Do you want a Pepe figure in series 6?

In what series would you like to see a Pepe figure made?

• I want Pepe in series 6 and bump a classic character

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • I would rather have a classic character in series 6

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
It seems the populare vote is yes on Pepe but no on series 6. This is also what I'm voting for.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hey,
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Pepe should wait. I definitely feel that Pepe should be made, but not in series 6. The classics have been waited for for so long, I can't in good conscious ask for Pepe to made before say the Vets Hospital gang, Lips, Marvin Suggs, Uncle Deadly, Nigel, or the Bear on Patrol guys.

This is my idea. Pepe could be a playset seller. He may be our only chance at a Muppets Tonight Playset once 2002 is over. It could be Pepe and Seymour with the Control Room, for Series 8 or 9. I figure by then we should be just about out of sellable characters for the Muppet Show line. Series 8 or 9 could be:

Clifford
Bobo in guard uniform
Johnny Fiama
Sal
Pepe and Seymour in elevator outfits with Control Room Playset

This way, Pepe could be his actual height. If he's single carded he'd have to be bigger and grossly out of scale (Although Ken told me his ideas for a single carded Pepe and they sound pretty cool).
Then later on, we could get a single carded Pepe in his hooded sweatshirt, maybe for the movie line (since I have no doubt Palisades will get the Movie rights). And of course Pepe in a too-too (sp?) is a must. In fact, they could do a Pepe in every third wave, maybe waves 9, 12, and 15.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my answer is "No", I can wait.
-Artie

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I created a poll for Ken's Pepe question. It appears at the top of this discussion. Please answer the question so Palisades can get an idea of what you would like to see happen.

Then, post a response to this discussion and elaborate on your choice.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I want a Pepe figure. But I want Rizzo more. Currently, Rizzo is scheduled for series 8, I believe. So, I don't want Pepe ahead of Rizzo, but I'd take Pepe ahead of some of the other classic Muppets.

Not terribly helpful, but those are my thoughts. I guess, like many of the people who have already posted, I'm flip-flopping on this one.

Emmy1500

Reaction score
No thanks. I would prefer to see all the classic characters who were actually in the original muppet show first.

thx

Cory

Rufus

Reaction score
I thought I'd be in the minority with this, too, but I guess not...

I definitely would prefer The Muppet Show line to stick with Muppet Show characters. I think Pepe would be terribly out of place in series 6, unless the Muppet Show line is going to evolve into an all-encompassing Muppet line by series 6 (like Hasbro has done in recent years with Star Wars, featuring characters from all movies in one general line).

- R -

Smig

Reaction score
Ken;
Why not start a SECOND Muppets line? ALternate a series with the classic MUPPET SHOW characters with a subseries of more recent characters...(Simply called "Jim Henson's Muppets") With characters like Pepe and Bobo, and maybe evem ones like Mad Monty and Clueless Morgan..Iyt Might be a good idea to consider, seeing that the muppet's new FOX series might be debuting next year, and that's gonna bring another slew of characters...

Smig

The Big Don

Reaction score
I too would rather the classic characters as opposed to newer characters. But I will buy any and all muppets figures.

The "Heel" Big Don

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

Yes, Yes, Yes!

I can easily understand everyones concerns about the inclusion of classic characters, but by the time series 6 rolls around it looks like all the big guns will have been representes except for Rizzo (and Sweetums & Robin in the Theater Playset).

Seeing how gung-ho you've been about certain obscure classic characters I have no doubt some will be included later, but I see no problem with including Pepe. He is a very important character now and it would be great to see him represented. I like the elevator idea, but I would also like to see him in plain clothes.

So to re-cap Yes, Yes, Yes!
(as long as Rizzo, Lips, Pops and others will be coming sometime in 03)