Do you want a Pepe figure in series 6?

In what series would you like to see a Pepe figure made?

• I want Pepe in series 6 and bump a classic character

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • I would rather have a classic character in series 6

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick

Waldo, Digit and Leon aren't even in the public's mind anymore these days (well maybe Waldo). I believe active Muppet characters should take priority over forgotten ones, but I definitely think two of the ones you listed should be made. I think Leon is as likely and would be as big of a seller as Miss Mousey. Too obscure. Yeeah, we should make another thread. LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kev

But I thin that there will always be some classic character that could be made instead of Pepe, but there really is only one, Rizzo, would likely come after him. And Im sure more classic characters would be made after Pepe. People are treating this like Pepe would be the end of the classic line and I haven't heard Ken state that was the case.:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeek!

Rizzo, Pops and Marvin Suggs have been pretty solid ideas for a while as Ken has continually mentioned them that way. Uncle Deadly has been listed as a possible for some time now and I think there is a big probability for Lips seeing how popular he is around here so I don't see that any of the ones you mentioned are being bumped.

I think the approach of this poll had been poor. Pepe wouldn't be erradicating another cast memeber - or (likely) any that keeps getting expressed in these threads. Do you guys honestly think that they'll make Pepe and forget Rizzo or Marvin Suggs? Eeek. This question is only really about Pepe. I would like to see Nigel get made, but I think Pepe should come first because he is a much better seller.

beaker

Reaction score
While Yes, I would loved to have seen a series one Pepe, this is a TMS line...Im a RABID pepe fan, but he should be series one of his own thing...meaning Im hoping the TMS line evolves into a Muppets Universe line(much like the potf star wars line for awhile was movie unspecific) Pepe is a must.....I think people just wanna see him without the TMS card. An exlcusive or anything...we aLL want a Pepe figure I think(I t's hard to imagine any Pepe hatahs out there) but Im sure the sentiment is Muppet expansion series, not TMS line.

But.....I think I would agree that a packin robin, rizzo, camilla, or any other smaller figure is a must. So far I think the only packin has been Robot Rabbit(or is there other figures being planned for packins?)

///beaker///

matleo

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with Scott and Zoot/Dingo that if I knew certain others were set in stone than I would feel more comfortable with it. I also agree that it wold feel a little odd putting Pepe in a TMS line. But I could understand putting him in a "Muppets" line. I hink what a lot of us are afraid of is that Pepe will get made instead of an obscrue character that 'we' personally really want and then said obscure character will never get made. it comes down to who woul you rather have Pepe or Uncle deadly? Pepe or Lips? Pepe or Jp Grosse? Pepe or Pops? it's like a Crastacean Russian Roulette! Ya know you can say I'm okay with "XYZ" being PUSHED BACK for now but when you push back a character not set in stone you face the grim reality "oh, I may never have "XYZ". I mean, I would be okay with the decision to puch back Lips, Uncle Deadly, Pops, Marvin Suggs whoever, if I knew that to was just that..pushed back, but to not KNOW that...eh, I'm a little hesitant to jump on the Pepe bandwagon.

As for the JHH guys (aside from Bean and Clifford) I think we're getting into characters who would only be recognized and bought by us here. I don't think a lot of people remember digit, Leon, etc. I love them, they were great characters, but I just don't see them as figures. That's my opinion.

--Matt

--Matt

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hold on, Okay?

The packaging will have like Waldord, Dr Bob, Nurse Piggy and Nures Janice, and then Pepe.

It seem out of place, and i don't think right now they are going to start another line of Jim Henson muppet's. Pepe will look a lot better with an up to date Rizzo,Bobo, Phil Jonny and Sal.

also if thy did make a pepe fig? what would he wear? i mean the hooded sweatshirt is from MFS so would that be do able? I mean i still wish Kermit could come with a banjo too, but i mean would we would have pepe naked? or as a bell hop? then that goes in to MT. also what size will he be? everyone says to scale but then he'd be really small, i can see him made a about a kermit size as along with an up to date rizzo bigger but i think wait on them for another set of newer muppets that way he wouldn't be mixed in funny, i mean if he's made big he will tower over packin Robin and camilla, I mean then you would need a bigger Robin fig.

Zack)Rowlf the, i'm sure now that i am strong on waitting for Pepe, don't mix and match, you wouldn't do it with socks would you? a white sock and a green sock?Dog.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Eeeek!

Originally posted by frogboy4
Rizzo, Pops and Marvin Suggs have been pretty solid ideas for a while as Ken has continually mentioned them that way. Uncle Deadly has been listed as a possible for some time now and I think there is a big probability for Lips seeing how popular he is around here so I don't see that any of the ones you mentioned are being bumped.
Frogboy, I think the main worry everyone (myself included) has is that we still don't know how well this line will do or how long it will last. I hope without limits that the line will shoot off like a rocket at retail and it's around for twenty series, but right now all we know is that Series 1 is a hit with collectors. That doesn't mean something like Series 3 won't be stuck on store shelves for months and doom the future of the line.

When I say "bump," I mean simply pushing them back. I highly doubt Palisades would out and drop a character completely from its plans, especially someone like Rizzo or Marvin Suggs. But, but, the fear right now is that if Pepe bumps someone else out of Series 6, then it's always possible we might not see Series 7.

I mean, you're right that Pepe would probably make a nice anchor character for an assortment, but is it worth it if a Pepe comes out for Series 6, and then the line is cancelled before we see a Rizzo in whatever series he would be planned for?

I imagine a lot of people's opinions will change once the line debuts in stores and we all see how they do. But for right now (for me, anyway), it's too risky to say "Yes, I'd like that new character before that one I grew up with." After all, some of us have been waiting 25 years for toys of some of these guys.

I kind of echo your wish that this poll would have been asked differently, but for me I wish it was done after the toys have already hit the stores and the future of the line is a little more secured.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding (though I could be mistaken) that if 2002 is successfull, that there will be 4 waves in 2003 so there will be no "bumping" of any of those characters. It's not a big deal if Pepe doesn't get made, but I hope he does. On another thread some people are proposing third versions of characters. If that's the case, I'm Pepe all the way. I wouldn't mind a Nigel or Lewis Kazagger in his place, though. It does seem this line will be popular too, so the only thing I'm worried about these days is being able to afford them all.:wink:

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Passing on Pepe

No, no, no!!

I have to disagree with Quinn in discussing obsure TMS characters. I would buy the MOST OBSCURE TMS character before I would buy a Pepe figure!

I think the appeal of the Palisades line is that it is "bringing forth" characters that we haven't seen or heard from in years. Frankly, after MT, MFS, and Long John Silvers commercials I am all Pepe'd out!
Maybe years, years, and years down the road when all the Muppet Show characters have been produced as action figures by Palisades, the TMM, GMC, and MTM soundtracks have been re-released to CD, and every episode of TMS has been released on DVD, I will be less prickly towards Pepe and join in his supporters in seeing a little more Pepe merchandise!

*Whew*

Still, I admit, I love the whole "I will spank you like a bad bad donkey, OK?" line...

Jim

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is ulikely that all of the obscure characters will be made and a couple main/popular characters must be in each wave to help guarantee it's success. So that means there will eather be yet another version of Kermt or Gonzo down the line (when there are already third and even fourth versions already planned) and no Pepe. I want all the obsure guys too. I have mentioned my support for Lips, Thog, Nigel and even Mildred and George. As they have it layed out, only one or two lesser-known characters can be in each wave, so Pepe will not likely be pushing out any character from getting made except for a duplicate. I don't see why this is not understood.:wink: