Dreams about Muppets...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nope, doesn't sound familiar.
OK, just a quick interruption, at the RHLC we were pondering on how random the topics we discuss can get. And we came up with the notion that Richard is sitting on a cloud somewhere with one of those Twister board things with the arrows and the spaces. And you know, on the spaces are various weird topics that we just happen to discuss out of nowhere.

...I guess you had to be there. Hehe :embarrassed: :wink:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Thanks, now I'll know who to through muffins at.
:wink: Of course if I tried that, they would just fall back and beam me on the head, which would be just what he had in mind.
:smirk:

Please excuse the sillyness all you sane people.

Random MC member: What did she call me? I'm offended!
:crazy:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, so there is a DC digital game already? Hmmm, never heard of it. Thanks for the info Erin!
Hmm, we might not be thinking of the same game, Kate. The one I'm referring to was made around the time the movie was released, in 1982.

Info's on Muppet Wiki: just look under Dark Crystal merchandise, for "The Dark Crystal (computer game)."

I played it once (Sierra re-released it on CD-ROM as part of a game anthology in the 1990s); it differs in some ways from the movie; for example, you have to answer a riddle from Aughra in order to get the crystal shard.

But...I think you can see a few allusions to The Dark Crystal in some of the King's Quest games, at least the way I see it.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
And once again I feel as if I'm rescuing this thread from sinking into the debths of obscurity...

This morning I had a rully groovey Fraggle Rock Dream. When I woke up I thought it was my first FR dream ever, but looking at the last few posts I see it wasn't. Ah well, it was definately the coolest!
It actually started out as an I Dream of Jeannie dream if you can believe it. I've been reading a lot of IDoJ fan fiction lately, so I guess that's why. It started out with Jeannie and Tony standing outdoors somewhere, in each others arms, surrounded by reporters. I seem to remember they had recently had an arguement, (probably about Tony being away so much, as this was a theme in some of the stories I read). They had obviously made up or nearly so, but you could tell that Jeannie was still upset. All of a sudden, Tony began to levitate. Then, even though it isn't really clear, there is some indication that Jeannie is slowly beginning to disappear, which anyone who knows the series well knows that means she is really upset and depressed. This goes on for some time, (A sort of weird mental narration that accompanies some of my dreams says it was a month, but I just took that mediforically to mean a long time.) Then Tony suddenly disappears, and this is the last we see or hear of Jeannie.
We jump to the tunnel leading from Doc's workshop/apartment to Fraggle Rock, where Doc is walking along on his way to visit the fraggles. He sees Wembly just sort of hanging out and playing by himself. Wembly asked Doc who he was, or maybe vice versa. I can't remember exactly the conversation went, and it kinda bugs me, as at one point I know Wembly refferred to Gobo as either his brother or his foster brother. The gist of it was that Doc was looking for Gobo, and Wembly was excited to meet Doc finally, and knew Gobo would be happy to see him. We follow Doc into Gobo's cave room, where we find Gobo, Tony and Roger having a conversation about something. At some point, I think there was some speculation over whether the Trash Heap had sumoned the two men there. As Doc is standing there, who should walk in behind him but Cantus! Cantus is looking a bit different than he did in the series though. He is kind of generally scruffy shadey-looking, if that makes sense. Keep in mind I can't actually see the things I dream about; I just kind of know in some strange way. Either Doc or Tony turns around, looks at him, and says something to Gobo along the lines of, "No offense, but why is this shadey character without a job crashing here?" Cantus answers him by saying something about how it was his job to be here where he was. It strikes me as a very Cantus-like thing to say. lol! Then I woke up.
Strange, huh?
Sorry about the lengt of most of my discriptions. I just try to get in as much detail as possible. That, and since I don't like dream journaling, I use this as sort of a muppet dream journal record.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
here's one

I was at a Tv studio....I saw Wilkins, Wonktins, Baby Bear, Kermit, Cookie Monster, Gonzo, and Telly. they were performing a maxwell house coffee commercial. Wilkins said that it was a comeback for wilkins coffee. The performed the Brand X, Blow Up, Bad Guy Machine, William Tell and they had a sesame street and a muppet show version for it.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I dreamed that all the Muppet performers from FR had gone to a skating rink near the studio in Toronto to play their own version of rock hockey, almost exactly as it was shown in the FR episode "Playing 'Til It Hurts." The big difference, of course, is that they were all wearing ice skates instead of greaseberry leaves.

I remember that Karen Prell was one of the top players for one of the teams (and she was wearing a hat shaped like Red's hair), and Richard Hunt was either a team captain or one of the refs, and I remember seeing Kathy Mullen, Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire...

As for Jim Henson, he was probably off acting as scorekeeper. It was all very strange and wacky.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, and it also sounds like something they would do and then talk about on one of the season box sets.
:excited:

Pork

Reaction score
hahaha, that's a funny dream XD

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I had a dream that Kermit, Icky Gunk, Harry the Hipster, and Sam appeareed at my house then they walk up to a trash can and kept banging it only to find Oscar the Grouch popping out!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I've had a many muppet dreams, not about the muppets themselves, but of muppet merchandise.

for example just last night i dreamt that in my room i had all sorts of videos, some of which are real, and some that arn't. such as a few best of the muppet show videos, the muppet show seasons 3 4 and 5, and the most interesting, Fraggle Rock Babies:smirk:! i have dreams similar to this once in a blue moon.
:crazy: