1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dreams about Muppets...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 1, 2002.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I had a dream that the fraggles were failing on saying their names in the theme song. I was laughing the whole time!
    Borples and PanthraDion like this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last week I dreamt that a video store I used to rent videos from most of the time that closed in 1996 was suddenly selling everything it had for rent. This video store had four of the Playhouse Videos, and was one of the few places I remember seeing those videos in person. In my dream they were selling Rock Music with the Muppets, Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff, and Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets. Sort of weird because in real life that video store did NOT have Children's Songs and Stories available for rent (it also had The Muppet Revue and Muppet Moments, which I could not find in my dream). And for some reason I only bougth one of the three. Can't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Rock Music (ironically the only one of the three that, as of this writing, I have NOT found on YouTube).
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I had a dream about me and my classmates going to Taipei to put on a show, which is after I watched The Muppets Take Manhattan.
  4. minor muppetz

A detail of my dream that I forgot to mention: After I made the purchase and took it home I got it out of the box and it ended up being a VHS copy of The Muppets Take Manhattan in the wrong box (and the video store I know of that had these videos for rent never had The Muppets Take Manhattan).

Last night I dreamt that sesamestreet.org added several classic clips. Looking at the "related videos" they had added several season 1 Kermit and Grover segments, though by the looks of the images they all looked like the "in the box" segment (but in my dream the running time could be seen in the "related videos"and they all had different lengths). I also dreamed there was some segment on sizes going back and fourth, mainly focusing on big characters. Some character was behind a brick wall talking, and several characters were marching from behind, including Big Bird, Sam the Robot, Bunen and Beaker (why? It's Sesame Street), and several anything muppets. But Big Bird was only seen below the waiste, apparently walking on the wall.
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Last night I had a very strange dream about Karen Prell. I was, apparently, working on a local production for ESOL kids with some friends of mine when Karen came to surprise me. She showed up, wearing a red button down shirt and with the Red muppet on her hand but….her behavior was really bizarre. She was standoffish and kind of phobic. When I went to give her a hug, she lurched away and sort of hid behind her puppet. :confused: I thought…Oh no! She’s turned into an agoraphobe or something.
    Anyway, I told her how much I enjoyed her work in Fraggle Rock and how her muppeteering was top notch…to which she mostly looked closed off and uncomfortable and then she gave me free stuff…..that was all in Japanese and had nothing to do with muppets. One was a bamboo scroll and another was a small newspaper in Japanese that also looked like it came from another era. An old tea cup and some other random things…oh yeah..ONE chopstick….which is oh so useful.
    By the time Karen left….after practically running away from my camera so—No picture for me--- I was so thrown by her performance that I went to The Café Du Monde (So…I guess I can teleport to New Orleans in my dreams) and drank coffee while ‘reading’ which is basically staring enviously at all the Japanese text infront of me. A tourist came by and was very excited asking me if I’d met Karen! So….o.o obviously.,..old newspapers in Japanese = Karen Prell was here.
    All in all it was a very bizarre dream. This is what comes of going to sleep with an empty stomach, I guess.
    BI-ZARRRRRRRRRE!
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well us talking about Japan obviously had something to do with your dream. Lol!
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

NO QUESTION! Ha ha ha. Still...my subconscious got scrambled up last night for sure. Karen Prell?! Agoraphobia? ! What the heck?!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  8. Borples

Borples Active Member

Ha ha ha, now THAT'S a dream! Utter nonsense! I love that your brain took somebody who is notoriously friendly, approachable and happy and made her ... uh, not those things. :)

I read or heard somewhere once that one's brain can't read in dreams. Which might explain why everything was in a foreign language. Then again, I'm almost entirely sure that I've read in dreams before, so who knows?
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Lol Yes. I haven't the slightest how I got it all turned around. It was funny, though. She still had her 80s hair and glasses.
    But you know, I know ive read in dreams before too. I think its my previous convos with Pinky that did it.
  10. Pinkflower7783

I ain't taking the blame for your dreams! Lol! :p
  11. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Ohhhhoohohoo! You KNOW you are atleast, in part, responsible!
  12. Pinkflower7783

Nope ain't responsible I just make videos! Lol!
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I had a dream that Kermit was an explorer, and he was exploring an icy cave. While exploring, he meets Piggy as the frozen, living, dead, and the thing keeping her that way is these urns that break because the cave is too cold. So, Kermit takes the time trying to keep her alive, and he falls in love with her.

It was a really really wierd dream.
    But it was beautiful.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Wow now that is a dream because we all know Kermit...ehh nevermind Lol! Haha that could be a storyline for the new movie! Granted couldn't be that dramatic but I could see funny things happening. Lol!
    miss kermie likes this.
  15. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I had a rather Muppety dream last night! So, I now have 8 official evil exes (you think Ramona Flowers would have made me learn my lesson and I got confused between if I had 8 or 9 as it pertains to my dream)

Anyhow, in my dream, my most recent evil ex was trying to hurt me, he was some big vaccuum monster that was sucking all the clean air away and emitting cigarette smoke into the air which is lethal to me! (due to asthma)

Next thing I knew, I fell down, in some dirt and hurt my ankle, I almost fell forward into the dirt which I now discovered was mud, but, two blue arms caught me. It was Gonzo and Camilla flew in next to him. They were a superhero couple team and they protected me from my evil ex monster and defeated him and got me to safety :) Then we ended up by the beach, Camilla got into a boat, Gonzo got on a parasail thing attached to the boat and they invited me to come with them, so, I did and then we rode off into the sunrise (yes, sunRISE not sunset) and then Gonzo made a wonderful crash landing! He got in the boat at this point, and I thanked him and Camilla again and we shared a group hug!

It was very pleasant to wake up after that :)
  16. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    You peeps are rubbing off on me.

This morning I had a dream I was watching some "lost Muppet special", clearly from the '70s, where Kermit and co. were all in a large bus or RV taking a trip somewhere. Unfortunately all I recall now is one scene, where several of the cast were anxious about not being able to get out of some horrible territory they were in, and Kermit walked around through the RV singing to them. The song was one I recognized vaguely in the dream, but upon waking I don't know what it was, only that it had a theme of "it's okay, everything's going to be all right" (though perhaps not in those exact words), and weirdly, Jim Henson wasn't singing. Instead, some '60s classic country singer was providing the voice even though I'm sure it was Jim operating Kermit. Very weird.

My housemates, unfortunately, were there being loud and intrusive while I was trying to watch this, so much so that I yelled at them. (No, they're typically NOT like that in real life...I may just be frustrated with still having to share space.) The alarm went off before the special ended so I have no idea of the whole plot.
    -------------
  17. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I took a nap this afternoon and had a short but awesome, and totally strange, muppety dream. I was listening to music on last.fm and a song came on by a Wiccan artest, Kenny Klein, who I don't particularly like though I do have a few of his songs in my library. Anyway, this song was live, and he talked a little in the beginning about how he wrote this song when he was 25, and it was a challenge for him to write a commedy song mentioning all the different religions of the world. The first muppety clue I had was when he said something and Fozzie, voiced by Eric Jacobson, called out, "That's not nice!" from the audience. Then he started singing, and musically it was based somewhat on Mad Dogs and Englishmen, though a bit slower. I couldn't really make out any of the words, as a bunch of muppets were singing with him in a wild assortment of voices. I could pick out Kermit, Piggy, Uncle Deadly, (Kenny sang something about Hamlet, and Deadly had one solo line), and Elmo and Zoe. There were more. Someone with a deep voice, possibly Link or Statler and Waldorf, as I can't imagine one without the other. Strangely though Elmo and Zoe were the only 2 SS muppets, I looked at the album information and it was a Sesame Street album.
  18. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I had a dream that scooter proposed to me.
  19. floyd<3janice

floyd<3janice Well-Known Member

I had a dream i was stuck in the 70s and no one knew who the muppets were i was so confused then they came on tv in my dream and nobody could see them but me
    the wierdest dream ever
  20. minor muppetz

I dreamt about quite a few Muppet things last night...

First, I dreamt that I was watching a scene from the Gene Kelly episode that doesn't appear in the episode. Gene Kelly goes outside the theater and finds Kermit, not wearing his collar, and then they start singing, with some tune like "Some people just have to dance..." and eventually a number of cartoon characters appear. Scooby-Doo and Shaggy appear, and Jabberjaw appears, dressed in drag, singing "some people just want to cross dress" (now keep in mind I never watched Jabberjaw), and then Bugs Bunny comes up from the ground and sings "Some people need to know the correct turn in albequerque". I think C3PO and R2D2 also made a cameo.

And then I was playing an Angry Birds-style Sesame Street game, where various characters were either hiding or trapped, only the tips of their heads being in view, and Elmo had to shoot slingshots to get them out. This game featured Herry Monster, Maurice, Murray Monster, The Two-Headed Monster, and others. And at one point I shot somethiing which revealed that The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street would come to DVD in january (but it had weird illustrated art on the cover).

And then I saw an image of the cover for the upcoming Best of Sesame Friends, and kept trying to get online to see if Muppet Wiki had any info besides what we already know. But in my dream the cover is pretty similar to how the "Muppets" video section at sesamestreet.org looks, only with nine main character images.