1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Miss Piggy

77 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Fozzie Bear

146 vote(s)
    47.7%

1. muppetray

muppetray New Member

ME @ Hopefully A Scooter Muppet Show Jacket 4 Humans!
    Please like my Suggetion on The Disney Store Face book page
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/DisneyStore?sk=wall&filter=1 Click on most recent and go down the page Somewhat!;):wisdom::crazy:
  2. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I want new Muppet items PLUS the new psoer replicas. I have Kermit, Gonzo and Animal and LOVE them! Bring on Pepe, Rizzo, Miss Piggy and Fozie!
  3. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

OK...I'm refusing to get the least bit excited about this BUT my order for the EFX Rizzo on Play.com has gone from "Pre-Order" to "Awaiting Stock". It has also been taken off the main site - has anyone else got this? ?
  4. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I've emailed efx who have successfully ignored my fifth email (seriously efx??!!??!!!) for clarification on my last post so who knows whats happening. I have been told by someone who sells efx items that they are not doing very well at all as a company and they will definitely not be making any Muppet replicas - this seems the most likely thing but I have sent an email to play.com to see if they know anything - maybe efx are polite enough to respond to them!
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i say be careful you never know what could happen and play.com could take advantage
  6. j3h

j3h Active Member

will EFX be at SDCC this year?
  7. j3h

j3h Active Member

I just unearthed my previous iPhone which had pictures from SDCC 2010.
    Here's what I shot at EFX's booth:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

And, sadly, that will probably be the last appearance for them :(
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I wonder if the film will create interest in high-end collectibles like the posers. On that same coin I wonder if Disney will become more cautious about allowing fans to own these spitting image likenesses. No matter what, I think it's safe to say that any small hope for new posers is at least a year away from market.
  10. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I hope frogboy has something here. They (Disney) probably won't do much witgh the idea of the posers until the new movie...IF they do at all. I am just very upset to see, Animal, Kermit and Gonzo and NO Piggy and Fozzie. Even though Piggy is my favorite, it would have been perfect to at least get Fozzie to Round out the group a little more.

I have also e-mailed efx many weeks ago, at least a month and never got any response back from them. They are still making replicas and selling, so WHY not respond to fans?

Oh well, hopefully one day us fans will be able to complete the fab 5. If Only I knew how to build puppets, I would have already done myself a fozzie and piggy. Those who can build them for themselves are the lucky ones. :sympathy:
  11. j3h

j3h Active Member

Hi gang,
    I was at SDCC this year and asked efx about the Muppets...Note, They did not have any on display.

The unfortunate answer is "they are fully on the back burner and not going to happen anytime soon." they stated that could not find a factory that could do the work and the restrictions placed on them by Disney (for both product and Factory choice) makes it next to impossible to get them done. They are very much aware that it's an unfortunate situation due to it being a movie year, but there is nothing they can do about it.

I honestly got the feeling that these will never happen and they know it and have pretty much given up. I did find it interesting that Disney has say in factory choice...not surprising though with disney's product standards and ethics standards. It could mean that there is a factory somewhere that could make the replicas exactly the way all want them, but they use questionable labor practices which Disney objects to (as they have all right to do)
  12. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Ok, I know there really is no news at all about the posers and most think that they're production days are over..well, have been over for quite some time now, but do you think things will change with the new movie?

I mean Disney is marketing the Muppets like crazy, would it be a smaller possibility to have these posers see the light of day? I'd really love for this to happen.

Any thoughts, or am I just doing the hopeful dreamy thing?
  13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

14. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Well, I hope we'd get Piggy and Fozzie before Walter, no offense to Walter.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

well yea lol but maybe after and pepe scooter and rowlf walter those are the ones i want
  16. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i hope posers do come out cause of the film but i'm not putting my hopes up maybe disney should try a different company to make the posers one who will update us on it regularly and get them out quick i really want that photo puppet rizzo they keep showing us
  17. j3h

j3h Active Member

Efx is very aware of the movie's release and the missed opportunity by not being able to have product out corresponding with it...but "it's out of their hands". They can not make the posers if they can not find a Disney Approved overseas factory that can do Disney & EFX approved quality.
    And from conversations at SDCC, it sounds like they are no longer looking.
  18. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

We can ALL dream......I just want another some kind of Muppet. I am really am not going to be picky. Anything would be better than nothing at all.
  19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when eFX's license runs out?
  20. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Probably already did run out since it has been years since they annouced it and never went through with the project.