eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

unclematt

Reaction score
I would love to have Scooter in his Muppet Show jacket. That would be fantastic.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I still think that Scooter would be a better choice more than Beaker. He seems like he would be runners up after all the others.

unclematt

Reaction score
Beaker's popularity has soared though and semi retiring Scooter did not help him

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The five most popular Muppet characters in products (for well over a decade) are these in about this order:

Kermit, Animal, Beaker, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear.

Scooter's one of my personal faves, but he was retired from 92-99 and hasn't been given much to do since then. Maybe he'll get more work and that will lead to products. I think a Scooter poser will be quite striking. In fact, to me he epitomizes the opening of every Muppet Show. Maybe he could get a poser on that iconic fact alone. I hope so, but won't hold my breath. :wink:

unclematt

Reaction score
The five most popular Muppet characters in products (for well over a decade) are these in about this order:

Kermit, Animal, Beaker, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear.

Scooter's one of my personal faves, but he was retired from 92-99 and hasn't been given much to do since then. Maybe he'll get more work and that will lead to products. I think a Scooter poser will be quite striking. In fact, to me he epitomizes the opening of every Muppet Show. Maybe he could get a poser on that iconic fact alone. I hope so, but won't hold my breath. :wink:
1. I am suprised that Gonzo is ranked above Fozzie.

2. I am suprised that Miss piggy does not make that list.

3. I guess I am suprised Gonzo makes that list.

Don't get me wrong, he makes my list but I get a little upset that Animal and Beaker are on that list and not Rowlf.

My list
1. Kermit
2. Fozzie
3. Gonzo
4. Piggy
5. Rowlf

Taylor

Reaction score
Well none of us know what will happen and its clear we all have our favorites but I think EFX's decisions on which characters to make will be comprised of who sells well, who's popular, and above all which characters we the hardcore fans want most. We are the driving force for these types of products and I think the five they've chosen to start with reflects that.

unclematt

Reaction score
Well none of us know what will happen and its clear we all have our favorites but I think EFX's decisions on which characters to make will be comprised of who sells well, who's popular, and above all which characters we the hardcore fans want most. We are the driving force for these types of products and I think the five they've chosen to start with reflects that.
That's the way it works and you can't blame them. It is all business.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1. I am suprised that Gonzo is ranked above Fozzie.

2. I am suprised that Miss piggy does not make that list.

3. I guess I am suprised Gonzo makes that list.

Don't get me wrong, he makes my list but I get a little upset that Animal and Beaker are on that list and not Rowlf.

My list
1. Kermit
2. Fozzie
3. Gonzo
4. Piggy
5. Rowlf
The list wasn't as much my opinion as marking actual current Muppet product trends. My personal taste reflects something quite different. My five product faves? That's easy. It would be: Kermit, Gonzo, Scooter, Fozzie and Rowlf.

The realism of it for mainstream products:
Fozzie has had much less exposure than Gonzo over the last decade (until recently). He was featured far less in MCC, MFS and wasn't all that prominent in MTI or MT either where Gonzo had a leading role in all of it. It makes sense that he gets pegged first.

Miss Piggy doesn't sell as much when pegged with the other characters. That's an industry fact cited by the Henson Company itself. She's best when marketed as her own signature line of things. It's weird, but true.

Animal and Beaker are popluar with even the most casual of fans because they aren't very nuanced. The "wild dude" and the "persecuted underdog" are easily communicated. I prefer Rowlf to them too, but he'd been retired for a while. I'm glad he's coming back. Again, that list wasn't my taste, it's what sells the most these days.

Personally, I expect that as the Muppets get more of a Disney push that Janice will play a role in products for girls. There's going to be a lot more Pepe too.

unclematt

Reaction score
I like Pepe but I don't understand why he was created. In my mind he just replaces Rizzo. The small sarcastic character. Maybe because they wanted the sarcastic character to play off Kermit and couldn't have Kermit and Rizzo together because they are both performed by Steve. I don't know. Just my thoughts.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like Pepe but I don't understand why he was created. In my mind he just replaces Rizzo. The small sarcastic character. Maybe because they wanted the sarcastic character to play off Kermit and couldn't have Kermit and Rizzo together because they are both performed by Steve. I don't know. Just my thoughts.
The characters aren't planned as much as they evolve. Pepe really struck a chord with viewers so the writers and performers just went with that. I'm glad they did. I think he works well with Rizzo too.

Any ETA on some EFX Muppety news?