1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Miss Piggy

74 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Fozzie Bear

144 vote(s)
    47.8%

1. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Yeah a lot ppl dislike the nose thing, not me thought.
    That said i juped very late on the train for posers but not at a to bad time i think.
    Kermit was mopst expensive for me while Animal and Gonzo together did cost almost the same with shipping and tax as Kermit did.
    To bad i could not buy more Gonzos from amazon when they where 69$ with free shipping because they didnt ship toys to germany.
    Im not a big fan of the MR Animal, he looks most dissapointed for me. Sure all posers have some issues but Animal looks worst, especaly when you open the box the 1st time.
    But well they wherent that expensive for me at all and i still happy to have this great and rare stuff.

If i could i would add more posers but the price plays the music.
    Spending 300$ on a poser and another 90-120$ for shipping and then another 80$ import tax makes it very costy.
    If the price gets over 300$ for the poser its just not worth it for me unless that thing looks so awesome that it is a must own.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dog.I hope you can find another dog to fill the gap.:sympathy:
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'll have to agree with you there. Animal really required a lot of post-purchase styling while Gonzo's nose sock seems to fade away from afar. But Animal does look a lot better with the replica collar.
  4. Davina

Davina Member

Thanks muppetperson.. we do have 3 other dogs, but she was the first we'd gotten after we were married and she came to us with a slew of medical problems but was just the sweetest little thing in the world. never had a problem with young kids or older people or anything. all she wanted in the world was to be given attention (ok, and treats) and we lost her very suddenly last March to an apparent stroke. We still miss her, but the others keep me busy :)
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i know how it feels davina we lost our Dog this past thanksgiving extremely suddenly
  6. AnimalAttack

AnimalAttack New Member

Is your Animal collar the same one that folks waited months for, discussed in another thread? Also, did you change Animal's eye focus like Gonzo? Yours really looks cool.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks! Yes, the photo with Animal hanging from the beam is the collar purchased from the seller from the other thread. That was his first batch. The other collar is one I made from a rubber Halloween accessory. I also changed Animal and Gonzo's pupil focus and did a little painting and trimming here and there.
  8. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Hmm so no replicas from EFx ? What a shame i really wanted Rizzo and Pepe.
  9. muppetperson

The replicas arent ruled out yet.The hurdle is the sourcing of the fabrics and fabrication.There is still no definitive timing for a launch.Everyone is still working to try and find a solution and hopefully have exciting news to report.
  10. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Neeeeeeever gonna happen! ! ! As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way and EFX simply have no desire to deliver on their promise - if they did I would have a Rizzo replica staring down on me right now as I work. Now if it were a Star Wars replica I was waiting for...

Sorry for the cynical view but EFX have done NOTHING to address our issues, not responded to posts, not even had the courtesy to reply to emails regarding this line and we are years down the line since their initial announcement...YEARS! ! We put a man on the moon folks but Muppet fur ? C'mon!:grouchy:
  11. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I don't ever recall Bryan delivering a "promise" on anything that they produce. This is new to me.
  12. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Sure, they could go into production on them tomorrow. How much do you want to pay for them? I've seen plenty of griping on here about what the price may or may not be and almost everyone says, "Well, if it's over x amount, count me out!"

So, the problem for eFX is trying to balance quality with price and it's a lot more difficult than you can imagine. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they WANT to make these. It has everything to do with how much they will cost.

:p
  13. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Trust a Star Wars to jump to EFX's defence:p I actually meant more of a metaphorical promise as opposed to the standard definition:)
  14. MuppetCaper

I just put down $150.00 for the ROTS Luke reveal saber and it cost $499.00 This is a big price jump since the old MR days. It sold real well and is now sold out! I heard that China's economy is getting better, BUT they are getting paid much better. So that means that yes prices will go up for manufacturing anything that is shipped from over their. I like to say that if you want it bad enough you have to pay the price. It is a little sacrifice we all make when we want something. My best bet is to just save the money and wait. I did for Rizzo as well. I have well over $800 saved. It doesn't mean that it is going to cost that much. But it sure taught me how to save for things I really want bad and I have a little extra on the side. Doesn't hurt. I am going to have to send Bryan a PM over @ RS and see if their is anything new going on. Let him know that we all still are all ears and would love to hear from him over @ MC. Hang in their guys, things got to look up. ;)
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My guess is that EFX is waiting to see if the movie hype helps. Muppet items are just plain a harder sale right now no matter what the price point. They need a current project and will have a big one soon. I'm sure they want to make these. That's why they bought the license. It's still doubtful any Muppet poser will see the light of day.

I understand what you're saying. However, I don't think calling-out fans for perceived griping is an ideal sales strategy. ;) We are the market. If not us then general wealthy collectors (instead of Muppet fan collectors) are the market for these things and in that case the limited edition prestige would be enough to excite them more than expensive accuracy that a fan would notice.

I know these are going to be more expensive. The question is just how expensive. I don't think stating our budgets for such an item is unreasonable or fussy. It is what it is and this will cost what it costs and if there's enough people willing to buy it they'll make it. None of this is anyone's fault. Some fans just feel that their chain has been yanked over the fumbled publicity of this particular item.
  16. dmoss

dmoss Member

As an example, I was snooping around the Disney Online Store, and saw that they had Gonzo Pook-a-Looz. Turned out that (I keed you nawt) they were $4.99 PLUS, they were BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE! So, I definitely jumped at it, but it just goes to show that they maybe don't move as much as other merchandise does...also, the fact that Gonzo was the only actual Pook left on the site, besides a brand-new Mary Poppins. :concern:
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Exactly. I don't understand it either, but it's the same reason why (the last remaining) music stores only carry top artists and their most current albums. We've become such a culture of the now. :sympathy:

Once the movie hits there will be more Muppet stuff. It might not be as much as we'd like starting out, but if the characters become popular again and people know it's Fozzie Bear and not Fonzy Bear then we'll get him in all sorts of products! :o
  18. muppetperson

Well said.:wisdom:
  19. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Just to be clear, I'm not a spokesman for the company. So, my calling out fans for griping has nothing to do with any sales campaign that eFX might produce. I was just trying to correct the notion that if they really wanted to make these, they would already be made.

My opinion on the delay is that it has everything to do with all the complaints about the MR replicas (and I was one of the loudest complainers about some of them). I'm sure Bryan doesn't want to put out a product that will cause that kind of uproar again. He's either going to get it made right or not at all.

I think eFX has a no-win situation here. When they're quiet too long, people complain that they've abandoned the project and the fans and that's terrible customer service and when they give us information, people wind up complaining because of "promises" they've made that they're not fulfilling.

I, for one, still believe what we were told. They can't find a Disney approved factory that a) is even willing to take on the project and b) can do it for a price that won't bankrupt the collectors and still allow eFX to make it worth their while to do. But they are still trying.

:p
  20. MuppetCaper

I agree...when it gets quiet over @ Rebelscum....people start to rumble with no updates. Even the stuff that is going to be out to collectors who are waiting on things to ship are still asking for updates. It is a little company and I believe they bit off more than they can chew. I give Bryan and the gang credit for trying no matter at what cost. It is what it is going to be. Only time will tell.