1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

European McDonald's Muppet Show Happy Meal

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Zack the Dog, Nov 5, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

Hey,
    I hope so !

:D

Im sure I will be able to find em all, Ofcrouse im most looking forward to search for Rizzo and Sam !

There is only One Sam the Eagle plush available at this moment, This will be the second.

And the first one wasnt too easy to get ahold of either !

Im planning on getting everything from the Happy Meal Boxes, the plastic light thing and the display peice !

See ya
  2. BlueFrackle

Guys,

That was all excited ramblin' - LOL

I only posted to say that McDonalds normally do Two a Week in this case, So thats four weeks at two toys a week.

I wonder what the art will be on the boxes, The Muppet Show theatre and all that stuff ?

And what is this promoting, I know The Muppet Show's Twenty Fifth Anniversary.
    But what is coming out that these are promoting, I think there must be something ?

Hhhhmmmmm...

See ya
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

BlueFrackle,

Hate to burst your bubble, but I have a feeling that it will be a bag, not a box for this promotion. That and there might be different versions for every country!:D
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i think it'll be a bag too for this actually. BTW - what the heck is the plastic light thing ?

Jeez - i'm going to have to eat two happy meals a week for four weeks. I'll post and let everyone know if i've died from mad cow disease at the end of it !

BTW - people in the UK - sign up on the MCD's website for the advantage club. They send you a book of vouchers and you can get free happy meals with extra value meals, and also free ice creams flurry things when you buy happy meals. It'll beat actually paying for these plushes !
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

The plastic light thingy is called a "translight". They are placed on the menu boards in the lobby and in the drive thru (if you all have drive thrus), and are light from behind.

That has been your McDonalds Trivia Tidbit for the day.
  6. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Could someone possably get me a set? If so e-mail me!
  7. BlueFrackle

Nate + Luke,

I thought that after i typed it.

It seems that we are getting bags for more and more of the Happy Meal promotions.

I liked having it in boxes all the time !

Well an even bigger search, I gotta get all the bags from EVERYWHERE !

See ya
  8. rowlf

rowlf New Member

Hi-

Any of our European members who ends up getting Rowlf, get an extra and e-mail me. I'd be more than happy to pay to have it sent from the UK or wherever to join my Rowlf collection!
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Apparently, it is cheaper or easier to use bags. I hate 'em. They don't hold as well as Boxes. the last time I even SAW them use a box was during the Emperor's new Groove promo.

If anyone can get me any extra Muppet plushes, please tell me. especially Fozzie, Beaker, Chef, and Rowlf. Sam if you can find it...
  10. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

This conversation is making me two things, neither of which I like:

First, hungry for McDonald's. And their food is shack-nasty that I don't like that.

Second, bitter that I'm trapped in the States, and not in Europe, where I'd be able to get all those kicky toys.

Grrrrrrrrr.....

"Kicky!"

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn
  11. radionate

radionate New Member

You guys shouldn't fear about not getting these toys. Odds are they will be offered on ebay by the ton, and they shouldn't go for much. If you see a set online, and it is a lot of money, hold off, they will be cheaper later on. I promise you.
  12. Drtooth

I don't have a credit card, and I cannot order anything on E-ba as a result. Number 2, Wendy's is having ET toys, and Burger King will have Mario ones. So maybe it's for the best. Both Healthwise, and monetarily!!
  13. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

When I asked about the mario toys at BK, they said that they were going to be delayed till january so they are going to give out comic books.
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

The Burger King Kids Club meal for the Two Towers is supposed to start soon. And they are selling Simpsons watches right now too.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm so happy the Mcdonalds Muppets plush is finally happening in the UK...not to mention one of the coolest Muppet sites Ive seen
    http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/kidszone/main.asp

But I must say, these have to be some of the coolest Muppet plushes ever. I only got the more obscure guys(Beaker, Swedish Chef, and Rowlf) but if I could afford em I'd get all of em. I also hear a Sam and Rizzo plush is coming out in the same set?
    I really hope these come to Mcdonalds stateside though.

Finally, a new Super Mario promotion? Wow...that recent Wendy's Mario kids meal toy set is perhaps the coolest toy promotion Ive seen since Monsters Inc.

Btw, I have an extra Beaker mint in bag(german Mcdonalds 2002) if anybody is interested.

And yes, I think BlueFrackle and Luke are gonna be even more popular amongst the trade circles now^_^
  16. rowlf

rowlf New Member

Can anyone get an extra Rowlf and e-mail me to work out something?
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm leaving the Muppety trading goodness to ol' Wozza (BlueFrackle) - my schedule's pretty packed although saying that i did make an executive decision to ditch work for a day out at McDonalds yesterday.

If anyone wants anything and BlueFrackle's run out then sure contact me and i'll trade some for a figure or something but generally i don't collect or trade Muppet stuff unless i really like it.
  18. BlueFrackle

Guys,

If anyone needs some of them tell me quick, Because im not gonna go on a hunt for them once they have stopped that specific Muppet.

:D

Cory -
    I think yours are from England, Unless they say Die Muppet Show and have "25th Anniversary" written in German.

See ya
  19. rowlf

rowlf New Member

BlueFrackle-

I would definitely like a Rowlf.
  20. Drtooth

Okay you cool cats from the UK, the good Doctor needs you're help! If you can get an extra Beaker, Sam, Rowlf, oor Chef please contact me, and I'll see if I can get anything worth trading.!