Fan-Fic: Remembering The Good Times We Had

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Masterfully malicious... But you can't leave us here... Walk us through the rest.
Oh, and mayhaps you'd like to retitle this last one Chapter 8? Makes things flow easier from 7&½ afterwards. Just trying to help.

Hey Lisa, you need any tissues?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks

The Count said:
Masterfully malicious... But you can't leave us here... Walk us through the rest.
Oh, and mayhaps you'd like to retitle this last one Chapter 8? Makes things flow easier from 7&½ afterwards. Just trying to help.

Hey Lisa, you need any tissues?
Thanks Ed. And I've already corrected that too. But yeah, I won't post anything else until tommorrow morning around 8 or 9am EST. :big_grin: Stay tuned, it's bound to get wild from here...

*Hands huge box of tissues to Lisa* You'll need 'em, hun.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Good to know there'll be something of this story waiting when I get outta class tomorrow. You know, I think I might need some tissues myself over the heartbrake of Palisades.

Might inspire me to write a short story.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yep. I'm planning a few BIG things to happen onwards. :smile:

*hands tissue box to everyone now*

Just..grab your teddy bears and be prepared!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just so long as we finally meet Eleanor Devonshire, and we know there's a happy ending... Come on, its the Muppets we're talking about... I can handle it.
Bring it on.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay...so I lied. Math got out early, so here I am, once more. XD Also...CHAPTER TEN.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<dizzy>

....R- ..... Robin?...... <clinging to teddy bear>

Thanks for the tissues. Looking forward to more, of course... <squeezes teddy bear>

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Ten

Kermit glared at the shadow, and he breathed in and out.

"Why...why did you do this? Tell me, why did you do this!?"

The shadow, it cackled once more, then it seemed to get more gentle, almost, as if it were a small child.

"Did I hurt them? I didn't mean to hurt them..." It trailed off it's sentence, once it saw who was in the room with them.

The bright soft light peremated the room, filling every corner, but the shadow, it seemed was in perpurtal nighttime shadows. The spirit it softly walked towards where Kermit, Robin and Uncle Deadly lay.

"The little one fought to keep this phantom alive...and so did the phantom. They showed compassion towards each other, that is what this...menace hates. It hates passion and compassion, and especially empthy."

Her face turned towards the shadow, her face and body had taken the form of a female fraggle, almost. She was the peace-bringer, the love of many....

She was Life. And Life was her.

She knelt down beside them, and placed her hands on them.

"They shall both awaken within the hour. Watch over them. I shall deal with this menace." She frowned slightly, grabbing the shadow by it's front. She whispered to it. "You have been a bad little girl...you shall never come to the living plane anymore..."

You could see the shadow frowning, and struggling in Life's grip. And it whimpered. She smiled towards Kermit and his friends. Then she left in a puff of white smoke and light. The howling shadow in her grip was gone as well.

Scooter and Gonzo were both seated now on the floor.

"I guess...we take Robin home, Kermit." Gonzo said reluctanly. He watched the trio against the wall, Kermit did not budge an inch.

"No. I'll stay here. You guys go back...and tell them everything's alright. And that we took care of the shadow."

"But what about that woman...she kinda looked like some Fraggle--"

"They'd never believe us, Scooter. Just tell them we took care of it, but I'm staying behind to make sure everything is alright."

Gonzo and Scooter stood up, nodding towards Kermit. "Right, Kermit"

They told Sweetums that Robin was okay, but he wouldn't be out for awhile, he decided to stay behind as well, because he wanted to see Robin the moment he woke up. Then Gonzo and Scooter made their way back to the house.

--------

A clamor of voices rose in the house, when they got back.

"Where's Kermit, man!?!"

"Oh, why didn't my froggy come back with you?"

"He's probably just worried 'bout them."

"Or he might just be testing out something interesting with that shadow he found!"

"Me Me Mo!"

"QUIIEETT!!" Fozzie finally yelled over the din of them all.

"...like I told him, I don't like to do nude stuff anymore! Rully...it's such an old joke....Oh."

"Janice..." Scooter put his hand to his forehead, in frustration. "Okay, guys. Kermit is fine, Robin is fine, and Uncle Deadly is fine as well. We've taken care of the Shadow, and everything is fine, alright! He just decided it would be better to stay behind with Robin and Uncle Deadly, seeing as how they haven't...woken up yet. We guess they fought with it, and they passed out from it."

"Are you really sure that Kermit's alright down there, Scooter?" Fozzie asked, still very worried about his best friend.

"Yeah. The're all fine, Fozzie. Sweetums is there as well. Now, come on everyone, Kermit wouldn't want us worrying over him all the time!" Gonzo chimed in.

Scooter glanced at his watch, and sighed. His chest was hurting from all the yelling and shoving. "Plus...it's nearly 10 pm. We should get in bed. If Kermit's not back by morning, we can go then, does that sound like a good idea?"

Everyone agreed, with a few grumbling and fussing. Then after a few minutes of shoving up the stairs, and a few fights over the bathroom, everyone went to bed for the night.

Except Scooter. He was sitting in the windowseat in his room. When he had seen that Shadow...it was like the flood gates opened, he remembered the fight completely now.

-------------

"What are you!? And why have you come to bother me, Jerry!?" Uncle Deadly snarled at Scooter, who was still pinned against the wall, he could feel Deadly's claws coming through his yellow shirt now.

"I've told you, I'm not Jerry!!" Scooter's glasses were threatening to fall off now. And he was trying desperately to get away from him.

Deadly raised his free hand, and reared it back, blue lighting started to form at his palm. Scooter's expression turned from anger into fear. He could feel his heart racing, and he was trapped.

"You're trapped...just like Jerry was...." Deadly's voice changed suddenly, it was higher-pitched, and shrill... "Should I just FRY you? Fried gopher sounds nice!!"

"I'm not a gofer, I'm a human!!" Scooter yelled out, not really knowing what else to say. He couldnt' move, and he had lighting just inches away from his face.

"Oh well!" Deadly picked Scooter up, and flung him across the hall, into the boiler room. Scooter picked himself up, and he saw this black thing, it looked like ink seeping out of Uncle Deadly. It flew across the hall, and onto Scooter. It ripped at his clothing, and flung his jacket into the charcoal furnace.

"You've gotten too close to him, gofer...you should stay away from Uncle Deadly, or you'll get what's coming to you...." It reared it's black clawed hand above Scooter's chest.

He thought he was surely dead now.

"Child! Leave him be, he has done no harm!!" A soft, yet booming voice echoed throughout the room. What Scooter could see, was simply a bright white light.

He thought he was dead now.

Then the shadow leapt off of him. He tried to stand...but he couldn't. Then he tried to sit up...but again, he couldn't. So he did what could only come to his mind. He passed out.

-------------

"Scooter, what are you doing still up?" Fozzie stood in the doorway of the room, in his bear pj's, holding an old teddy bear in his arms.

"What are you still doing with a teddy bear?" Scooter replied, not moving from the windowseat.

"Oh!" Fozzie tried to hide his teddy bear, but he stopped, and smiled at Scooter. "Come on Scooter, you yourself said it was late, so let's go to bed, okay? We can go back for Kermit tommorrow."

Scooter, stood up, then walked over to his bed, and sat down. Fozzie started to leave the room, then he turned back around, looking at Scooter. He looked exhausted, and very worried about something. He walked over to the gofer's bed, and handed Scooter his teddy bear.

"You might need it more then I do."

Scooter didn't say a word, but he smiled, as he watched Fozzie amble down the hall back to his room. Then he looked at the old, tattered teddy bear. He chuckled, and laid down on his bed, hugging the teddy bear, as he went to sleep.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<grin> Aw, teddy bear! <hugs teddy bear> Teddy bear! <huge grin> Teddy bears make everything better. Don't they just make you wanna smile? There's a reason I've got 29 of them, you know... Teddy bear! <hugs teddy bear>

But that was just the end of the chapter. Now then, about the rest of it! Oh my gosh good gollyness! What an emotional roller coaster... we've got Kermit and the shadow, which is just... <shiver> ooh, powerful! And then Life! Life, and hope, and all sorts of wonderful things! Uncle Deadly and Robin will be fine, which is so good and wonderful to hear, and Kermit will stay with them... <sigh> Everything feels wonderful. I mean, not quite wonderful yet, but you can feel the wonderful coming... And then we've got Scooter, and he remembers the fight. And the shivers are back. And then, well... Teddy bear! <hugs teddy bear> And we can feel the wonderful coming. ...You're not gonna pull the rug out from under our feet, are you? <braces self>

What a wonderful story!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So I said to him... What? There's more story? Oh, sorry, been chatting with this gentleman wearing the black hood and carrying this scythe around. Seems he only got away for the moment, he's still bound to serve those two kids named Billy and Mandy.
The line with Janice was a nice touch. Scooter helped fill in some gaps with the fight. And Life... Almost Fragglish...
Hope there's more to come.