Fan-Fic: Remembering The Good Times We Had

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh, thanks you guys! *huggies everyone reading her story*

Aw, to heck with it, I'll post even MORE now!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

The next morning came and went. Robin woke up, and Sweetums carried him back to the house, making sure he was alright. But...Uncle Deadly wouldn't wake up.

"Sheesh. I should go and see how Robin is doing...he's missed some school because of this...." The frog's feelings were being torn at the seams, he wanted to watch over Robin, be the careful protective Uncle...yet, this Uncle needed to be taken care of.

"Uncle Deadly?" Kermit softly shook the old dragon's shoulder, still a little worried about him. "Why won't you wake up, you old ghost??"

A soft light lit the room up once more. And in a puff of white smoke, Life stepped into the room. She silently walked beside Kermit and Uncle Deadly, then sat, indian-legged on the floor.

"Hello, Kermit. You are wanting to know why he won't wake up?"

He turned his head, towards Life, and he looked down. He didn't feel it right to look right into her face.

"What is the matter, Kermit? I am not like that shadow, you can talk to me. I will listen." She looked like a beautiful frog now, to Kermit. Her white robes where gathered around her body, as she smiled at Kermit. Her long white hair, flowed over her shoulders, and she grasped a slim olive branch in her hand.

"You...you're....I just can't...." He could not bear to look in her face.

She reaches out, and tilts his chin upwards, smiling softly. "It is alright Kermit. What is it you wish to know about your friend?"

"My....friend?"

"Why, yes. He has saved this theatre many times, without you even realizing it. Have you ever thought as to why their are no robberies, or vandalism to this theatre? Although the rest of the area is littered with it?"

"Well...no...I haven't..."

"And then....with your little nephew. He protected him from the Shadow in the little frog's time of need. So...what is it you wish to know, Kermit?"

Kermit took a deep breath, and he sat back, reflecting for a moment on what she told him. It was true. He had noticed it, but he had never made any comment. He looked her straight in the face, determined now.
"When will Uncle Deadly be alright? When will he wake up, Life? I want to know....Robin wants to know."

She stood up, and looked down at him, then over at Uncle Deadly. Her voice becomes deeper, as if echoing across time.

"The phantom of this theatre shall awaken when he meets his true soulmate. Only when those two are reunited, shall he awaken. But, frog. You must act quickly, for his soulmate is nearing the time of passing herself. If you do not find her....he shall be lost to Limbo, for all time."

Life nodded softly, and before Kermit could respond, she popped out in her white smoke and light.

-----------

Kermit lifted Uncle Deadly onto an old mattress they had backstage, and he folded his hands across his chest.

"Yeesh. Looks like he's dead." Kermit stopped for a second. "He is dead already." He just shook his head at that. Then he grabbed his coat, and his keys. He closed the door to Uncle Deadly's room, and left the theatre, thinking about what Life had said.

"....You must act quickly, for his soulmate is nearing
the time of passing
herself. If you do not find her....he shall be
lost to Limbo, for all time...."

He couldn't believe what he had heard. He kept replaying those words over and over in his head. Then he stopped in his tracks.

"Why should I save Deadly? He's been nothing but a thorn in our sides ever since we came into the theatre..."

He kept walking, thinking that. Then he remembered, just how much Robin enjoyed Uncle Deadly's company, how every Halloween Uncle Deadly would help the kids that always came to the theatre to dress up, and he would always say to them.

"I'm too old to go with you children...why don't you go with Fozzie instead? Or Kermit!"

Kermit smiled at those memories, the children would miss Uncle Deadly...if he were gone. By this time, he was at the house's door, and nearly every muppet that lived there was almost squashed against the windows. Kermit frowned for a second, then he laughed.

Then he remembered what he had to do. He's got to find that letter that Deadly had written before!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Ok, first of all, 7 chapters in one day is just amazing and if you keep that up you're awesome!!
Make that 11 chapters now! *blows smoke off of fingers, smiling sheepishly*

Prawnie said:
Second, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! You referenced me!! And it's a huge part of the story!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
Well I did just finish reading...somebody's....story about Death and stuff. I think it was your's, but honestly I've forgotten, all the stories blend into this huge melting pot of ideas and fuzzy memories for me. :smile:

Crackerness said:
Thrid, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! THIS STORY!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! THIS STORY!!!!!!! This is so unbelievably amazing Renee!!! AMAZING!!! Everything is so awesome!!! Uncle Deadly, Scooter, Robin, Gonzo!!! And most importantly, DEATH!!!!!!!! You brought Death into the story!!! And he is perfect!!! Oh my goodness, it's all so awesome!!!!!!! I must say that this is one of the best fan-fics I have read here on MC!! It is simply divine!! I cannot wait to see what happens next!!!! And I promise I'll be here every step of the way!!
Yes, thanks you so much!! Ooh, I feel so loved right now!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think you'll hold the record for most chapters posted in a day! WOW!!! I stepped away from the computer for a couple of hours and came back to find so much more AMAZING story! This is so awesome!!!! I'm going to need a teddy bear though, I wonder where Lisa is....anyway I wish I could go into detail, but anyway this story is truly great and you're amazing for writing so much in one day and having it be REALLY good.

Oh yeah, LOVE the classic Janice line. Funny stuff!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Holy mosquitoes, Renee, even MORE? You're AWESOME!!!!!!
I don't know what to say! Yeah, I'm totally awesome!!

*blows smoke off of fingers*

I'm honestly suprisied I can write/type this much in one day. Heck, the rate I'm going at I might just finish this story in 4 days. XD

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I think you'll hold the record for most chapters posted in a day! WOW!!! I stepped away from the computer for a couple of hours and came back to find so much more AMAZING story! This is so awesome!!!! I'm going to need a teddy bear though, I wonder where Lisa is....anyway I wish I could go into detail, but anyway this story is truly great and you're amazing for writing so much in one day and having it be REALLY good.

Oh yeah, LOVE the classic Janice line. Funny stuff!
Yeah, I felt I had to fit it in. XD That's why the "old joke" thing came up. XD Also, it helps that my typing speed is about 86 wpm (words per minute) and that I'm just really making it up as I go along. You know what all this came from??
"I wonder what Uncle Deadly's wife would be like?"

And all this came from that thought. Amazing huh? :excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I totally understand how that goes! Most of the fan fics I wrote (all 2 1/2 of them) started the same way. I wonder if Rowlf has a family? What would happen if Bert and Ernie had a huge fight? What if Grover went to Hollywood? A simple question can start you on the biggest tangent and the next thing you know, you've got a story! I'm glad you had that thought Renee because you are producing one of the best stories I've read in awhile from it! Keep it up!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twelve

Robin was sitting at his little desk, in his room. Doing his math homework. Or rather, trying to do it.

"So, if x=94, what is 97 + 54x - 9 - 234 + 87% of 234? I'm only 5 years old, and they expect me to do this?? They're crazy!"

Kermit knocked on his door, and waited for Robin.

"Door's open, Uncle Kermit! You can come in!!"

"Oh good, Robin. I...need to talk to you for a moment."
"About what, Uncle Kermit?"
"It's Uncle Deadly. That letter...he wrote. Do you know where it is?"

Robin didn't answer, but he shuffled some papers on his desk, and pulled out the crumpled parchment roll. He handed it to Kermit.

"I tried to read it, but I didn't understand what he meant in it. Do you know what it means, Uncle Kermit?"
"Yes, I do Robin. I'll be back in a little while, okay? I just wanted to read something from this letter."

He handed the letter back to Robin, and he left his room. Walking down the hall, he wondered how he could find Eleanor.

---------

"No I'm not Eleanor! She's moved away. And I've never known anyone named 'Uncle Deadly', so just leave me alone, please!!" The person on the phone answered angrily to Kermit. Fozzie and Gonzo sat beside him, each with a phone book in their laps.

"I'm...really sorry mam...sorry to have--*click!*---bothered you...what other numbers are on that list, Gonzo?" Kermit grumbled, setting down the phone reciever.

"My list is empty, Kermit. There arn't any other numbers that have 'Eleanor' as a first name." Gonzo shrugged his shoulders, looking over at Fozzie. "You got anymore numbers, Fozzie?"

"Well...we got one last one, Kermit. 555-0699. Try that. It says here her name is 'Eleanor Devonshire'. Maybe that will be the Eleanor we're looking for..."

Kermit scrunched his face, before he dialed the number. He heard the other end ringing, and it kept ringing for a few moments.

"Sheesh. I sure hope it is the right one. I'm getting tired of dealing with mean people."

The phone rang. Someone picked it up. A soft, feminaine voice; but with a familar tone to it answered.

"Hello there. For whom would you like to converse with?"

"Oh! Hi ho, this is Kermit the Frog. I'm calling for an old friend of mine, perhaps you might know him?"

"Well...what is this person's name, perhaps?"

"He's known now as Uncle Deadly. We don't really know his last name, I--" Kermit stopped speaking, as he heard the woman gasp, and heard the phone clanging. It sounded like she had dropped it.

"D-Deadly!? Deadly Devonshire!?"

"Like I said before, mam. We've never known his last name."

"Where is he now?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"I've seen much in my long life, sir. I'm sure you won't throw this old dragoness for a loop."

Kermit placed a hand over the phone for a second, and he turned to speak to the guys.

"I think she might be the one, guys! She's said her name is Eleanor, and she just told me 'I'm sure you won't throw this old dragoness for a loop.', she's gotta be the one Deadly spoke about in this letter of his!!"

Kermit scrambled to the phone's reciever once more, and he laughed softly.

"Sorry about that mam, had to talk to someone for a moment."

"Oh that's perfectly fine, Frog. But what we were speaking about, before. Where is he?"

"He's...uh...stuck, at The Muppet Theatre."

"Stuck?"

"Yes....he died at the theatre, and he's a phantom...a ghost you know? And he haunts that place, and has been haunting it for sometime now."

Kermit hears a silence at the end of the line, then the soft voice, has become a bit deeper, more happy, one would seem.

"Is the theatre still standing where it was so many years ago?"

"Yes, it is."

"I shall be there in three days, Frog." And with that, she put the phone down.

Kermit looked at Gonzo, then at Fozzie. His disbelief was clearly visiable on his face.

"I think we found Deadly's wife, guys." He gulps softly. "And she's coming here in three days."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
For anyone who might have read that post before...and thought that.

Scrap it. I can't sleep.

Sooo...MORE STORY....

Fingers: No! No Renee!!
Renee: Yes, you shall keep typing the glorious words for my friends!!
Fingers: Then give us icy hot.
Renee: Alright.

....Kidding, my hands don't hurt yet. XD