FanFic: A Grand Adventure In Life!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

The DeLoeran was completely fixed a week later. Beauregard had helped personally on reattaching the parts once more to the car. Doc looked over the car once more, nitpicking all over it.

"Hmm....I guess this would work just as well as before!" He turned to Beaker and Bunsen, and he smiled widely. "Thanks so much for helping us with this! It was the utmost importance that we get the car operative again."

"Mee mo meep mee!" Beaker exclaimed looking at Doc Brown a little oddly.

"Ah, yes, Beaker. You were a fine help, it was so gracious of you to do the experiments personally!" Emmett laughed a bit, as he climbed into the driver's seat of the car. Marty followed him, and sat down. The two kept the doors open, while they looked around the yard for a moment.

"We can't just leave them Doc. They've helped us so much! We need to do something for them..." Marty looked back at Kermit who was smiling, a little too knowingly. He knew that Kermit knew what that was, but Doc didn't realize it one bit. It was great that he didn't catch on at all.

"What can we do for them, other then what we're going to do for them in the future, Marty! We're going to be saving that theatre for them...I'm not even sure why I let you convince me into doing this." He shook his head, as he started to close the door.

Marty leaned over and grabbed Doc's shoulder and looked him straight in his eyes. "You had promised him." He said quite simply.

Doc looked away, frowning softly. He closed the door completely. "Yes...I did promise him, Marty. And we're keeping that promise by helping them."

Everyone waved them off as they drove down the street. A few minutes later as the rest of them were slowly filtering back into the house, it ended up only being Sadie and Kermit standing out on the lawn in the early morning light.

"Do you think they'll be able to help?" She asked, as she pulled her robe a little closer to herself, the wind was picking up. She saw the bright blue blast of light in the sky, and she smiled.

Kermit saw the streak of light against the pale blue sky, as the sun was finally peaking out from the thick cloudy sky. "I really hope so Sadie. I really hope so..."

--------------

In an instant the DeLorean streaked onto Hunt Avenue with a horrendous blast of cold frigid air, and the boom could be heard reverbrating throughout Hensonville. Luckily they thought it was a jet engine or something.

"We're here Doc....the year 2027...." Marty stepped out from the car, and glanced around. It looked absolutely the same to him. "Are you totally sure where in the right time?"

"Yes, perfectly right, Marty! The time display has never been wrong before." He turned off the car, and stepped out of it, closing the door, and then locking it.

They were about 10 feet or so down the street from the boarding house. It looked the same at first look, but on closer inspection, you could see the paint was peeling very badly, and the roof had some shingles missing. It looked like it wasn't taken care of very well. The door opened slowly, and they saw an older man in an old brown robe walk outside. He had quite a spring in his step, as he whistled some odd tune. He stopped and looked underneath the bus for a moment.

"Hey Janice! You're still out here fixing that old bus?" The man asked, laughing softly. He ran a hand over his head, smoothing his hair back.

"Like...this bus has rully shot it's engine too many times...we need to just break down and buy a new one.." She slid out from underneath the bus, her long blond hair pulled back in a bun. They could see some grease marks on her face, as she rubbed her hands on an old rag. "You keep doing that, you'll lose more hair ya know, old man!"

She laughed a bit, as she started to peel off the old mechanic's oversuit, as the man walked further down the small walkway, and went to pick up the mail. From their vantage point, Doc and Marty they couldn't see the mans' face, until he turned around.

"Bill, bill, bill....man we've gotta find this guys' address. Ooh...the bill for the theatre's insurance...." He frowned, flipping it over and opening it. His eyes got wider, as he fell to his knees on the ground, staring at the letter. "T-They....they're going to revoke our insurance....that means we can't do anymore shows...."

Doc was silent, as was Marty. They knew that man, but he looked drastically different then when they saw him last. Grayed hair, with a receding hairline; it looked more from stress then old age actually. Because his face and body was very youthful looking. He stared at the letter, then he went running into the house, holding the letter above his head, like it was torch of some kind.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eight

Marty dashed out from the bushes, and he started walking more calmly towards the house. He merely sat down on the steps, and watched. The door was still open inside.

"Hey, is that a letter from Dad, Uncle Scooter? Is it? Is it? Is it??" A young muppet asked, while a good many children muppets were clamoring around him.

"No, no it isn't...please let me get through Kevin..."He gently shooed them away walking farther into the house, to the kitchen.

He saw Kermit sitting on a stool trying to fix the blender, with Piggy sitting beside him, a manual in her hands. Her hair was pulled back away from her face, and she didn't seem to have much makeup on, but she was still as beautiful as ever.

"Kermie...I don't think that goes there...that screw goes right there." She pointed out to him, and he looked a little closer at it. He smiled, and started to close up the blender finally. "Scooter? What's the matter? You look like you've seen death again!"

Scooter just shoved the letter under Piggy's nose, and she picked it up, and read it quickly. She looked up at him, her mouth open to speak but nothing came out.

"What could it be, Piggy?" Kermit got the letter then, and he gasped. "We can't lose our insurance! We'll lose the theatre then!"

-------------

Doc Brown had slipped into the house, and no one really paid attention to him at all, as he walked nearer to the kitchen. He stopped and watched them, wondering just how losing insurance to that theatre could be so devestaing to them. He felt a soft hand tap his shoulder. Turning around, he met a familiar sight.

"Hello, Emmett. It's been a very long time since I've seen you around here. You haven't changed a bit. Now...I hate to repeat history, but what are you doing in this house!?" Sadie glared up at him, her hair almost completely whitened now, she was ready to deck him if he wasn't here on friendly terms.

"Uh...Ms. Grosse...a pleasure to meet you....again...I'm quite suprised you remembered me." He was flabbergasted. They had always had this set of rules for time-traveling, but apperently with these people...it just went flying out of the window with no regard. They must've had the best memories of all time.

Scooter heard Doc's voice, and he turned around, smiling. Kermit smiled as well, it had worked. Their plan had worked effiecently. All on smooth-sailing course.

Doc was about to protest something, but he just decided; to heck with it all. To his scientical mind these things weren't real, so what did continuty matter to them? They had for the longest time seemed immortal to him, in his diminsion. He was about to speak, when he saw Scooter, as an older man. He was perhaps in his middle-40's, Doc thought. Because his hair was a deep sooty gray, but only because of stress it seemed.

For a fleeting moment, a memory flashed across his mind. It was of his one-time stint as an assistant to the prop builders for The Muppet Show. That first man that he met...he couldnt' remember his name, for the life of him, he couldn't remember it.

But that puppet that he did...it now looked remarkably like his original performer....it was a worrying thought that crossed his mind.

"Perhaps this is all...real?" He thought, as he stood there. He listened to Scooter explain about the theatre, and what should be done about it, and how he and Marty could help them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, my mom and sister have the same deal with their names...

Now as for these last two chapters...
Well written... The story's coming along nicely.
Heh, Sadie still hasn't forgotten her grudge against Doc Brown's intrusion from last time.
Janice working on the bus, nice touches... Scooter almost resembling his performer...

The "Bill" gag, ah those things never die.

Keep it up, we're ready for more.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Nine

"Um...Doctor Brown?" Scooter asked, as Doc stood there, comtemplating what he had told him. He looked deep in thought.

"This...this is what you wrote a letter for!?!" He got right in Scooter's face, almost pushing him up against the counter, the insurance letter fell from his hand and fluttered down onto the floor. "This is the big thing? Having no insurance!?"

He cocked an eyebrow, and glared at Scooter hard. He couldnt' believe it, they were talking about their children doing all these horrible things from what was implicated in the letter, and that the theatre was in extreme disrepair, and so many other things. And...they just wouldn't have insurance anymore. This was astonishing...

"Great scott man! That's hardly nothing! Just get a new policy, that should help, we've done our job here, now we must take our leave now...." He turned around, only to be met with Skeeter, Marty, and a small pig and frog.

"You've gotta help our parents, Doctor Brown!!" The small female frog pleaded, as she walked up to him. The small male pig walked up beside her, and held onto her hand, looking up at him.

"Si vous plait... pour nous, Monsieur Emmett?" The little boy pig asked, in such an infantile voice, still holding onto the small girl's hand. She looked up at him, and grabbed his pants leg.

"Yeah...yeah, for us, Mister Emmett! Please...they...they can't lose the theatre!" She said to him, while Miss Piggy stood up and walked over to the two children, and she kneeled down to their level.

"Come on now, children." She saw both of them still in towels, and the little girl was absoutely slippery. "You should be getting a bath now. Where's Aunt Skeeter?"

Skeeter laughed, and raised her hand. Her entire front was soaked now wth soapy water, as well as her hair. "She heard the blast and the car down the street. She went hopping around to get out, so I figured just get them into towels, and we'll see what it was. So, kids. We've seen what it is, it's just Doc Brown, so let's get back up those stairs and into the tub!"

Skeeter ushered the two small kids back up the stairs, and back into the bathroom again, closing the door behind her. Scooter laughed, watching that; he turned around and looked at Doc Brown from top to bottom.

"You can't deny them you know. As you may have realized from them, we'll lose the theatre completely without insurance. Not just the insurance itself. It's the only reason we've got it now. The money has been tight, and a lot of us have finally started to have families now. So it's more then just a lot of friends who make a vairity show."

"It's a whole extended family, Emmett." He smiled a bit proudly, nodding.

"Were..those children your's?"

Kermit nodded, and set the blender to the side of the counter. He walked over to a small locked cabinet and pulled out a folder of papers and set them out on the island countertop.

"This is our deed. It runs out in 3 weeks. Scooter owns it now, so he can just get it renewed. But Hensonville's courts have mandated that we must keep the insurance to keep the theatre up and running. You may not realize this, but we also are housing two phantoms, so they would be lost to..." He looked to the side, trying to remember what they called it. "I guess just lost souls. We can't let them down, and we need to keep our theatre."

Doc Brown calmed down, and grabbed a stool, and sat down, starting to look over the papers. "Why don't you just protest them? Make it safer? Get a new policy or something, that sounds good."

Kermit shook his head, and Emmett sighed. "Great scott....What is it then?? What is causing you too lose your insurance on the place, and that you don't feel like protesting them!?"

The room fell somewhat silent, and Piggy coughed softly, as she pulled out something underneath all the papers, and she handed it to him. It was a clipping out of the newspaper. A whole sheet actually.

"Amazing Daredevil Dies In Mistimed Accident"

That was all Emmett had to see to realize what had happened to them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man... Whatever you do, don't let Ryan read that last bit. Guess Nancy really did help him out after all by saying how safe something was for a new act.

Oh man... Hope they can save the theater.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...aw heck it might just tie in with my other stories. But I'm not sure. If it gets done before I send them off to the printers, I might just include it as an add-on. XD

Yeah....I wonder what his reaction will be? I was racking my mind as to what could have happened, because although they are older, they haven't lost their spunk, and in reality (or their's specifically) they don't really look all that older, except for Scooter, and Sadie, and I think Rowlf might have some few gray hairs or something like that. Ya know? They're older, but you kinda have to look for it.

But I just thought it was haralious on some level...cause I've been wrangling many pictures of Richard Hunt lately, and I noticed even in his (probably) early 30's or so, he had a HEAD FULL of sooty dark gray hair. My friend's mother's hair is pure white, but she's only 48. :big_grin: Like...white as the snow white, and that got me thinking some more.

Why not tie it all together with a common thread/bond? :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just read the last three chapters and WOW!!!!

This part gave me chills:
"Amazing Daredevil Dies In Mistimed Accident"
Great writing going on and once again, it's another suspensful story from you! I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating more!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
More tommorrow. On the piece of crap computer!

Oh by the way, cause you guys look at this more often then not on other threads.

I have made a letter up, and I was planning to send it forward to the Jim Henson Company.

Although he's gone, I would love to try to get a very beautiful picture of Scooter. Perhaps signed, if someone did it ya know?

I've got the letter and everything, and it's printed out from the computer, which I'll later hand-write myself.

The problem is:

I can't find an address!! Everything looks like it's so old and everything! Or would the address wherever it is be accurate around here?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Dear Jim Henson Company,

My name is Sara Elisabeth Vines. I'm a huge fan of the muppets. Just to get this out of the way, I would adore to have a picture of Scooter!

That out of the way, I feel I'd like to share with you something. I've always been a great fan of you guys, especially Scooter, and Kermit. You have inspired me to be creative in everyway possible, and to enjoy life as it comes. Not to take everything so seriously! Jim's words of wisdom always give me inspiriation, and I still cry at the end of The Muppet Movie.

This is probably a very touchy subject, but...I know Richard Hunt died sadly, of complications of the AIDS virus. I myself have a disease almost on that level. It is not AIDS, but it is called Hepitius C Virus. For the past year I have been taking shots and pills and doing blood tests every month. Usually people who undergo this treatment become very depressed, almost to the point of suicide.

Although you did not know it, you were all my support. You kept me laughing when I felt sad. I never got depressed! I never felt down and out. I felt crummy, that could not be avoided, but I had never felt so happy in my life. I knew, that I should treasure everyday as it comes. And Richard himself, although he has passed away, he was my driving force. Whenever I felt like quitting the treatment, just say to heck with it and quit. I was reminded of Richard. It wasn't anything that he did, or what he said. But just...him. I knew he would want me to keep going, to get better. To beat virus this hands-down.

I'm sorry if I've said something that could be seen as out of line, or as crude. I just felt like sharing this story with you. It was so inspiring to myself, and to know that your work is not only entertaining, but it is life-changing.

Included with this letter is a copy of a set of stories that I have written. I hope you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schudles to read my letter.

Many Sincere Regards,

Sara Elisabeth Vines

That's my letter. I would be hand-writing it, and include with it a copy of my book. (I figured one would be enough. XD Mom thought four was absoutely overkill.) So yeah...what do you guys think?