FanFic: A Grand Adventure In Life!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's wonderful! I think it's heartfelt and I can't imagine someone over there reading it and just ignoring it. Just make sure you double check your spelling, I noticed you spelled the word "schedules" wrong. But, that's just me being nitpicky. Anyway, I think handwriting it is a nice personal touch. It's really great. Good luck!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That vas a vonderful letter Sara...

Suggestions...
Inspiration needs correcting.
Should be "this virus" instead of "virus this".
Hepatitis needs correcting.
Other than that, I'd agree in sending just one letter... To the Jim Henson Company with their address on the envelope. Then again, you might want to ask Fozzie Bear the moderator, since it might be better to send the copy to the company to the Muppet Holding Company instead.

Hope this helps, and I wish you success.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks guys. :smile: I just want to tell them all how much I hold them close to my heart, not just as enterianters, but as...well, inspiration!

Yeah, if you've probably noticed (or not) I sometimes have trouble with spelling certain words. Not to sound uppity, but I speak an enormous amount of large words. More then I can spell. So I tend to have trouble sometimes. And as Notepad/Wordpad dosn't have spellcheck, I'm at the mercy of my mind when it comes to spelling.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Chuckles. That's OK Renee... Used to it from a couple of other people, s'okay here too. Just make sure you check it before printing and it'll be OK. Heck, even the best of us sometimes make mistakes. So hope you're doing well and looking forward to more story soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Ten

Doc sat there, holding the newspaper clipping in his hands. He re-read it carefully, shaking his head.

"Amazing Daredevil Dies in Mistimed Accident"

October 12, 2026 - Head Reporter S.V. Grosse

The Great Gonzo, known to his friends as just Gonzo, died during his act while attempting to shoot himself out of a cannon while playing the trombone, and tapdancing while in mid-air flight. The cannon, instead of firing like normal, it backfired and exploded onstage. The only other casuality was Robin the Frog, who was holding the lit sparkler to light said cannon. They are both being held in the Hensonville Funeral Home until October 20, when they will be transferred to Rainbow Memories Cemetary.

The funeral and burial are private, friends only.

The Great Gonzo was surivied by his wife, the chicken Camilla. Robin the Frog was survived by his Uncle Kermit, Aunt Piggy, cousins Jane and James; as well as innumerable frogs that live in a swamp down the highway from Leland, Mississippi.

"I can't believe that...that happened, Kermit. That's why they'll shut it down.." He re-read it once more, before setting down the newspaper clipping on the table.

Scooter looked down for a moment, then he gathered up all the papers, leaving out the deed. "I guess I'll go and try to figure out how to get this renewed, and see what I can get from the courts to allow us to do."

Doc reached out, and he tapped Scooter's shoulder. He turned to Doc, and looked at him, Doc could tell he looked exhausted, but he never let that come through. "Why is it so hard? Did they do something to you fine people?"

Scooter nodded, as he set the papers back into the small cabinet; locking it behind him. "Yeah, they did. They declared our show unfit and unsafe. We've had so many explosions, it's been on fire three different times now. We're housing phantoms in the rafters, and monsters in the basement. They described it a living hellhole. If we ever lost our insurance, they'd tear it to the ground."

Piggy huffed loudly, setting some dishes in the sink, she was trying to get her mind off of the funeral services that she was remembering. "They'd wanted it for years, they want to put a mall there. So they are just itching to get their corporate claws into that theatre. They're also aiming to buy out Three Candles as well!"

She kept scrubbing the dishes, getting more and more angry with the thought of it. "I mean...where will the kids go to get books? To do plays!? Those three ladies are so sweet and all, for christ's sake I think they die if the libary went under!" She slammed a dish into the soapy water, and slipped her yellow gloves off. Walking out of the kitchen without looking at any of the men.

They watched as she grabbed a small book from the table gently, and carry it in her arms, while walking up the stairs. They heard two small children yelling in happiness as a door was opened. Kermit smiled, then he turned his attention back to Emmett.

"They won't listen to us, Emmett. They've started to get prejudiced towards us muppets, and they simply won't listen to us anymore. You must be our voice. Or we'll lose more then just our theatre. They're aiming for most of downtown Hensonville, and we're the first one on the list. A friend of ours, Sara; she's that reporter that wrote the obituary..She had gone undercover as a secretary for them for sometime. She found out they are planning to use propoganda to convince the rest of the town that we sold out, so they would sell out to. We're up against a coperation here, and we can't do it alone."

"But what about Sara, Kermit? Can't she just help you now? Isn't she human as well?" Marty asked, curiously reading the article now.

Kermit shook his head. "She was jailed for that. Although she didn't do anything wrong, they jailed her under the pretenses that she was a spy amongst their ranks."

Marty raised an eyebrow, gently folding up the article and set it back down. "But wasn't she a spy to begin with?"

"Yes, but for good things; for the town of Hensonville. They claimed she was a spy from another country. That she was a terrorist of some sort. She's been in jail for the past 3 months now." Kermit frowned, and he watched as Scooter walked out of the room without a word.

"Mind if I?" Doc asked to Kermit, pointing back to Scooter who was now standing out on the porch, just looking out at something. One probably thought it was just the bus or the lawn.

Kermit nodded. "Go ahead, I'll talk to Marty some more then."

Marty replied. "Yeah, I'm wondering about a few things, Kermit..."

---------------

Emmett sauntered slowly out to the porch, and he leaned against the railing beside Scooter, but he wasn't facing him. Instead of looking out over the lawn, he was looking up the street, towards where the DeLoeran was hidden. He sighed softly, thinking about what they would do.

"Just so you know, that was my wife, eariler.." Scooter said quite plainly, still looking out over the lawn.

"Your wife? The pig?" He asked, curious.

Scooter laughed softly, smiling. "No, not Miss Piggy. Sara. She was my wife. She was really out there sometimes, and she was the one who decided to inflitrate those peoples headquarters and try to get some information from them."

"Wasn't she human though?" He looked back over at Scooter, who was slowly twirling a thin gold ring on his hand, staring out over the grass still.

"Hmm? Yeah, she was. It didn't really matter to us though. I mean, although I'm considered a muppet, I'm human as well."

"Just a human representation I would assume? That's quite odd.."

He laughed a little bit, and looked over at Doc. "Yeah, I don't know why we are, but we just are. I'm considered human, although I'm not really human, more like...a 'humanoid' so I've been called. Reminds me of some of junk Sara loved to watch. Those really old sci-fi movies, like 'It Came From the DEEP.' Silly half-made movies."

"Do you two have any children?"

Scooter stopped twirling the ring, and he smiled. "No, not yet. We're...not really planning on having children anyways. We've got enough to deal with in extended family around here. Figured everyone else's kids will make up for it."

Doc merely nodded, and the two watched the sun peek through the cloudy day once more. It seemed to smile upon them, revealing that it was a bright, happy day after all.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I admit, it is somewhat self-inseration, but I hate to reuse characters, and I couldn't think of anything else. (Plus the thought of Scooter as my husband is AWESOME!) So yeah. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I admit, it is somewhat self-inseration, but I hate to reuse characters, and I couldn't think of anything else. (Plus the thought of Scooter as my husband is AWESOME!) So yeah. :wink:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT SARA.:smile:
It really appeals to my sense of humour. An excellent touch.:big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh wow, poor Gonzo, poor Robin! It can't be so! I couldn't help but chuckle though when I read what act Gonzo was performing. Nice touch. And hey, it's awesome that you put yourself in the story! I did that once too in my story about Rowlf. Lisa's done it, Ryan's done it. You're the author, it's only fair. And I think it's awesome that you have yourself married to Scooter! It's really cute. Ok, anyway, great chapter, can't wait for more!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

She hated it. It smelled like unwashed women and booze, the scent of cigarettes fouled everything around her. She knew she smelled like an ashtray too.

Curling up on the couch, she started to re-read her stories that she wrote. They were little comfort to her lately. He had forgotten to visit this week, she wondered how he and everybody else was doing..

"BOOKIE WATCH OUT!!!" A woman yelled, as she ducked her head calmly. A knife whizzed past her head, and was driven nearly 2 inches into the wall right where her head was a moment before.

She reached up and pulled it out, flinging it to the floor, it stuck fast into the floor then.

"Heh, I thought your knife was taken away, Bets." She flipped a page, then curled the corner down, keeping her place. Sitting on the couch now, she smiled at the large brutish lady who came over and picked up the knife, hiding it in her bra once more.

"Yeah, well, check it out!" She flicked the knife out again and revealed it to 'bookie'. It was a sharpened heated plastic spoon end. Someone had a cigarette light and apperently molded it quite well. It was stuck on the end of a scrap piece of wood.

"Great job I guess." She set her book down, and sighed.

"Your hubby forget to come again?" Bets asked, as she pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, before sitting down beside 'bookie'. "Sad shame. My h ubby forgot 4 years, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. But your man, you said he works in the show biz?"

"Yeah. He's the head planner for the Muppet Show."

She smirked. "Kermit the Frog? I thought that pig had him."

'Bookie' laughed a bit. "No, Betsy. Scooter he's my husband. People still think he's the gofer. Well, he still is to some degree, but he also plans nearly everything with executive input from Kermit. We don't have children, but Kermit does, so Scoot's pretty much taken over much of what Kermit does. He just isn't really the one in the spotlight that much."

"Ah, that makes sense. You wanna go and shoot some pool or something before we go back, Sara?"

Sara shook her head, and sat back on the couch picking up her book again. She adjusted her glasses, and pulled her long red hair back into a ponytail again; then she started reading her stories again, with a small pencil in her hand correcting her works. It was something to do at least.

------------

Scooter was trying to work out something backstage, when Skeeter came over to him and tapped him on his shoulder.

"Not now, Skeeter. I've got to get this lighting rig fixed and workable. It keeps breaking and we just need to get a new one I'm betting."

She kept poking him, an angry look on her face. "Scooter...you need to look at this now."

"I need to look at what, sis!?" He asked a bit angry.

She held up a wall calendar to him. Each other Thursday on the calendar had a date circled on it. Skeeter knew he had missed going there for a month. He didn't mean to, but still she worried for Sara's well-being.

"....Oh my god. Sara's gonna kill me I just know it. I really didnt' mean to miss..."

She just huffed softly, and set the calendar. "Just go see her tommorrow. She should understand. I mean she worked here for nearly a year before you two got married, so she knows how it is around here. I just personally don't think you should have forgotten her like that..."

Skeeter left the backstage area, leaving Scooter with the lighting rig and his thoughts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Robin? Nooo!
The Three Candles? Nooooooooo!

Oh, and don't worry about reusing the characters, makes for an easier flow past the passage of time from the present that's past now to the future that's present now. (If that made any sense).
And don't worry about being married to Scooter in this story, MrsPepper's married to Floyd over in the T*K*O* scripts.

This chapter was rully nice and helped develop the story further. Rainbow Memories Funeral Home? One more piece of landmark for Hensonville.
Hope for more story soon.

BTW: Beth, where's your story of Rowlf?