FanFic: Forgotten Wishes

Smiles

Reaction score
I love it! and you know what? I don't really know what else to say but I love it, and I especially love how in the prologue you assume that the reader thought all the preperation was for the wedding, cause I really DID think that!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Tingly spines? Then you should straighten them quick before they freeze that way!
Kidding aside... Wonderfully chilling chapter... And the mood of the piece is well within your realm of description.

But who's out that Robin would stay up this late for? He only stays up that late when someone hasn't gotten back to the theater or the boarding house... Lisa, you should teach that frog to get to sleep on time, or his dad will kill you.
Look forward to more.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Lisa, you should teach that frog to get to sleep on time, or his dad will kill you.
His dad? Personally, I'm more worried about his uncle! He's closer and more over-protective than his dad, I think. <shifty eyes> Um... Come on, Robin, off to bed with you... <cough>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Yes, his dad... After all, it's Robin's dad that even Kermit's afraid of, isn't it? Although Kermit seems to have some repore with Jimmy, since that's how he got Robin to sing that cute little song in the Bernadette Peters episode.
Oh... You might want a glass of milk for that cough of yours.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

Scooter was asleep in Sara's lap, and Robin in his. The entire theatre was dark, with a slim beam of the morning's sunlight peeking through a window high above them. The light shone gently through the backstage area, it was soft, and made the place seem heavenly almost. They were angels, napping in the early sunlight, of a beautiful new morn.

Deadly, on the other hand; sat in the waning darkness, his hands clasped tightly together. He watched them closely, and he wondered why they stayed so long after everyone else had gone home. Also why Kermit wasn't bursting into the theatre, to find out where his nephew was. His gaze shifted from them, to the theatres door, which was opening quickly with a slam. He stood up, and watched as most of the muppets spilled into the theatre, quickly going down the aisles. Kermit was at the head of them.

"ROBIN!" He yelled, anger evident on his face. Piggy, for once in her life, was trying to calm him down, so he would stop yelling.

"Oh, Kermie. Because he's here, he's safe, and you know it!" She said, halfway pleading, halfway threatening him to stop. "Please, stop shouting!"

"I can't BELIEVE Robin left in the middle of the night, without even telling me Piggy! He's only 5 years old!" Kermit was fuming then, as he was striding into the backstage area, he was about to yell, when he saw the portrait that lay in front of him.

Robin was curled up, nestled in Sara's chest, and Sara had been laying in Scooter's lap, although now he was laying beside Sara, instead of sitting up. All of them were still asleep, and Fozzie smiled when he saw the Scooter had his arms around Sara, protecting her, and that Sara had a hand gently on Robin, protecting him. Kermit's anger dissapated when he saw that they were trying to be safe, and he even smiled when he saw Deadly, watching over them.

"Thanks, Uncle Deadly." Kermit said softly. Deadly frowned, and started to walk back towards his room. "Deadly? Where are you going?"

"Back to my room, frog. Too much...kindness to deal with. I perfer the darkness to this anyways." He said, frowning still quite deeply.

Robin was beside Sara, curled up on her shoulder, snoozing softly. Fozzie reached forward and tried to pat Scooter awake, and he just mumbled and turned over, and ended up with his nose between Sara's breasts. Clifford started snickering a little bit, and Fozzie just blushed seeing that.

"Scooter!!" He said urgently, patting Scooter once more on the back, while pulling him away from Sara. He didn't realize this, he thought Sara was his pillow, and he did not want to get up for anything.

Sara felt hot breath against her, and she softly opened her eyes, and looked down. She knew Robin had fallen asleep at her chest, but when she saw the shock of red dreaded hair, she instantly went red in the cheeks.

"Oh my..." She whispered, her face hot and red then. She shifted a little, causing Scooter's head to slowly go from between her chest, to the floor itself. He woke then, and looked over, and he noticed Sara's face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, still quite sleepy.

"I can't believe you..." Sara said with a smirk. "You...your face was..." She stammered, her cheeks getting more hot, and her face became flushed. "Robin was here with us, and you had your face here!" Sara was finally able to get out, and she placed her hand where his face had been only moments before. He instantly went a deep shade of red too. Robin woke up, and quietly walked over to his Uncle, watching them with a small smile on his face.

"I...I'm sorry!" Scooter looked to be out of breath just then. "Wow..um...I guess I thought...you were my...pillow." He said with an incredelous look on his face. Clifford was on his butt, screaming with laughter, Pepe and Rizzo were right beside him roaring loudly, the sound was almost deafening.

"Yeah, she was definately yo' pillow man!!" Clifford yelled out, between fits of his rolling laughter. Scooter looked away from his friends, his face wasn't even orange anymore, it was nearly completely red, from his eyes to his chin. He was blushing SO hard, he looked like he was going to pass out almost.

"Scooter...it isn't that bad." Sara said softly, then she blinked a couple of times, and put on her own glasses, her eyes flew open, seeing just how red he was, and that he looked to be having a bit of trouble. Without another word, she reached forward, and unbuttoned his jacket taking it off of him. She then started to pull his shirt off as well, working quickly and efficently.

"Woah, woah, woah! We got kids in here, ya know!!" Rizzo interjected, running up between the two. Sara didn't look at him, as she even started to quickly undo Scooter's belt just a little bit, so he could breathe easier.

"Move it rat, or you're going to be across the room. He's having trouble breathing and he's overheating for some reason. Someone get me a fan, NOW." Sara said, as she grabbed a magazine and started to wave it towards Scooter, making a gentle breeze. She looked at him, concern etching her face. "Sweetie, what's wrong? What's going on??"

"I...I don't know...I just....I can't breathe!!" He panted out, turning his head slightly, to try to get cooled off, and to get more air moving. He was hot to the touch, and was actually starting to sweat some now, he finally took a few deep breaths, and was calming down once more.

"Just take deep breaths, slow deep breaths. This has happened to Lisa once before....just slow, deep breaths." Sara was softly rubbing his shoulders as he was trying to take deep breaths like she said. Gonzo set the fan beside them, and turned it on; the cool breeze washing over them gently. Piggy brought over a small plastic tub with ice cold water, and a washcloth, she kneeled down and wrung out the washcloth, placing the icy cloth to his forehead.

"Does that help, Scooter?" Piggy asked softly, watching with a worried expression. "Has this ever happened before?"

Scooter couldn't answer, he was just trying to keep himself calmed down and trying to get cooled off. Sara frowned, and dipped her hand in the water. She took her wet, icy hand, and started to gently rub his shoulders again, keeping him cooled off.

"Ever since he got back from the swamps, he's been telling me that he's been out of breath every now and again. His chest has been hurting. Or he's said he felt like he was going to pass out." She gave him a gentle kiss, as he started to lean back across her, now trying to relax. "You okay honey?"

Scooter nodded, and closed his eyes for a moment. His breathing was finally regulated and he coughed a couple of times. "I've just not been...up to speed...I guess."

"Not up to speed?" Sara asked, looking down at him. She felt his bodily heat easily through her own shirt, he was still hot as blazes. But at least he had calmed down now, and was in the process of cooling off. She frowned softly, gently placing her hand square on his chest. "I could cook an egg on your chest, Scooter. You are that hot right now."

He looked down at himself, and he frowned softly. He smiled a little, and closed his eyes, still taking deep, slow breaths. At least he was getting better, so he thought.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Good gosh this is just so good! Both chapters were awesome, Scooter and Sara falling asleep with Robin, Uncle Deadly and the emotion he's experiencing, and poor Scooter, his health problems are beginning and it's just so....I can't even describe it! Great job sissy, keep it up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Definitely a gold mine you got going here Sara... From the funny of the scene with Scooter using you as a pillow... To the extreme of concern over his short-breathedness... Hope that go-fer of yours is all fright, and I hope another chapter will get added soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Five

"We should take you to the hospital, honey. Something isn't right with you." Sara said to Scooter, as they sat backstage, only a couple of hours after the incident in the early morning hours. "This is the second time it's happened since you came home." She whispered to him.

"I know. Something isn't right...but..." He whispered as well, looking down at his clipboard. He wasn't wearing his jacket, but was only in his yellow shirt now. One arm propped up on the counter, he rested his chin in his hand. The other hand was drumming softly on the desk, he was nervous. Sara gently placed her hand on his, and looked at him.

"But what?" She countered, making him look at her. "We're getting married after the show, right?"

"Well, yeah, we are." He said softly, finally looking her in the eyes.

Uncle Deadly watched from the hall, a soft smile across his face. He hated to admit it, but it was nice seeing something else then chaos and disorder in this theatre. He was jealous of their love, but it warmed his old cold heart so to see them like this.

"Let me tell you this: You're going to the hospital. I still want to get married to you." She said with a soft frown crossing her face. "And I can't very well marry a dead man, and you know that."

Scooter's train of thought stopped, he wondered why she would say something like this. Perhaps she was thinking as he was thinking. His thoughts were was he dying? Was he going to even live to see the Winter Splendor Show? And who was that man in black that tortured him. That last thought never left his mind for a moment.

"A...a dead man?" He finally stammered, looking her closely in the face. She was still frowning, and she looked down at his hands for a moment.

"Yes, a dead man. Cause that's what you'll be if you don't go to the hospital, to see what's going on with you!" Sara said, forcefully, glaring at him worried.

"I don't have the time, Sara. I'll be okay. Trust me, please." He said to her, giving her a kiss on the forehead, as he stood up to go and help Kermit with planning the show some more.

He left Sara sitting at the table, frowning. She looked down, and closed her eyes. She almost felt like crying just then. Her own fiancee wouldn't listen to her about the hospital. 'He must think he's a superhero or something...' Her mind painfully rung out towards herself. She felt a vibration in her pocket, it was her cell phone.

"Huh, it's Dad.." She mumbled, opening the cell phone and placing it to her ear. "Hi, Daddy. What's going on?"

"It's your mother, Sara." James stated, on the other end. He sounded worried, Sara thought.

"What about Mom? Is she okay?" Sara asked, starting to frown a little.

"You and your sisters need to get home, now." There was a pause at the end of the line, and she heard him sigh hard. "She's in the hospital."

Sara froze in place in the backstage. She closed her eyes, and tears were forming at her eyes now. "No...no....no..." She repeated a little bit, shaking her head.

"She had a heart attack...and..." Her father's voice seemed to melt away, as the tears started to flow down Sara's cheeks, hot and fast. She stumbled through the backstage area, and outside to the parking lot, in a fog. She couldn't tear herself away from the phone, but she instead walked to her car, and sat down in the driver's seat, her feet still on the pavement.

"...she might not wake up from it." Her father, James finally quieted down, and there was a pause at the end of the line. "Sara? I need you to get Kim and Lisa and bring them to the hospital on Sesame Street. That's where we are now."

"O-Okay, Daddy....I...I will." Sara said through her tears. She wiped her face off, and frowned softly, sniffling. "How do you get to Sesame Street? I forgot...and...I don't think any of us should be driving anyways....I'll...I'll see if I can get someone to drive us there."

"That will be perfectly fine, sweetiepie. To get to Sesame Street, just take the main highway, until you hit exit 123, and then about 4 streets down, you'll see the green sign. You can't miss it. Stop by the Fix-It shop. I'll be waiting for you and your sisters, okay?" James said, a soft smile could be heard through his voice.

"Alright. We'll get there...as soon as possible. I...I actually think I might be able to drive maybe..." Sara said, as she got into her car and started it up, closing the door. "We'll be there soon. Love you Daddy, give Momma a kiss and hug for me."

"Right, sweetie. See ya soon." James said, ending the phone call.

Sara started up her car, and pulled out of the parking lot, making her way down the street to the bookstore. She was shaking her head the entire time. What could have happened to their mother? Why this? Why now? The questions dissolved away, when she pulled up and saw the lights were mostly off in the bookstore.

"Huh?" She asked herself, as she opened the door. "Kim!? Lisa?! Where are you guys??"

Kim turned around from behind the desk, and smiled softly when she saw her little sister standing there. Lisa came walking down from the upstairs, a book in her hand.

"Sis!" Lisa yelled, running towards her and giving Sara a huge hug. "How're you doing?" She saw Sara's expression, and her puffy eyes. "You've been crying....what's wrong?"

"It's Momma, Lisa." Sara said, sighing softly. Lisa gasped, and Kim grabbed her keys and her purse, walking out from behind the counter. "We need to go to the hospital, she...she's in a coma. She had a heart attack!" The tears fell freely once more, and Lisa gave her big sister a tight hug. Kim walked over and gave them both a hug as well.

"I'll drive Sara. You're in no condition to drive at all." Kim said, she was always the headstrong of the three. She grabbed a closed sign, and put it on the door, once they were outside, and she locked the bookstore. "Lisa, you call Ed and Beth, tell them what's happened, and see if they can watch over the bookstore. W-We need to get there as soon as possible, right Sara?"

"Yeah...I guess Dad called me, because I'm the only one of us that has a cellphone..." Sara mumbled, as she and Lisa climbed into the backseat of Kim's car.

"He probably tried us, but we keep the ringer turned off. Too many telemarketers." Kim stated, as she pulled out to the street. "Where do we go?"

"Sesame Street, Kim. Do you know how to get there?" Sara asked softly.

"Yep. We used to live there, until you were born, Sara. We moved because of Dad's job." Kim pulled the car out towards Sesame Street, and they were on their way.

"I just..hope we can make it in time, guys." Lisa said, frowning softly.

"Me too." Kim said, with steely determination.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now this is a chapter to applaud.

Me thinks Scooter's questions will be answered in time. But the pathos of your fanfictional mother's plight...
And now we know how to get to Sesame Street!
And it's so perfect that you'll be meeting at the Fix-It-Shop... The newly refurbished shop will hopefully make its debut in Season 37 this August, no joke.
And I'd be glad to watch over the library/bookstore... If Beth's not too busy or if you need me to do so.
Rully coming along great... Just post more when ready.

Smiles

Reaction score
Great chapter Sara,

And thank you, it's about time someone finally answered how to get to Sesame Street.