FanFic: Forgotten Wishes

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
You hate prequels, do you? For some, strange, peculiar and perverted reason, George Lucas seems to love them.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twelve

"Well, hello there Kermit." Nanny said softly, smiling. She sat in her chair at her house, as she sat her magazine to the side so she could focus on the converstation.

Kermit fiddled with his collar a little bit. He felt weird calling his Nanny, when he was a fullgrown frog and all. "I'm really worried."

"About what? Is it the show?"

"It is. We're trying to put on this Winter Splendor show, Nancy...and we haven't gotten the lighting right, or the scripts completed. Scooter and Sara bolted out from town, I mean, for good reason of course, but now we might very well not have anyone to do a duet with!"

"Kermit you need to calm down a bit. Jane was right when she had told me your a worrywart." She laughed softly. "It can't be that bad you know. Look at the positive things. You're not needing actors, right?"

"No, we've got enough people to do it. Missing the duet...but that might not be a problem if they get back within the next couple of days though."

"Okay then. The sets are done?"

"Yes, they are."

"Alright. Then, everyone is in good health, the theatre is clean, and you've got the music, sheet and otherwise?"

"That's all fine Nanny! I...I'm just so worried....that it'll be a flop. We're already somewhat in debt now, and J.P. is breathing down our necks with every passing day. He's keeps on threatening us to pay him. He wants that theatre to be paid off as soon as possible. Scooter's told me that his uncle's told him that he's done business with some odd man, who really wants that place paid off, and quickly."

"I see. Just don't you worry about that theatre, Kermit. I'm sure you and it will be perfectly fine!"

"Thanks Nancy...tomorrow I guess?"

"Tomorrow, Kermit. I'll talk to you again then. Bye sweetheart."

"Bye, Nanny." Kermit shut the phone off, after a few seconds of silence on the other end. He stayed seated on the floor, and he curled up a little bit, frowning. Nanny was his rock, so he thought. Everyone wondered, who did he go to, when he worried? Although he never said it, it was her. Standing up, he set the phone back on it's cradle, and opened the door, a slight smile playing across his face.

It will work, and he knew it.

--------------------------

They were walking down the street, slowly; taking their time. Each of them had a suitcase in their hands, and a reluctancy in their hearts.

"I canna believe I'm leaving Sesame Street, girls." James said, as he took one last look down the main street. He still had to move his possessions, but his daughters were going to do that. They knew if he came back too soon, he would stay behind. Sesame Street wasn't a bad place at all...but they really wanted their father to stay with them.

"It's no different then when you left Ireland, Daddy." Lisa piped up, looking up at her gruff father.

"I guess you're right, Lisa. It was much harder to leave Eire behind. But I did it for your Mum. She missed Sesame Street, and Hensonville....so we moved here. She almost felt like...like moving back one day, but....I convinced her to stay here. Too much moving with you little'uns would have messed you up right. So we stayed." James said, looking towards the highway with a soft wistful expression.

"Oh...man." Scooter stated as he picked up his cell phone from the Jeeps' glove compartment. It had 55 new messages on it. "....wow. I think they missed me."

"You think they missed you?" Sara asked with an incredolous smile on her face. "They must've thought you were dead or something!"

Scooter laughed softly, then just slipped the phone into his pocket. Then the other four of them got into his jeep, and then they split later on into Kim and Jame's car to go back to Hensonville. All packed and ready to go, the five made their way home, finally.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? You hate prequels Sara? For some reason or other... I'm rully liking this one. And with such a wealth of range... From the lovely yet touching scene at the funeral... To the Muppeteers at Kermit's office at the theater... To Kermit breaking down and calling Nancy at the end... And was that a reference to Wayne and Wanda there?
So much goodness in this story... You sure we can't convince you to post some more?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm really on the edge of my seat Sara. I hope the rest of it is finished as soon as possible.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh, I'm not stopping my posts, Ed. I'm just getting frustrated because it's hard for me to keep up with ALL these DIFFERENT points and sub-layers of plots. It also dosn't help that I have severe ADHD. This really is testing just how well can one concentrate on something, you know?

Just a mini-rant, because I was worrying over that I put Richard in there, when in the last story he's supposed to be dead, and he died before the twins were born, and he's their father. So, why is he at the theatre? (close promixity to Scooter) and why is he alive? (he's supposed to be DEAD!) You know?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here you went and posted some more before I even got to read it...

*Offers Sara fresh apple-cinnamuffins.

The conversation with Nancy and Kermit was the best part. She was his rock... Everybody wondered who he turned to when he worried... It was her, though he never told anybody.
Some of the most beautiful stuff... And now the Vines are headed back...

Rully looking forward to how you continue this one... To manage to tie it to Remembering the Good Times.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah and how you presumably end up being sent to prison on trumped up charges until A grand adventure in life.

Going offline now. Check up on this later

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You can fudge with that bit of continuity a little... I mean, is he rully supposed to be dead before the twins are born? Then he wouldn't be their father would he? Actually, I think it's OK to have Richard there with the other Muppeteers, it connects sorta fine with the flow of time and events in your other stories... So Richard's just alive for a bit longer... So's Jim in case you didn't notice.
Don't worry, it's coming along wonderful so far... Besides, you can add a chapter later tieing those loose threads of when Jim and Richard died, as we learn in Grand Adventure In Life.
Hope this helps... And here are some chocolate sprinkles, if you like that for your muffins.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you, yes. This is somewhat going to tie into Grand Adventure. But I'm also going to stretch it out a little bit. Perhaps....ooh. I know....perfect, perfect....

more soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

The jeep, and the two other cars came pulling into the theatre, after an hour of driving. They were all so tired, and they just left their suitcases in the vehicles.

"I'm glad to be back....that....wow." Scooter managed to say as they were nearing the doors. Scooter was in front of everyone else, with Sara right behind him. He reached forward to open the door, looking back at Sara. "I just hope Kermit can for---"

The door slammed into Scooter's face, and he fell backwards suddenly. A curly haired man stuck his head out from it, and his eyes went wide.

"Oh...no...I...I'm really sorry!!" Richard said quickly, reaching down to help Scooter up. "Are you okay, Scooter??"

"Oow...y-yeah...I'm fine." He stood up with Richard's help, and he looked closely at the man for a moment. "How do you know my name?"

"We're good friends of Kermit's. And we're always at the shows too." Dave interjected, quickly getting outside, and also helping Scooter a bit.

"Oh...okay...t-that's fine. I'm not hurt, but thanks for helping me." He said, a soft smile crossing his face.

"Sure. I mean, I smacked you with the door anyways, I had to help ya!" Richard said with a smile, as the him and the rest of the muppeters made their way to their car. Scooter, and the rest of the Vines family made their way into the theatre quickly.

"I can't believe you, Richard." Frank said, looking over his glasses at Richard as they sat down in their van. Richard frowned, and looked out the window then. It was an odd thing, to see Richard quiet.

"Well?" Dave asked Richard as well. "Why didn't you say anything? It was the perfect time!"

"I....I just couldn't." Richard said softly, looking down at his hands for a moment.

Jim got into the driver's seat, and started it up. He turned back to his friends and smiled brightly. "Come on now. Let's not badger him anymore then he's been, okay? He'll tell him when he's ready."

The rest of them agreed slowly, and the drive back to the studio was a somewhat quiet one. Jerry, who hadn't said a word was thinking.

'Why didn't he say anything? It was perfect...but...then maybe he's waiting for them..'

-------------------------

"Scooter!" Gonzo yelled, and ran up to him, giving him a tight hug. "Where were you!?" He was one of the few who hadn't heard. He had just come into the theatre an hour ago, and no one would say a word about where the gofer was.

"I was at her mother's funeral, Gonzo." Scooter said, frowning slightly.

"Oh...wow....how did it go?" He asked, looking back at the sisters and James.

"It was good, I guess." Kim said, a soft smile playing across her face. "They played her favorite song, 'Danny Boy' on the bagpipes.

"That's really sweet..." Gonzo mused, then there was a huge blast coming from the basement. "Uh oh...I think the mad scientists are at it again. I'll see if I can't help them."

"You mean see if you can't get blown up?" Scooter remarked, a sly smile on his face.

"Got that right!" Gonzo said, as he leapt down the stairs in one leap. "BANZAI!!"

"....he's a glutton for pain, isn't he?" Lisa said, staring after Gonzo.

Sara nodded, smiling. Kim just laughed.

"I see you've come back again." Uncle Deadly intoned, as he stood in the hallway, looking at them. "I heard about the funeral, so...sorry to hear of such a thing."

"Thank you, Uncle Deadly." Sara said, smiling once more. "Did you miss us?"

"Frightfully so." He said with a slight sneer. His voice was dripping with sarcasm. "I really missed all that smooching, and kissing you were making. It was so dreadfully quiet around here, I thought I might actually have to scare the pants off of someone just to get some action in this old place."

"That seems a little hard, Uncle Deadly." Scooter remarked, looking at him deadpan.

"What?" He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly. He felt like he was being set up for some stupid joke.

"I mean, not many of us muppets even wear pants!" He responded laughing. Deadly just stared at him, and then turned to go across the stage.

"Did that bear write that? It sounds so horrible." He said as he left them.

"Ol' Sourpuss is certainly around. Why do you guys put up with him?" Kim asked, as she sat down on a stool in front of Kermit's desk.

"We can't get rid of the old spook, that's why. He's trapped in this theatre." The young gofer said, as he found his clipboard and looked over it. Kermit had scrawled down stuff hurriedly, trying to keep up with everyone. He saw a small note at the bottom.

'Scooter, when you finally get back and look at this, I REALLY need to have a little talk with you!! -- Kermit the Frog'

Scooter gulped, and turned to Sara giving her a quick smooch on the lips. "I've gotta go deal with the Chief, Sara. Why don't you go and help your sisters and your Dad with the bags. I'll be over later, okay?"

"Okay, hun. You're eating supper with us, like you promised. Do not forget, okay?" She said, with a note of finality that Scooter clearly noticed.

"I promise I will not forget. Now...to go and deal with a very angry amphiban." He said, as he hurried up the stairs quickly.

The Vines family made their way back out of the theatre, and they headed to the Bookstore, to unload and get James settled in.

------------------

"What has gotten into that frog lately?" Frank said, as they sat in a circle, speaking.

Jim frowned, and repositioned the Kermit puppet on his arm softly. "I'm not sure. He was really high strung about their winter show. Maybe we could help him some."

"Yeah...like that frog will take help from us!" Richard said, as he picked up his Scooter puppet from it's box. "It's still kinda weird though."

"What's weird, Richard?" Dave countered, as he sat back in his chair, smirking.

Richard held up the puppet on his arm, and moved it's mouth lightly. "It's this." He pointed with his free hand to the puppet. "I don't see why we're doing this...why don't they just do public performances themselves?"

"Kermit thought of this plan, because for one, they can't be everywhere at once, plus when they first tryed to do a public performance, the people didn't really....they thought they were fake for some reason. So he contacted me, and I figured I'd help him by doing this. It's just something for fun you know?" Jim explained, as he practiced Kermit for a second. "I mean, it's hard for us to do all this all at once, guys." He responded in a really good imitation of Kermit's voice.

"It's a little raspy Jim. Try it again." Jerry stated, leaning forward slightly. Jim tried it again, and Jerry smiled. "I think you've got it just right, with that one."

"Good, we've got an apperance at some bookstore or something in a week. Plus, Kermit liked having duplicates, it was a lot easier on them. The people think they are fake, well, all except Hensonville and Sesame Street...and we get a nice modest paycheck, and it's just plain fun too."

Frank agreed, and gently lifted Piggy onto his arm, and made a weird face. "Wow...she needs to loose some weight or something. Any heavier and she'll break my arm."

"She'll break your arm if she hears you calling her fat, Frank." Richard said with a gleam in his eyes.

"You tell Miss Piggy that, and I will hurt you Richard. I've already gotten enough flak from her, cause she overheard me saying she needed to change her costume on the puppet to something less heavy! I do not want to have to go back to the doctor with more broken ribs!"

"Fine, fine Frank! I wasn't going to say anything anyways. I mean...she'd probably hit me too!" Richard was grinning from ear to ear while he said that.

"Lunch is ready guys!" Some stagehand yelled from the door to the room.

"Awesome! Lunch!" Dave shouted, as he, Richard, and Jerry got into a running contest to the lunch room.

They got their lunches, and they sat down, talking amongst themselves; when one of the caterers came over to them, and sat down eating his lunch as well.

"...I do not want to do that skit live, Jim. My neck is killing me, and that monitor isn't helping either." Richard complained, as he ate his lunch.

"I'll see what we can do, Richard. Maybe you should go see a massage therapist or something." Jim stated, as he drank another glup of water.

"...Um...I...I think I could probably help." The meek looking caterer said, looking over at them. He had black hair, and pale baby blue eyes. He was wearing a clean pressed black buttonup shirt, with ironed black chef's pants. He wasn't looking directly at them, and he adjusted his glasses a few times, awaiting an answer.

"Really?" Jim asked. "What do you know about massage?"

"My sister, she used to do it sometimes. I learned from her. I could give you guys neck massages if you'd like."

"Sure! That'd be great!" Richard said, as he craned his neck slightly. "It's so stiff lately."

The meek black haired man stood up, and went over to Richard, and started to massage his neck gently, and dug his thumbs in carefully, rotating and massaging nicely.

"There may be a few...prickling senstations...that's just the muscles relaxing." He said quietly, as he flicked both of his wrists quickly, before digging in once more into Richard's neck.

"Ooh! What was that?" Richard asked, turning his head softly to look at the man.

"Oh, nothing. Just the muscles, like I said." The man said, as he shoved his hands in his pockets quickly, before moving onto Jim. He did the same motion, and then as suddenly as he was there, he was gone.