FanFic: Penguin With A Dream

Princeton

Reaction score
Part IV (Finally, we get to see the penguin!)

Chamberlain sat on the cabin's stoop, waiting for Mokey. He worried about Mokey and the abusive relationship she is... well, hopefully, Chamberlain thought *was* in would be the case. At any rate, a penguin came out of the cabin carrying a suitcase and Chamberlain's backpack. After loading the luggage in Mokey's car, the penguin was about to go back into the house when he noticed Chamberlain sitting there.

"Oh, nice to see you again, sir" the penguin said.

Aghast, Chamberlain exclaimed, "So it was YOU! Well, what else can I say but 'thank you',... uh, do you have a name, my fine fellow?"

"Well, of course I have a name: Lindbergh Boogaloo Jarvis, but you can call me Lindy" the penguin said.

"Amazing that a penguin would rescue a.. well, a human!" Chamberlain said.

"Aw, think nothing of it" Lindy said. "In Alaska, we gotta look out for each other. Mokey takes care of me, and in turn, I take care of her. God knows she needs it".

"May I ask, Lindy, who that man upstairs was?" asked Chamberlain.

"Why, sure: that's Jasper, Mokey's boyfriend. He's a bad, bad man. He's always hitting her and insulting her; hopefully, she's leaving him for good now" Lindy said. From inside the cabin a scream and the sound of a punch and something breaking was heard.

"Quick, let's get in the car; we can't let Mokey know we heard that" said Lindy. They no sooner got in the car when Mokey hobbled out of the house with an ice pack over her eye. She got in the driver's seat and started the car.

"Don't look back, either of you. Whatever you do, never, NEVER look back." Mokey said as they drove away.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

Yaey! Lindy, a new Muppet penguin!
*heart shatters at the thought of Mokey staying in an abusive relationship.

Please, let things get better for her!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
My, my, my....but how much do I love this penguin! Lindy! How cute! Oh and poor Mokey, I hope we get to hear more of her story. This is very AU but I LOVE it!!!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part V

NOTE:*Beth, can you please tell me what AU means?:confused: :embarrassed: *

At a penthouse apartment in Beverly Hills, a meeting was about to be held in The GOBO, or The Great One's Bedroom, Obviously. Fresh cannolis were set out on the leather-draped, rhinestone-covered table and off key opera was heard from the kitchen. The FFC (Fiama Fan Club) Public Relations man, Mr. Scoop, sat down at the table and started to reach for a cannoli when a flash of gold and brown ran into Scoop, knocking him off the stool.

The flash's furry arms pummeled Scoop's chest and yelled "Nobody touches Ma Fiama's cannolis, y'understand? Nobody!" It was Johnny Fiama's bodyguard, Sal Mannila. Scoop reached into his pocket and sprayed pepper spray in Sal's face. Sal jumped off him and flailed his arms around, screaming.

"How do you like that, huh?" Scoop said, as he got to his feet.

"Well, to be perfectly Frank Sinatra, I don't like it! I LOVE it! Where did you get this stuff? Oh, this is delicious! You gotta give Ma the recipe!" said Sal.

Just then, Johnny Fiama walked in wearing a red velvet smoking jacket. "Oh, Johnny, you gotta try this stuff! Quick, bub, give me that tube! " said Sal, excitedly.

"Later, Sal, later" said Johnny. "So, Mr. Scoop, I understand you have something to tell me? Oh, and please, help yourself to a cannoli".

"B-b-but the monkey said I couldn't have one!" said Scoop.

"He didn't ask permission, Johnny" said Sal.

"Oh. Well, then it was justified" laughed Johnny. "So, anyway, Scoop, what's up?"

"Well, Mr. Fiama, I am the PR man for the FFC..." started Scoop.

"Hey, NOBODY covers up Johnny's rings!" yelled Sal.

"No! Not the FCC, the FFC: Fiama Fan Club" said Scoop.

"Yeah? What about it?" asked Johnny.

"Well, you're going to host a talent show and the contestants will be members of the fan club" explained Scoop.

"Sounds fine with me; just have your people call my people" said Johnny.

"Well, technically, I AM your people" said Scoop.

"Great! Then you already know" said Johnny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny... Very much like the fact that as Johnny's people, Scoop already knows.

A bit confused about just where the meeting's taking place.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter!

AU = Alternative Universe. Taking already established characters and changing their setting or situation. So, Mokey living with an abusive boyfriend outside of the Rock is a bit AU. But it's a good thing! I really like it!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part VI

"So, Mokey, if you don't mind my asking, what sort of creature are you?" asked Chamberlain.

Mokey had a glazed look in her eyes, like she'd been sedated or something. She kept her eyes on the road and said "Oh, no, Chamberlain, it's perfectly fine. I'm a Fraggle. We had a whole universe all our own underneath some man's house. The house has since been torn down, so I don't know where all my friends are." She started to cry. "I was so happy there. All we had was each other. I had a roomate, she was a real thorn in my side, but she was my best friend. I think about her every day. And every time I look at you, I see Gobo. He was our leader... well, not officially, but trust me, he was. I never dreamed my life would turn out like this. Living where it's always cold... of course there was that one time in the Rock when we all got frozen. So, maybe I don't mind that quite so much, but that monster Jasper. He started off as a roommate, I wanted to see what it was like having a male roommate. He was really nice at first, but the longer we lived together, the worse it got." She came back to her senses at last. "But that's all behind us now, right, Lindy?"

"You betcha!" said Lindy. "I'm surprised you didn't ask me where I wanted to go."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Lindy; where do you want to go?" asked Mokey.

"Beverly Hills, California; to compete in the Fiama Fan Club Talent show!" aid Lindy.

"Well, I think we can handle that." said Mokey with a smile.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohhh, poor Mokey! She lost all her friends, it's so sad! It explains more of how she got where she is though. Great chapter Prinny, looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As am I Puddin'. You heard that you Turquoise Parrot owner? We want more of this story!