FanFic: Penguin With A Dream

Princeton

Reaction score
Part VII

A rusty pickup truck went down the road from Mokey's old cabin. Jasper was driving. He was on his way to pay a visit to Mr. Shuckner Lords. Now that Mokey had left for good, Jasper found it only fitting to relay it to the man who gave Mokey her freedom. The whole inside of his truck was littered with memories of Mokey: a strange looking doll which sort of resembled Mokey, a drawing she did of some small man in a construction worker's outfit, but Jasper was reminded of the one he hated the most when he hit a speed bump and it hit him in the eye: a blue and sparkly pebble. He hated this item the most because it was given to Mokey by her friend from the Rock; Boomer? Booger? Booker? Jasper couldn't remember. All he knew was that it had to be destroyed, so with all his strength, he crushed it in his hand, which ultimately turned out to be the worst thing he could have possibly done. The pebble turned to dust and encircled the inside of his truck. A few seconds later, *POOF!* His truck dissolved into mid-air and Jasper turned into... a Fraggle!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Jasper... A Fraggle now? That's a twist noone saw coming.
But why would he be driving down to go see Mr. Shuckner Lords? Wasn't it Chamberlain Harris who gave her her freedom?
Oh well... More to look forward to with explanations in another installment of this nice story

Princeton

Reaction score
Part VIII

Jasper Fraggle now had to run to Mr. Lords' house on foot, which would take quite a while since Fraggles have very short legs. He was panicked, of course, it would be quite a shock to anyone. More importantly, how was he going to present himself to Mr. Lords? Oh, he was scared, so scared he didn't watch where he was going and walked right into Mr. Lords. Shuckner Lords was tall with wispy white hair and a long crooked nose. He had no teeth and his skin was so translucent you could actually see his veins moving. But the most frightening thing about him was that one of his eyeballs was totally black. He reached down and picked up Jasper, saying "Oh, another Fraggle. Only this one I'm sure I've seen before. Greasy hair, stained t-shirt, World War II boots... Jasper! How di you become a Fraggle?"

"Well, I was driving down the road... to see you, actually, when I hit a speed bump and one of Mokey's blue pebbles hit me in the eye, so I crushed it in my hand, and the next thing I know, I'm a Fraggle!" said Jasper.

"A blue pebble, you say?" Mr. Lords laughed quietly before erupting, "You blithering imbecile! You destroyed a Perfect Blue Rollie! Have you any idea how valuable one of those is? It's the whole reason I started studying Fraggles. But no matter. Where's Mokey?"

"Ah. Well, see, that's why I wanted to see you" Jasper said. "She, uh... she left... for good."

"Well, I see why you would want to inform me of that" said Mr. Lords. "After all, I did rescue her from captivity, by way of a Mr. McMooch. He told me of an ancient band of Fraggles: The Fraggle Five. Mokey was one of The Fraggle Five! I couldn't keep her anymore; if the police caught me with a Fraggle, they'd put me away! That's why I gave her to you to look after her! So, a Fraggle is back in the human world. That cannot do, Jasper. It just cannot do. We must get her back. Yes... yes, that's the thing to do."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooohhh, interesting. I like how Jasper turned into a Fraggle and this whole thing about the Fraggles in the human world and wow! This is just great! I know I keep saying that but I mean it. I must read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... So now we get at the wheels behind this story. Ooh, wonderous descript of Shuckner Lords. But I fear for Mokey.

What will happen next? Post more so we can find out!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
First off: Shuckner Lords is absolutely CREEPY. Second off: WOW!!!! Mokey getting away, and crushing a Perfect Blue Rollie turns one into a fraggle?! WOW!! This is an awesome and riveting story, Brian!! I can't wait to read more of it!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part IX

Chamberlain stopped by a pay phone to get some information about where to go from here. Meanwhile, Mokey and Lindy stayed in the car. Lindy noticed how tired Mokey looked, so he asked "Mokey, is something wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, no, Lindy, nothing's wrong; why do you ask?" replied Mokey.

"Two reasons: A) We've always been there for each other; when you're feeling down, I not only worry about you, but I feel down too. And B) You look like you haven't slept in days; we've only been driving a couple hours. Maybe when Chamberlain gets back in the car, he should drive for a while." said Lindy.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. And Lindy, don't think I don't appreciate you looking out for me. It's just that now that I left Jasper, I'll have to face something only I can face." said Mokey.

"You're not worrying about Mr. Lords, are you? I'm sure Jasper hasn't told him you left." said Lindy.

"You're wrong, Lindy. I know Jasper and I'll bet he's already done it. What I wouldn't give to be back in the Rock right now. I can still smell Boober's radish gumbo. I can still see Wembley not being able to decide what side of the bed to get out on. But most of all, I remember Red and I being stuck in Wonder Mountain. That's the most scared I've ever been... until I met Jasper." said Mokey.

"Mokey, don't you get it? Jasper is so history! You've got me, you've got Chamberlain, and we'll make sure nothing bad happens to you. And personally, I'm not the least bit worried about that old gargoyle Lords." said Lindy.

"You can't be sure of that, Lindy. Mr. Lords is a powerful man, and if he hears I'm out in the human world again... I'm as good as dead. Oh, wait, here comes Chamberlain. Let's not burden him with my worries; that's all they are after all... hopefully." said Mokey. Chamberlain went around to the driver's seat.

"Scoot over, Mokey; I think it's high time you took a break. Anyway, I've got great news; I've arranged for a plane to pick us up here and take us to California. He's a fairly new pilot. The other line was scratchy, I couldn't make out his name, but it sounded like Ozzie Blair." said Chamberlain.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... The heavyness of this story is now sinking in. Love what's going on, scared for Mokey meself. Hope they make it to Texas all fright.
Oh, and more please!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Eeee! This is an awesome story Brian! *is riveted to her seat now, awaiting the latest input of the story*

Princeton

Reaction score
Part 10

About a half hour later, the plane landed and the pilot pulled a lever that released the staircase. The unexpected part was all sorts of debris (rubber chickens, banana peels, funny nose glasses, etc) pouring out. The pilot tuned off the engine and jumped out to introduce himself, "Wocka wocka! Here I am, Fozzie Bear, and you don't have to pay a fare! Hey, wocka wocka!"

"A bear? We have a bear for a pilot? Oh, this vacation just gets better and better." sighed Lindy.

"Oh, come now, Lindy, it's perfectly fine. Now, let's help Fozzie pick up some of his stuff." said Chamberlain.

"Thank you. I'm sorry it's such a mess, but you never can tell when we're gonna hit a comedy club! Wocka wocka!" said Fozzie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although California was their chartered destination, the plane ran out of gas and the closest they could land was Texas. Everyone was disheartened, everyone except Chamberlain.

"Aw, don't let's be gloomy. There's plenty of fun things to do in Texas, like, uh... see a rodeo! Yes, that's what we'll do; we'll see a rodeo! In fact, I think one of us could participate, for a fee." Chamberlain said.

"Oh, that sounds great, but which one of us will it be?" asked Mokey.

"Well, my bones are a bit brittle, and you're in an emotional state, Mokey, and Lindy's too small, so that only leaves Fozzie!" replied Chamberlain.

"Me? Oh, I just couldn't; I'd feel so guilty tying up those little calves. No, no, I just can't!" yelled Fozzie.

"I believe first prize is a new car" Chamberlain added.

"Oh, all right. I'll do it just for the car, but I do not plan on enjoying it." said Fozzie.