FanFic: Penguin With A Dream

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
He he, Ozzie Blair....that's so funny! It's even funnier when Fozzie steps off the plane and all the stuff falls out. Poor Mokey, she's kind of the heart of this whole story isn't she? But Lindy's right there supporting her, it's cute, it looks like they have a nice friendship. Ok, can't wait to read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Ozzie Blair... Fozzie Bear. You did it again, surprised me and made me like this story even more.
Comedy prop debris, get out your umbrellas!
Statler: Yeah, we don't want to be hit by an actual joke!

Post more please!

Princeton

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Poor Mokey, she's kind of the heart of this whole story isn't she?
Yeah, there's a reason for that. To begin with, Mokey is my favorite Fraggle ever and I wanted to isolate her and tell a "post-Rock" story because I've always wondered what happened to the Fraggle Five after the show ended. See, one of my favorite kinds of storylines is the comparison of the mundane versus the fantastic. In this case, it would be life in the Rock versus the human world. So, I chose to explore Mokey's "after" story.

Secondly, Mokey was, to me, the heart of the FR series. She really grew as a character over those five years, and I like to think I went along for the ride with her.

Lastly, I wanted to tap into real issues, and spousal abuse has always been a big issue with me. Mind you, I wanted to achieve it without being too graphic or too "un-Hensonlike", so the one thing I hope is that I'm handling this issue delicately.

Princeton

Reaction score
The Count said:
Wow... Ozzie Blair... Fozzie Bear. You did it again, surprised me and made me like this story even more.
I'm glad you liked that, Ed. I only hope I made the right choice as to who the pilot would be. I had it between Link (Hogthrob), Grover, or Fozzie, and ultimately my heart told me to pick Fozzie.:embarrassed:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well this is quite a unique sort of story Brian. Fantastic imaginative concept and great variety of well-beloved Henson characters and original characters of all kinds.

I'm glad you didn't pick Grover. I do like him but I don't think he would have been the one to give the part justice. I think Link would have been an appropriately funny choice but it's definitely wonderful with Fozzie. :smile:
Ozzie Blair. That is so clever.

I look forward eagerly to reading more.:excited:

Princeton

Reaction score
Part 11

"You'll do fine, Fozzie. I arranged that you be buckled in good and tight on a tame horse. All you have to do lasso a calf by the neck, then get off your horse and tie three of the calf's legs together. It's simple as pie." said Chamberlain as Fozzie was sittting on his horse in his chute. Just then, the announcer started calling the riders' names. "Ooh, guess I better go. Good luck, Fozzie." added Chamberlain as he went back to his seat.

"Howdy, y'all, and welcome to Tipton County's annual rodeo!" said the announcer. "First up, we have Fozzie Bear, riding... aw, poor fella, he got stuck with Skidboot! For the bear about to die, we salute him. Turn 'em loose!"

And with that, Skidboot went a-bucking and a-galloping high in the air. He was jerking Fozzie around so much, Fozzie could barely twist his lasso. But luckily he was able to, and in one try, he roped that calf and mercifully jumped off of Skidboot.

As he tied up the calf's legs, he said "Look, I'm sorry about this, buddy. It's just that my friends and I really need the car."

"Hey, don't worry about it. By the way, my name's Lightning and I'll tell you how to get BOTH of us out of here alive. When I say 'go', jump as high as you can and prepare to land on my back. You understand?" asked Lightning.

"I think so." said Fozzie, his voice shaking.

"All right, one... two... three, GO!" yelled Lightning. Fozzie jumped as high as he could, while Lightning worked his little legs out of the rope knot. As Fozzie came down, he landed right on Lightning's back and the two of them busted through the arena's wall. They continued down the road as a big black car drove beside them. The driver side window rolled down as Mr. Lords reached out and tried to scratch Lightning with his ring.

The ring came to be known as "Slasher", the sole way that Mr. Lords did in his victims. It had a sharp edge on it which Mr. Lords would dip in poison and scratch people (or in some cases, animals) with it. But in this case, "Slasher" failed as a brand new navy blue Dodge Nitro (the rodeo prize) hit Mr. Lords' car in the back, causing it to spin around and off the road.

Chamberlain slowed the car down so Fozzie and Lightning could get in.

"Who was that guy?" asked Fozzie.

Everybody kept quiet until Mokey spoke up and said "That's Mr. Lords. And it's ME he's after."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ooooooh. Poor Mokey.:concern:

Murder by poison ring:eek:

Oh what suspense. Please give us more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Brian... Sorry I didn't see this latest chapter, nor the added development from Part 10 that led to the rodeo. Rully liked it and thought it was just what we needed, a touch of funny normal action mixed with some gripping action towards the end.

Sending this story to my sister, now please do us the favor of posting some more!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part 12

With Mr. Lords out of their way, Chamberlain, Mokey, Lindy, Fozzie, and Lightning continued on their journey. They made it as far as New Mexico when they decided to stretch their legs. Coincidentally, where they stopped was right near a farmer's market. Fozzie, Lindy, and Lightning just browsed but Chamberlain and Mokey each found a item that they really liked.

For all the times that Chamberlain traveled to jungles, he never had the most important necessity: a sabre. And now he saw one. He realized that now that Mr. Lords was after Mokey, he needed it now more than ever. As he purchased the sabre, the peddler gave him a free gift: a vial from the Fount of Immortality. "Drink it," the peddler said, "and you'll never die".

As for Mokey, back in the Rock, one of the Fraggles' only means of food were radishes from the Gorgs' garden. Not the tastiest of vegetables, but it was all they had. There in a stand at the market, Mokey saw a small wooden box with a latch on it. She tried to open it, but it was a strong latch. The peddler noticed she was struggling with it, so he walked over to Mokey and said "There's a trick to it. Luckily, you have the very tool on your necklace. Simply pick the latch with that. You probably think these are radishes, but you're only part right. They are flying radishes! All you need is one to get the job done. But use them wisely, my child." Mokey paid for them and cautiously walked back to the car.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee... This was a good chapter. Wonder what those flying radishes will accomplish.
More please sir!