FanFic: The New Arrival

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*gasps softly, then laughs* The nagger has returned! XD

Seriously, I know I know! X_x It's the pain from my knee and stuff. And I'm a little stuck. I'm getting on it right now. Plus I don't have as much time on the computer as I used to have, as my parents are actually home now, and keeping tabs on me. XD

More story very very soon. ...... Hopefully.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Don't I know it. Now that school's ended for the summer, I'm back to competing with my dad and brother for the dial-up connection. It's a bit of a pill when I need to check my campus e-mail, but oh well.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Six

Short chapter, sorry guys. My knee is absolutely KILLING me...

~*~

His knees hit the sand, and he held the blanket in his hands, as Kermit finished up the letter quietly. Eyes closed tightly, he gripped the small deep red blanket, running his fingers over the smooth material.

"...this is just like what Nanny found me in..." He murmured to himself.

"He's probably okay, Gonzo. He dosn't sound like he's...a baby like you were." Kermit said gently, as he kneeled down beside the blue weirdo. Gonzo nodded softly, and stood up.

"We've gotta find Tanzer guys. Who knows what's happened to him!?" He started back towards the bus, the blanket clenched in his hands.

"Gonzo, come on...calm down. Tanzer should be alright..." Scooter offered, looking worried for his friend. "Let's look for any clues as to which direction he went.."

The gang started looking around for clues, as Gonzo clambered up to the top of the bus, looking from the higher vantage point.

"Tanzer...why didn't you stay behind?" Gonzo said softly, as the wind whipped around them.

The few footprints left in the sand, where Tanzer had walked....were whipped away by the flowing sands.

-----------------------------------------------

The little boy was bluer then ever. It was cold, dark, and so very scary. He had cried till he could not cry anymore, and even then he felt like breaking down. Clutching his small pack, he slowly walked along the road, with a slowing pace. He saw a bus stop, and sat down on the cold, hard ground. Burying his face into his arms, he eventually went to sleep; his long, soft feathery hair ruffling in the gentle winds.

----------------------------------------------

"Come on blue dude! We've gotta get going, if we're gonna find your little boy!" Floyd yelled up to Gonzo, who stayed seated on the bus, keeping his eyes peeled to the rocks in front of the highway.

"...He's a young boy. How could I have been so stupid!? I should have noticed something was different about myself...it makes sense. Women and men...my...people. We get prepared for parenthood." He was thinking, hard and deep. He snapped his head up, his eyes brightened once more.

"HE'S GOING TOWARDS MANHATTAN!!" Gonzo yelled at the top of his lungs, as he dropped himself off of the bus, sliding into one of the open windows.

Floyd, Kermit, and Scooter; the few who were still outside of the bus, darted inside as quick as possible. Kermit noticed that Gonzo looked positively wild-eyed, as he tried his hardest to get Clifford to go ahead and start the bus up.

"MAN! Gonzo!! Calm down! We're getting there, just let the guys get back on the bus!" Clifford was yelling loudly at Gonzo, who kept trying to take the wheel from Clifford. The bus was doing nothing, as it wasn't even cranked up yet, luckily, but it was still worriesome for everyone.

The three hurried on, and it took Animal to get a beastly grip on the blue weirdo to get him to calm down somewhat. Kermit walked back and sat in front of Gonzo, as Clifford was heading out on the highway once more, going the way they came.

"What's gotten into you now Gonzo?" Kermit asked, frowning.

"I can feel something Kermit." Gonzo stated.

"Hoo boy." Rizzo retorted, as he sighed softly, watching his friend. "I know you're his father an' all. But you've not even seen tha' kid yet, Gonz! How can you feel something?"

"I...I don't know. I can't explain it!" He said, getting agitated, as he kept his eyes on the sides of the road, watching for anything that could indicate Tanzer's presence.

"Well, try weirdo!" Miss Piggy yelled, her blue eyes flashing with anger at him.

"....my heart's been breaking." Gonzo said softly, as the bus rolled to a slow stop in front of something.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... That's OK Sara... Just happy there's a new chapter at all. Rully makes you feel something for Gonzo, worried about his boy...
Hope they find him quickly.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
"....my heart's been breaking." Gonzo said softly, as the bus rolled to a slow stop in front of something.
Oh mine too, Gonzo!

WHAT DID IT STOP IN FRONT OF! OH, dang you, Renee, dang you and your perfect cliffhanger! ARGH, you TORTURESOME... Ugh! I hate it when I get a dose of my own medicine! And yet I love it, too. Very confusing.

A lovely, heartfelt chapter, short but sweet and heartwrenching. I love how Gonzo's started to figure out why he's been feeling different, and how he can feel something about Tanzer, without even meeting him...

BUT WHAT DID THEY STOP IN FRONT OF! Oh please don't be cruel and have it turn out to be something totally inconsequential, like... a fire hydrant or something...

MORE PLEASE!

(And I understand about the knee, and hope it feels better soon. I'm just being my usual impatient self. Ah, it's good to be nagging again...)

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

Tanzer looked up, and saw something bright behind him. It was headlights, softened from the fog and mist that had arisen from the sea. His poor body was exhausted, so he closed his eyes and curled back up. The packs straps ruffled in the wind, the sign creaking.

The vehicle rolled to a slow stop about 20 feet from the bus sign, and it's brakes hissed loudly. The little boy looked upwards at the noise, his facial fur matted with his tears. It was a large, brightly colored bus; loud music emenated from within from a huge stereo system. Someone was yelling inside over the music.

-------------------------------------------

"STOP! STOP THE BUS!!" Gonzo was screaming, as he clambered over the seats. He saw the small blue lump, and knew what or who it was.

"I'm STOPPING Gonzo! Calm yourself down!" Clifford yelled out, as the bus rolled to an unsteady stop.

Gonzo nearly ripped the door lever off, as he slammed the double doors open. He leapt out of the bus, and started to walk to where the little blue alien was. He calmed himself down a million marks as he got closer.

"Tanzer?" His voice was a mere whisper, as he kneeled down beside the small boy. Reaching out his hand, he gently stroked the boy's head, a soft smile crossing his face. "Are you okay?"

Tanzer looked up, his eyes slightly reddened; and he coughed softly, nodding. Gonzo reached forward and picked up the small boy in his arms, hugging him tightly.

"Tanzer! Oh...you're okay!" He turned back towards the bus, a huge smile on his face. "Tanzer's alright guys!"

"D-Daddy...you didn't come..." The little boy's voice was a small murmur, to Gonzo's ear. "...you missed them..."

"I know I did. And I'm so sorry! I never knew you were coming. My brother...he never told me about this and...and I shouldn't have waited. I should have realized something was different." Gonzo hugged Tanzer, as he walked onto the bus with the little boy in his arms.

A chorus of hello's and hugs came for Tanzer as Gonzo got onto the bus.

"Hey there, little dude!"

"Great another weirdo....I mean, hi there sweetie!"

"We're so happy to finally meet you, little fellow!"

"Glad to have you in the crew, little man!"

"Are we there yet? Oh hey! It's the little blue dude!"

The sweet words settled down as Gonzo and Tanzer settled down in the bus seat. Rizzo smiled as he sat in the seat across the aisle from them. Tanzer leaned over and settled his head on Gonzo's chest, listening softly to his Father's heartbeat. As the bus rolled down the long road back to Manhattan, everyone settled down for sleep. Tanzer was asleep, with Gonzo's arms around him. The little alien snored softly, as the waning moonlight poured inside the bus.

"This feels familiar, very familiar, Almost unreal, yet, it's too soon to feel yet. Close to my soul, and yet so close to me. We're going to go back there someday. Sun rises, night falls, sometimes the sky calls. Is that a song there, and do we belong there? I've never been there, but you know the way. We're going to go back there someday. Come and go with me, it's more fun to share, We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings. We can hold onto young like invisible strings.

There's not a word yet for old family who've just met. Part heaven, part space, or have you found your place? We can just visit, but we plan to stay. We're going to go back there someday. We're going to go back there someday."

Gonzo was singing softly, to Tanzer as he slept in his arms. Tanzer yawned, and curled up tighter against Gonzo's chest, and he smiled.

"I must send them a postcard, thanking them for him..." He murmured to himself, as the bus chugged along in the dark night.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OHHHHHHHHHHH!

...OH.....

...Aw......

Oh! Gonzo and Tanzer... OH, my heart is wrenched... Tanzer listening to Gonzo's heartbeat- I'm a real sucker for heart beats, you'll see that in my story, when I get there, you'll see it a lot- And the slightly changed words to "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"... (Pst, one minor thing, not sure if you meant the change or not, but in the original it's "we can hold on to love like invisible strings." Not sure if you meant to put "young" or if it's from the confusion in the subtitles on one of the dvd's...) And Gonzo wanting to thank his family for Tanzer. Oh, it's so sweet!!!!

Is there more? Please tell me there's more. I don't feel like the story's over yet. Is there more? Please say there's more. MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If she hasn't said "The End", then me thinks there might be more story left... But that's up to Sara to decide.

Truly beautiful... Gonzo singing to Tanzor in his arms on the bus headed back to Manhattan.