Favorite Movie on MST3K

Princeton

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
Anyway fans of MST3K, Mike, Kevin and Bill are reuniting for something called "The Film Crew," in which they will provide DVD commentaries for more bad films!!
What happened to the original Crow? He also played Dr. Forrester.

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Oh joy! Oh rapture! 'The Film Crew!' How exciting! I'm going to make some space in my DVD collection for it right now!..

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
I have to ask it...

Mike or Joel? Who do you all prefer? I have a soft spot in my heart for Joel, the man who's eyes always seemed to be closed!...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Princeton said:
What happened to the original Crow? He also played Dr. Forrester.
Trace Beaulieu, who performed Crow and played Dr. Forrester, left after the seventh season of MST3K. Since then, he's been the head writer (I think) on America's Funniest Home Videos. He was also on Freaks & Geeks as the biology teacher.

Bill Corbett took over for Trace when the show moved to the Sci-Fi channel. In addition to Crow, Bill played the Observer, a.k.a. Brain Guy.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
bunsenhoneydew said:
Oh joy! Oh rapture! 'The Film Crew!' How exciting! I'm going to make some space in my DVD collection for it right now!..
I think the first title will be available this summer sometime...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*From the segment at the end of Fired!...
Tom, singing: Zeros... Nothing more than zeros...

Anothermovie that had as weird a Tolkienisk plot as Cave Dwellers, Order of the Delta Knights.
Pearl subjected herself to a quarter of watching movies, where the bots latched on to her because she gave the an old mint from the bottom of her purse.

Ad of course, Gypsy's one good quip from one of the Hercules movies...
Gypsy: So why does it look as if they have to have their horses steamcleaned?
Joel: Good one Gypsy!

Would like to know how to get this Film Crew of which you speak. Anybody remember the medieval Lord of the Rings webisode spoof Mike and Kevin and Bill did?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I found this link:

filmcrewonline.com

There's a funny video introduction by Kevin.

Never caught the LOTR spoof.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yes... The segments for Devil Dolls were great too, Crow selling his soul to be the ventriloquist, Mike locked in the birdcage as his dummy and Servo as Crow's leggy assistant.
Lol yeah hilarious:

Crow: Oh you're an ugly dummy, aren't you Michael? A horrible smelly dummy...stuffed with sawdust. A dummy who will never have ham! Certainly not unless he gets it himself.

Mike: Oh Crow, this is too much. I fall asleep so you build a cage around me and you dress me up as Hugo the Devil Doll, and you whisper odd, irrelevant taunts at me!

Crow: What?! Oh now Mike, what is wrong with that?! I feel like I can't do anything tonight and you are all over me!

Servo: Well now that my soul's in this toaster strudel, I'm ready to be your leggy assistant!

Mike: Oh now look at this!

Crow: What?! You know Mike, what is wrong with that?!

Mike: I'm gonna be physically ill...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
heralde said:
Lol yeah hilarious:

Crow: Oh you're an ugly dummy, aren't you Michael? A horrible smelly dummy...stuffed with sawdust. A dummy who will never have ham! Certainly not unless he gets it himself.

Mike: Oh Crow, this is too much. I fall asleep so you build a cage around me and you dress me up as Hugo the Devil Doll, and you whisper odd, irrelevant taunts at me!

Crow: What?! Oh now Mike, what is wrong with that?! I feel like I can't do anything tonight and you are all over me!

Servo: Well now that my soul's in this toaster strudel, I'm ready to be your leggy assistant!

Mike: Oh now look at this!

Crow: What?! You know Mike, what is wrong with that?!

Mike: I'm gonna be physically ill...
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Classic!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the funnier stuff happened when the gang was still carrying on during the credits.
Point in case, during Hobgoblins, Servo goes offscreen and builds a cardboard cutout of the movie's director so they can keep riffing on him. Then, when they come out of the theater, Servo mentions he went back in ime to kick the director in the shins... And Crow comes in reading an article from that time period stating that the director got the inspiration for the movie when he was kicked in the shins by a little red fireplug looking creature.