1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Complete Box Set Amazon Sales Rank

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

2. zns

zns Active Member

I will definately ask my parents for the set as a christmas gift. I already have the individual three seasons, but that won't stop me from adding more to my Muppet collection.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But your parents might ask "Why buy something you already own (sans season 4 & the extras)"?
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! But you never know until you ask.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

All you can do is ask. Good luck! :)
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sadly, my parents always say no and want to use my money for practical reasons (i.e. college).
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well I guess you know the answer to that one than, heh.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Nice one, Will. *eye roll* If only my folks would let me do what I want with my money.
  9. heralde

I only mean this in a helpful way, are you able to get a job?
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Of course, but even so, minimum wage jobs that are available barely pay enough to get by (i.e. food, cleaning supplies, cable/internet bill, etc.).
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, somtimes these responses can come across the wrong way.:o
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. A case of miscommunication.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Don't worry about it... It's okay.:)
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I often thought to er is human, so hopefully, it is okay.
  15. RL4422

RL4422 New Member

I'm so dissappointed at the rating. I understand that people are upset about them not releasing season four, but that shouldn't affect the rating for this product. If you look closely, you understand the rating... but at first glance it give Fraggle Rock a bad name. I'd rather have the amazon shoppers see a five star rating.
  16. heralde

I understand, but I think this should have been expected.
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Anyone who remembers FR clearly enough to want to buy the full series set in the first place will understand that the reviews are about HIT and not FR itself I think:). I don't know anyone who actually buys full series sets that takes amazon ratings to heart anway :excited:.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It just hopped over to Amazon and it appears as though HIT will have a hard time recovering their reputation for this particular release (at least on that site) no matter what their plans for single setting would be in the future. This really was a poor strategy that kicks some "muck and goo" at the Fraggle property. I suppose they believe people will buy them and complain at the same time. I'll keep true to my word and wait a week or two before parting with any money on this set. That’s if I can actually afford it! :smirk:
  19. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Indeed.
  20. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I thought that too. But all they can really do, at this point, is hope people will buy them at all. I think they will make some money from this, as there are fans who will want it no matter what and others who have purchased nothing so far. However, I believe most consumers will still only buy a Season 4 set.

As someone else mentioned a while back, HIT must know that most of the 1.3 million people who have already purchased season sets are not going to go for this. Casual fans, who probably make up roughly 99% of those 1.3 million, will almost certainly pass. Heck, it sounds like many of us diehards are going to pass!

I think HIT is aware of the large consumer base they need to address after this sells through.