Fraggle Rock Complete Box Set Amazon Sales Rank

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hope all the former goodies come with this set.
We already know that won't happen, because both the seperate seasons and the complete set have exclusive items.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But don't you want the extras and season four should the seperate season not be released?
Then buy the AUS season 4 ^.~. It's by HIT to after all, it is not a bootleg or anything, and any computer can play them with the right program, or you can get a DVD player that plays everything worldwide, which pays for itself ten times over IMHO...

Sleeves are a good and common way to manage the space of a 20 disc set. Plastic holders are actually a cheaper, less thoughtful way to go. They would also make the housing larger and that would take up more shelf space and increase the number of shipping boxes needed for store orders. This would cost customers more.
But it would also mean that the DVDs would not get scratched as easily, and that is much more thoughtful than saving a tiny bit of money IMHO:sympathy:. After all, if you save a few dollars but the discs won't play, that isn't really saving money is it?:cry:

I would have also preferred pictures on the covers (we know they have well over 20 hi-res cast photos) but these don't look like any bootlegs I've seen.
Not FR bootlegs, I mean bootleg series sets over all..I guess you have not seen that many then *lol*. I live in a poor town, I've seen more than my share (even if I don't buy them):coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
. After all, if you save a few dollars but the discs won't play, that isn't really saving money is it?
Certainly not. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But it would also mean that the DVDs would not get scratched as easily, and that is much more thoughtful than saving a tiny bit of money IMHO:sympathy:. After all, if you save a few dollars but the discs won't play, that isn't really saving money is it?:cry:
I don’t know of anyone who has had trouble with sleeves, but have known many a disc to get damaged in other ways. I believe the idea that the plastic shells protect the discs from scratching is a myth. I have a huge (yep, huge) collection of season and series sets. I have found the plastic internal snaps can actually do more harm to a disc than good. They can sometimes cause hairline cracks in a disc from difficulty in removal, they can wear the inside hole resulting in interference with some players and they can even cause large scratches on a disc when it comes loose in the case. The only real issues with sleeves are disc warping or possible reaction to the adhesive holding it together. Sleeves are actually more attractive and more environmentally friendly. Albums came in such sleeves for generations. Jewel boxes and plastic cases came for CDs and DVDs scratches became more prevalent on my media. Hit has done some upsetting things recently, but I see this as a good one. The one regret is that the box won't likely fit in with simpler shaped sets on the shelves. :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, I am looking after my daddy's record collection, so I guess they are okay. But I think scratches have a lot to do with discs being made cheaper to...My old Care Bear records could stand up to having a lot more done to them than any DVD IMHO. Now it seems like things become unplayable if you look at them wrong :frown:. Of course, I've heard of places that can fix them for you, but I don't know how good they are...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am looking after my daddy's record collection, so I guess they are okay. But I think scratches have a lot to do with discs being made cheaper to...My old Care Bear records could stand up to having a lot more done to them than any DVD IMHO. Now it seems like things become unplayable if you look at them wrong :frown:. Of course, I've heard of places that can fix them for you, but I don't know how good they are...
Discs are being made more cheaply in Mexico these days. It is not uncommon for reputable shows and companies to release defective discs. When purchasing a set it is best to keep the receipt and make sure all the discs and episodes play. 20th Century Fox has had its share of problems in this area. It has even been known to happen with Disney discs, but not often. Companies will usually send replacement discs or the stores will exchange the sets too. Players also vary – even the expensive ones. Not every disc plays on every player. This was also true for VHS machines back in the day. Nothing is made like it used to be in the days of albums. Analog albums actually have truer sound quality than digital CDs or MP3s. Those formats merely have a cleaner sound and lossless reproduction.

Anyway, this new box set does look nice, but is getting some scathing criticism on Amazon right now. Do we know for certain that certain materials *aren't* being included in the series set? I know there's a listing for some things that are included, but I haven't read official word of anything being excluded from the original season sets.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
To each his own. From my personal experience, the sleeves can get easily damaged, thus further damaging the disks.

Frogster

Reaction score
Frogboy... The coffee table book got pushed back, as well? This is just awesome. :rolleyes:

Frogster

Reaction score
Any chance that they have more-detailed looks as to what this entire box set is gonna look like? Not just the one at Amazon?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To each his own. From my personal experience, the sleeves can get easily damaged, thus further damaging the disks.
The actual sleeves encased in the binded enclosure cam get easily damaged? I don't see how that would happen from any of the sleeved sets I own. Two particularly nicely done recent sets with laminated sleeves that I own include the Gilmore Girls and AbFab. Beautiful treatments that are great testaments to the quality programs. There is a cheap stacking thing that Columbia Tristar is doing with its Soap and other series sets. That is not what Hit is doing. They are actually following the current more thoughtfully designed trend that other companies have been releasing. I just wish they were more thoughful in their strategy. :smirk:

Frogster said:
Any chance that they have more-detailed looks as to what this entire box set is gonna look like? Not just the one at Amazon?
www.henson.com has an image on their main page. Just click the Fraggle 20 disc set link on the left hand side of the interface. It's still not the best image, but there's more than what is listed on Amazon. Hope this helps.