1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Complete Box Set Amazon Sales Rank

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Wow, I just checked there again, and unless they get a SLEW of positive reviews after the release date, it's going to probably stay around 1 1/2 stars.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Like I said, anyone who reads them will know that they are ratings for the companies actions not the tv show IMHO :)
  3. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Roughly one week before release, the Complete Series Collection is barely in the top 10,000 (#9,940).

Season sets 1, 2 and 3 all outrank it at the moment...
  4. muppetwannabe

muppetwannabe New Member

I wish they were going to release season four. Does this mean that they never will and the people who already have the first three seasons are going to have to buy three they already have to get the 4th season? My problem is I just can't afford to spend $125.00 to get the complete series. :(
  5. bazooka_beak

^ We aren't aware of anything right now, as I believe it was mentioned somewhere that they didn't have it on their "to do" list. But I think with all this anger they're going to have to respond to it at some point.

Well, yeah, they should, since the seperate season sets have pretty high ratings themselves :)
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

And the general public knows how expensive DVDs are getting to be.
  7. Traveling Matt

No one really knows what's going to happen. Word will probably not come until well after the release of the Complete Collection on November 4th. If we're lucky, we may hear something by spring.

Here is the running thread on Season 4: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=36179
  8. heralde

Not sure if this was mentioned but the Henson podcast recently interviewed a few people about the set. The bonus features sound really really good. Plus it says a separate 4th issue is not out of the question. It's just not being discussed right now because they're working on the set first. So perhaps there's hope!

http://henson.com/podcast.php
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Currently at #1,222
  10. Traveling Matt

One day before release: #1,699.
  11. Traveling Matt

Morning of release day: #3,511.
  12. getup

getup New Member

nice to see that amazon lowered the price to what best buy has it on sale for this week. but, seeing that i hate waiting for things to ship, i bought mine at best buy today for the same price.
  13. Traveling Matt

Midday of release: #2,790.
  14. Traveling Matt

Evening of release day: #1,413.
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Down to #1,356!
  16. heralde

I'm going to wait and see how low the price goes down. :)
  17. bazooka_beak

Down to #858! :/
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I don't think that is so bad, given how many things there are on amazon :). And remember, that number does not count all the past support and high ratings of the past single season boxsets. If all those numbers were added in to show the love for the fraggles it would be at number one :excited:
  19. bazooka_beak

^ I know, I'm just worried that if it does too well, HIT will keep their stubborn stance on not bothering with the 4th season.

Now it's down to #778.
  20. Traveling Matt

Actually, the opposite is more likely true. If it doesn't do well, then we should worry. Franchises are thought of as brands, and if the "brand" doesn't sell, future items are at risk.

Now as for the ranking, I think those are pretty decent numbers considering this set is nearly three times the cost of a single season.

If it was $30-35 like the season sets, it would almost certainly rank higher.