1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Complete Box Set Amazon Sales Rank

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree more with this, lack of sales could lead to no future projects. And yes, I wouldn't expect any large box set to rank as high as a less expensive one.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It seems a bit silly to act as if this full series is a make or brake thing for getting a single season four when they already have seen how well the single sets sold before they put them into a big box and asked people to buy them again...It's not as if those good sales never happened IMHO:sympathy:.
  3. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Of course, and they continue to make money from ongoing sales of those individual seasons (which supports the brand).

Every situation is different, but generally a new item needs to sell well to allow for future releases.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

But the the thing is that most of the series set is not a new item, so it can't really be treated like something brand new and sparkly that they just released like something else might have:coy:. Like, if they were to make...I dunno, a new series of fraggle shorts, and it didn't sell, then that would be a reason to be afraid :o
  5. Traveling Matt

After two weeks, it's still hanging around the 1,000 mark. Currently at #1,111.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I hope they understand why this is. It's this sort of marketing cynicism that is killing profits for these products. Sure, there's some quick cash, but there would be more in the long run with current and future offerings if Hit and others would just be level with their customers. There seems to be this unfriendly "take it or leave it" sort of spirit with so many collector oriented companies these days. :sympathy:
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I know, just because we are collectors is no reason to think we can't be picky...Or at least want things to be made the right way. I mean if they treated us nicely they would see that we really are'nt the sort of people that find something wrong in things for no reason :(
  8. Traveling Matt

Actually, I was figuring it was selling pretty well. Especially when you consider it's $90 (compared to $30 for a season set).

Not only is it the collector's end of things, but HIT should consider how Fraggle consumers may also be present or future parents. People will remember incidents like this when choosing non-Henson titles down the line for their children.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Currently at #762!
  10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Bump!

It's at number #375!