Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm poor already, I don't need anymore perspective thank you *lol* :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm poor already, I don't need anymore perspective thank you *lol* :smile:
Me too, hehe. But it good to remember others have it worse and couldn't afford the original DVDs or much else.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty odd to release volume special edition sets, but then release the final set as an all encompassing package that already has the sets.
... One would *think* Fraggles Find Work and the animated episodes would be on them, as well as the mid 80's HBO vhs tape "Doozer Music"(which I remember finding some years back) ...
It seems they should release a Season 4 with the goodies that are exclusive to the set; don't they see that they'd be upsetting their niche fanbase?
Thank you for articulating exactly how I feel! As I said earlier on page 2:

That's SO annoying. All the hardcore fans were the ones pushing for the show on DVD in the first place. And we were the ones buying it for ourselves and friends in order to ensure that the next season was actually released, since HIT kept warning us that nothing was definite and it all depended on sales. So now that we all own the available boxsets in fear that they will be stolen away from us/ not be released, THEN they release an entire set with extras that AREN'T on the DVD'S? Too bad all the collectors (who entire series sets are geared for in the first place) who would be interested in those features already own the whole series.

Everyone else seems very excited, but to me it feels like a bit of a slap in the face. It will never happen, but in a dream world my season 4 box-set comes with a mail-order coupon for a DVD filled of the features that I was ripped off from having. :/

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't Panic!

I doubt that they'd merely release season four encased in a box series set. I don't know of any other series of DVDs that does that. That being said, they could release the box set before the single version of series four to stimulate sales of the special edition, but they'll likely come out around the same time. I betcha!

I am an avid DVD collector and don't see HIT doing anything different than other releases. Don't panic. No one will likely have to get the whole box set. If anything the season packaging will be limited edition numbered. That's just a guess. :coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know someone mentioned Netflix earlier. I don't know for sure of course, but I think they do have boxsets, but they have you order them individually by disk. That's how they deliver the Dog Whisperer set. So it's a possibility. Just have to see I guess!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I doubt that they'd merely release season four encased in a box series set. I don't know of any other series of DVDs that does that. That being said, they could release the box set before the single version of series four to stimulate sales of the special edition, but they'll likely come out around the same time. I betcha!

I am an avid DVD collector and don't see HIT doing anything different than other releases. Don't panic. No one will likely have to get the whole box set. If anything the season packaging will be limited edition numbered. That's just a guess. :coy:
Despite the e-mail I got, I think you may be right. No one releases complete series sets without the final season individually. Most studios release both at the same time. HIT, being a smaller studio with no TV-DVD experience except Fraggle, might be holding off.

Either that, or I may have simply been given the wrong information; that's happened before. Customer service has given different answers, depending on which contact method you use. This might not be any different.

I'll try to get more info...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Customer service has given different answers, depending on which contact method you use. This might not be any different.

I'll try to get more info...
That's true, not everyone is kept informed, so we'll just have to see if there are any updates. It may still be true, but it's just strange that they'd go against the trend of most season DVDs.

Well, if worse comes to worse, if I'm able to buy the box set, I'll probably try donating my old sets to my library! Hehe

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know someone mentioned Netflix earlier. I don't know for sure of course, but I think they do have boxsets, but they have you order them individually by disk. That's how they deliver the Dog Whisperer set. So it's a possibility. Just have to see I guess!
Someone? *is sad and forgotten*:cry:
Oh, I know, I've been a member since 2003:excited:. I just wonder if they would buy the whole boxset again to be able to rent out the 4th season :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Someone? *is sad and forgotten*:cry:
Oh, I know, I've been a member since 2003:excited:. I just wonder if they would buy the whole boxset again to be able to rent out the 4th season :embarrassed:
Ack sorry! I actually thought it was you, but I couldn't find it right away and then thought I was wrong, lol. I don't blame you for being annoyed, I've been referred to as "someone" many times, lol. Thanks for setting it straight!

Well that's a good question. If it were me in charge, I'd buy it again if it meant people would rent Season 4 individually. They'd still be getting money. ::Am going to pray tonight:: Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.