1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

All fans seem to want is a choice. As cool as the series set appears to be - nobody was asking for it. I was natural to assume HiT would continue the same strategy they started before considering a repackaged series. The way they are releasing this material dishonors the longtime supporters that have already made HiT a lot of money. Something appears to have changed in the company since they started with the releases.

I had every intention of passing on a season 4 and buying the box set, but now I am considering dragging my feet on buying this release and focus my Muppety dollar on something else for that financial quarter.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Hmm, maybe not..the complete set might not come with all the papers our single sets did:sympathy:...
    Money that means a lot in our budgets right now :(. I only have about two hundred dollars each month to spend on things after rent and bills, and basic food, and even then, that means living off of top ramen...many of the fans I know my age just don't have very much to spare :(
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I honestly don;t see why they didn't do that to begin with. Seems like they'd make season 4 come out to coincide with the film... And I have a sneaky suspicion that people who buy the complete series to begin with are gonna miss out on something epic on the single release. Personally, I think I'm gonna miss out on the cool extras that came with the volumes.. series bibles... note book reproductions... just for a poster...

I'd buy the complete series only because it's more financially solid to get them all at once, instead of paying 4 time 40 bucks...
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And even when we'd be old enough to retire, we'd probably still be paying off debts from higher education and whatnot. XD
  5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Might I remind everyone of what I said back on page 2 of this thread?

I am normally one of the most optimistic muppet fans, but I am truly upset by the news of no individual season 4.
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... wait, when was it announced that there was no season four dvd? Wasn't that just speculation based on the fact that the complete series was coming out? All TVonDVD says is that it's "on hold."

Personally, I can't wait for the complete series! It's a lot cheaper than it would have been to buy them individually (if you haven't already bought them). If you have already bought them, well... I'm probably gonna sell or donate mine.
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*whines* But I don't wanta sell ;.;! I'm attached to them..and the person I'm selling them to would get mad because I kept all the papers:scary: ;)
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... good point. ... Hmm. I'd have to donate them to the library, then, cuz I would deffinitely be keeping the extra stuff. is that greedy? :D I donated a copy of TMS season 2 to the library, and it's one of their most popular items. I like spreading Muppety joy. :)
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Pardon me for slightly going off topic (muffin monster). But I was just wondering what the thing is regarding the point that Seasons 4 and 5 were originally going to be combined as one and released as Season 4.
    So are they really two separate seasons or only one officially? If they are legitimately separate seasons I would prefer that they were released separately, or at least advertised as a combined fourth and fifth set, like I've seen some other box sets do sometimes.

Sorry if I seem a bit fussy. I just like to have specifically accurate identification of season division. ;)
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Marty, all the episodes were filmed at the same time and HBO originally showed them as tow different season when they were originally meant to be one, But the DVD box set is being released as just season 4.
  11. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Thank you William. If Jim and his Muppeteers originally intended them to be just one season, then from now on I shall recognize them all as part of season 4 myself.
  12. zns

zns Active Member

Having a positive attitude can help make a bad situation better, depending on how you look at it. :wisdom:
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Shows how much I know!

So, HBO's seasons 4 and 5 were really season 4 split up into 2 seasons? Gotcha. So, we only need one more box set for a complete series set that way.

The funny thing is that I'll still buy the complete season sets for the extra stuff even though I say I won't. I know me too well and my 'completeist' collection behavior.
  14. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I sincerely hope they release season 4 by itself - I already own all three sets released so far, and simply don't have the money to go and REBUY what I already have, just to get it finished off. Even if it's just speculation, I cannot believe a company could be so underhanded and cruel about this. I'm steaming, really.
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

You pretty much said exactly how I feel.
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I was sad and hurt and decided to buy it today and help the nice people of Australia and New Zealand ..HIT is off my Christmas card list this year :(. Next month I will buy something to play it on...If a single 4th season is made in the US I will buy it, but until then, I will be watching the 4th season ;).
  17. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Buying an "overseas" version is a good idea, Red :) I'll keep it in mind.
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but will it play when you get it?
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

The wonder of a region free DVD player *angels singing light from above sound*:D Which, even together with buying season 4 is less money than all the seasons together, plus it pays for itself many times over by letting me play any DVD in the world :D!
  20. Here's a link to the packaging for the Complete Series
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fraggle-Rock-The-Complete-Series/10340
    I have to say I was expecting something more this is just kind of blah!
    Good idea about buying the Australian Season 4 - I already have a region free DVD player. I wonder if next Christmas Hit will release the "Complete Complete Fraggle Rock" which will be seasons 1-4 and the Animated Series - it will have the same packaging as the Complete Series, but they will remove Mokey, poor Mokey! :coy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.