1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. We just feel we deserve something.
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I understand you and, believe me, I'm just as angry as you at the idea of possibly not getting Season 4. And I'm hoping a TON of people are contacting HIT right now with their concerns.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Here's to hoping.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

You know, I bet like JHC, SW, and DIZ that the HIT company is reading these forums, too. Regardless, you know we'll be buying the massive set for the extras that won't appear on the other sets.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Which could mean that the companies feel we're attacking them when we speak of all the negative things that've occured.
  6. Wow! I got the same e-mail verbatim. And I sent Hit a very nice e-mail praising them for the great job they have done with the previous sets and saying how much loyal fans like myself who have bought these sets faithfully every year would like to be given the option not have to buy 3 seasons we have already bought over again to get season 4. Instead of responding to my concerns they send a from letter stating "[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Great care was taken to create an exclusive, limited-time collector’s edition that pays tribute to Jim Henson and this visionary series." Yes, I'm sure it took great care to see they could screw all the people who had bought the first 3 sets over again - that took lots of thought. I feel like responding that if they wanted to pay tribute to Jim Henson they could start by respecting the fans. I'm just so mad - yes its great they are putting out the complete Fraggle Rock series, but even if I had the extra money (which I dont) I'm not buying it - I'll hold out for release or settle for an import. Eventually Hit may lose the rights to Fraggle Rock and another company could release it.[/FONT]
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

*sigh* I feel the same way, buddy.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I hope this doesn't mean the movie will be just as bad as HIT's choices.
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Why would everything we say about not just taking everything we're given with a smile and and thank you be seen as an attack:sympathy:? I think it just shows that we do have minds of our own and think one of our favorite shows is worth much more than just whatever they feel like giving us:excited:. If we did not love FR as much and buy the first boxsets to began with, we would not be making a fuss at all :coy:.

If I was in a company I think I would see a fuss about something like this as the sign of a dedicated fandom that it might be good to listen to, not an attack-.-
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

As much as I would agree with you, it has been my experience that most corporations now often only think of the bottom line (i.e. how much money a franchise can make & how complains can--sadly--demote a franchise).
  11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

How would it demote it if it is showing interest in buying something that it would take even less money to sell?:cry: In big amounts? :D
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I don't really know. It should be popular enough, honestly.
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*sigh* Don't worry I'm not mad at you..I'm just grumpy about this :mad:
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Don't worry. Most of us are just as upset as you are. HIT's promises end up failing, just like everything else these days.
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*gummble* It's so disheartening :(
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yes it is. Oh well...Such is life, I guess.
  17. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

You know, I don't really think we have much to worry about when all is said and done. There's a few scenerios I see that could play out.

1. HIT Entertainment does indeed release the complete series boxset on Nvember 4th as planned, but along with it they also release a stand alone Season 4 set. There will be special features compraible to the first three seasons, however, the series boxset will have some added material that is not available anywhere else. The catch on this particular scenerio is that the stand alone Season 4 will be released with absolutely no fanfare or promotion to it. They'll advertise the series boxset, but low and behold, Season 4 will pop out of nowhere along side it on the store shelf.

2. November 4th will see the release of the complete series box set, but no Season 4 to be found. However, a few weeks later, there it is, Season 4 as a stand alone set. This too, is released in the shadow of the complete series advertisements.

3. We'll get the series set this fall and the stand alone Season 4 will be released to coincide with the theatrical release of the movie.

I'll be buying both and will be pre-ordering both as soon as they're available on Amazon.com. I might have to sacrifice my Simpsons seasons DVDs to do it, but for the Fraggles, tis a worthy sacrifice to make. Besides, the daunting thought of having to buy 19+ seasons (I say having to buy because I'm a completionist when it comes to things such as this, so I HAVE to have the all) of any TV show kind of hurts to think about.

Personally, I see the first scenerio as the most likely. Why then, might you ask, would HIT not aknowledge the release of Season 4 as a stand alone set? Well, simply put, their hoping all us Fraggle fans will purchase the complete series set before seeing that Season 4 is available on it's own. That, or they know us Fraggle fans tend to be a little crazy and will purchase both the stand alone and complete series sets because one of them comes with a little something extra that you don't get in the other (I'm totally guilty on that one). Either way, when it comes right down to it, I firmly believe that we will eventually see a Season 4 stand alone, whether it's advertised beforhand or not. However, we might just have to wait a while (something which would be very ahrd to do knowing that it is available in the series set).
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

...And the AUS boxset with no extras ;)
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yeah. The Aussie fans got jipped, I think.
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It's better than no season four by itself though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.