1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

From the Makers of Muppet Monopoly...

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Monopoly Guy, Jul 2, 2003.

1. matleo

matleo Active Member

baaed on that info and the info abve, I would guess that Pops is the character BlueFrackle got. he'sa pretty high-profile muppet where as Lips and Nigel have kind of been abandoned over the years.

I would also guess that from Zack's list Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. teeth, Pepe, Johnny, Sal, Bobo, Crazy Harry Lew Zeland and Sweetums will be there. most of those are characters seen in :eek: Muppet Monopoly :eek: so we know MG already has access to shots of them. Bean, Clifford, Dr. Phil are not.

You know some time ago, I became very disappointed in Hensons' complete and total inability to do a good cast photo and slapped something togetehr on my computer. I'm farily certain I posted it over at Palisades. but it was my answer to that old 1000 piece puzzle. Not very good because my graphics program sucks, but I still like it and it comes up as the backgoround on my computer from time to time. right now, I can't find it, but if I do I'll post the link to it.

--Matt
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Will a better Kermit head be used than was used for the Monopoly board?
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Did you get the monopoly game? It's a little pricey for me right at this time, but I'm gonna get it.

So, WILL it be a better photo as Croe has asked? :confused:
  4. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

As a springboard for the new group shot I started out with the group shot that appeared on the Muppet Monopoly game board, so Kermit, Miss Piggy, The Swedish Chef, etc. all look on the puzzle the same way they did on the Monopoly game board. Sorry I don't have better news for you regarding the Kermit head. :(

As for the other Muppets appearing in the puzzle, I didn't want to use ALL the same Muppets as were in Muppet Monopoly, and some didn't fit for various reasons, so 2 of the Muppets matleo guessed will be in the puzzle actually aren't in it...and 2 of the ones he guessed wouldn't be, in fact, are. ;)
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

ok, substituion: I'm guessing Bean and Clifford are there and....Crazy Harry and Bobo are not.

Since we now know that the monpoly center pic is being used we can also expect on seeing th other usuals...Kerm, piggy, gonzo, Fozzie, Animal Statler, Waldorf, Sam, Chef, Rizzo, etc. as MG has confirmed and I would bet that Robin, Beau, Floyd, Janice, and Zoot are pretty safe bets too. hm...can't wait see who else makes the cut.
    Thanks for the confirmations and news, MG.
    --Matt
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooooh! Very cool. Is there any way you could replace Kermit and/or his head? The poser is kind of stiff. Either way I'm buying the puzzle! :)
  7. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

That's really too bad. It's an awfully ugly poser head that for some reason continues to be used on products.

The rest sounds great though :)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Scott, send him a good Kermit picture!! Maybe it's not too late to change the design just yet.
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

any muppet monsters? :(
  10. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Well, Danny recently wrote up a big gripe about it. I think a lot of fans have had this on their chest for years now. I know I have.

It's made pretty clear with his comparison shots just how drastic of a difference it is. I mean, the eye placement is all wrong and the shape of the head is tough to deal with.

http://toughpigs.com/journalposeur.htm

It would be really nice if "Monopoly Guy" could use a better photograph of Kermit for the Usaopoly products.
  11. Fozzie Bear

12. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Kev, he gets his stuff direct from Henson. He's not a lowly worker bee who has to scavange for good stuff like we do. He gets the Queen's honey straight from the source!
  13. matleo

matleo Active Member

hey MG,
    on a note similar to the Kermit conversation, what pics has henson sent you for floyd and Zoot. Are they the ones used over at muppets.com in the profiles (the same ones used on the Palisades toys)

http://www.muppets.com/profiles/floyd.htm
    http://www.muppets.com/profiles/zoot.htm
    The Zoot one isn't 'too' bad but that Floyd pic is just embarassing. it's like 25 years old and that puppet when he looked at his absolute worst!! there is no life in it!! You have a real opportunity here Monopoly Guy. Ask henson for a better pic of Floyd and ask if you can replace the head on that kermit pic with another. Currently Henson seems to have 'no scruples' when it comes ot altering the characters head in a pic and they seem to do it in a very embarassing way. You have a chance to change history here and set a new standard for their licensing department. the ancient Floyd and the 'new' kermit have to go. good luck with the puzzle.

--Matt
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

wow....wouldn't we all love that.....
  15. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

cool! Thanks for that info Monopoly Guy!!!

Puzzles are more fun when made with groups of people!!

hmm, Bobo wasn't in Muppet Monopoly either so it would be great to see him in this puzzle! Lips had a teeny tiny pic in the game on the EM stage spot.

I hope Sweetums is in the puzzle but i have a feeling he was one of the three on my list that won't be in it also Clifford and Bean Bunny as well.

I hope Beau is in it! I LOVE that pic of him in Muppet Monopoly!!!! I've never seen it before! anyone know where it's from? it would have been good for a bio of him on that Muppets.com webpage as well as if Palisades was still using real pics of the muppets for when his figure comes out. the Lew Zealand pic also would have been good on that bio web page as well, rather then Andy and Randy Pig, i know there is a Lew Zealand bio with that pic of him on line somewhere.
  16. Gerard

Gerard New Member

Is this puzzle going to be available in Australia?

if not I'll be :mad:
  17. Fozzie Bear

Hmm. In that case:

JHC, maybe you could check google.com??
    Try these searches:
    http://images.google.com/images?q=k...&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

(They obviously don't have a good resource in the company).
  18. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Haha, that could be true!

I mean, even this one is so much better than the screwy Kermit head...

http://scarecroe.com/files/1024x768_kermit_for_isha.jpg

The eyes are in focus and the head and face is more closely shaped to what it would look like with Steve's hand inside.
  19. Fozzie Bear

I always thought that WAS the puppet!!

It's the same picture Steve and Kermit autographed for me, and one of my all-time favorite pics!!
  20. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

I would be euphoric if we got Muppet Clue. In fact I would probably crap my pants. You see I have lots of Muppet stuff and I also collect Clue board games. I have Clue Museum caper and 6 or more different versions of regular Clue. I have video versions of clue from the 80's and all 3 USAopoly clue: Simpson's, Scooby Doo and Hitchcock. If I get muppet clue this would just be the clincher for me.