From the Makers of Muppet Monopoly...

matleo

Reaction score
Monopoly Guy said:
One of the 3 characters Warrick mentioned IS in the puzzle and, I think, all but 3 of the characters Zack mentioned are in it as well. :wink: I'll be giving the grand total # of Muppets in the puzzle soon.

[

baaed on that info and the info abve, I would guess that Pops is the character Warrick got. he'sa pretty high-profile muppet where as Lips and Nigel have kind of been abandoned over the years.

I would also guess that from Zack's list Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. teeth, Pepe, Johnny, Sal, Bobo, Crazy Harry Lew Zeland and Sweetums will be there. most of those are characters seen in :eek: Muppet Monopoly :eek: so we know MG already has access to shots of them. Bean, Clifford, Dr. Phil are not.

You know some time ago, I became very disappointed in Hensons' complete and total inability to do a good cast photo and slapped something togetehr on my computer. I'm farily certain I posted it over at Palisades. but it was my answer to that old 1000 piece puzzle. Not very good because my graphics program sucks, but I still like it and it comes up as the backgoround on my computer from time to time. right now, I can't find it, but if I do I'll post the link to it.

--Matt

scarecroe

Reaction score
Will a better Kermit head be used than was used for the Monopoly board?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Did you get the monopoly game? It's a little pricey for me right at this time, but I'm gonna get it.

So, WILL it be a better photo as Croe has asked? :confused:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
As a springboard for the new group shot I started out with the group shot that appeared on the Muppet Monopoly game board, so Kermit, Miss Piggy, The Swedish Chef, etc. all look on the puzzle the same way they did on the Monopoly game board. Sorry I don't have better news for you regarding the Kermit head. :frown:

As for the other Muppets appearing in the puzzle, I didn't want to use ALL the same Muppets as were in Muppet Monopoly, and some didn't fit for various reasons, so 2 of the Muppets matleo guessed will be in the puzzle actually aren't in it...and 2 of the ones he guessed wouldn't be, in fact, are. :wink:

matleo

Reaction score
Monopoly Guy said:
As for the other Muppets appearing in the puzzle, I didn't want to use ALL the same Muppets as were in Muppet Monopoly, and some didn't fit for various reasons, so 2 of the Muppets matleo guessed will be in the puzzle actually aren't in it...and 2 of the ones he guessed wouldn't be, in fact, are. :wink:
ok, substituion: I'm guessing Bean and Clifford are there and....Crazy Harry and Bobo are not.

Since we now know that the monpoly center pic is being used we can also expect on seeing th other usuals...Kerm, piggy, gonzo, Fozzie, Animal Statler, Waldorf, Sam, Chef, Rizzo, etc. as MG has confirmed and I would bet that Robin, Beau, Floyd, Janice, and Zoot are pretty safe bets too. hm...can't wait see who else makes the cut.
Thanks for the confirmations and news, MG.
--Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooh! Very cool. Is there any way you could replace Kermit and/or his head? The poser is kind of stiff. Either way I'm buying the puzzle! :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Monopoly Guy said:
so Kermit ... look on the puzzle the same way they did on the Monopoly game board.
That's really too bad. It's an awfully ugly poser head that for some reason continues to be used on products.

The rest sounds great though :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Scott, send him a good Kermit picture!! Maybe it's not too late to change the design just yet.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Scott, send him a good Kermit picture!! Maybe it's not too late to change the design just yet.
Well, Danny recently wrote up a big gripe about it. I think a lot of fans have had this on their chest for years now. I know I have.

It's made pretty clear with his comparison shots just how drastic of a difference it is. I mean, the eye placement is all wrong and the shape of the head is tough to deal with.

http://toughpigs.com/journalposeur.htm

It would be really nice if "Monopoly Guy" could use a better photograph of Kermit for the Usaopoly products.