Gonzo's Species

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
I can still hope and pray that the next Muppet film begins with Gonzo waking up from a horrible nightmare in which he discovered that he was born on another planet a la Bob Newhart... the concept that was done with Newhart's two shows, not that Newhart was born on another planet... not as far as I know :confused:
You Scott, are a visionary:smile: There isnt a single moment of MFS I consider canon...if thats canon than MCC and MTI is canon:rolleyes: But yeah, the writers really messed themselves up in so many parts...what a mess. Least Pepe stole the show.

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Don't forget about the MFS audio commentary with Gonzo, Rizzo, and Kermit. This gives some insight as to what was intended to be part of the film and what was "real" (at least in the Muppets world).
Heh, the MST3K-esque video commentary was so cool! Heck thats worth the purchase of the dvd alone!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
BTW. Does anyone else think the character of Luke Formage, or whatever his name is, would have been played better by say Robin Williams? That's who I pictured him as. I know Robin didn't play him but I I doubt people would have been annoyed with the character if he did.
I liked that character, but yeah Robin Williams or say even Jim Carrey (ok he's a bit more annoying) could have played it better. Obviously they don't have thebig bucks to pay these people though. Maybe they could have strung out the Fromage bit a little longer if they toned him down ...... and besides, all the instances of Gonzo saying 'Luke' etc give me the chance to do all cool windows startup wav files so i got Gonzo telling me how great i am in the mornings ......... beats the girlfriend !

:smirk:

P

Philip Kippel

Don't forget about Gonzo's origins in "The Great Santa Claus Switch".

Therefore, he can also be considered a frackle.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I don't know if something that old would tie in with everything. After all, Kermit wasn't originally a frog. :halo:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
You Scott, are a visionary. There isnt a single moment of MFS I consider canon...if thats canon than MCC and MTI is canon.
So......according to you, what IS canon? Just the stuff that happened on The Muppet Show? Because every movie told a different version of "The Muppets Story." Kermit himself said in TMM that isn't only "approximately" how it happened. TGMC would mean that Kermit and Fozzie are really brothers, and that no one met anyone until they were all in England. And MTM...would mean that Kermit and Piggy "really" got married, and they were all college students in the mid-1980's.

So you've really gotta pick and choose, eh?

:big_grin:

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well Quinn, ya gotta remember that in "Caper", Kermit said, "See, in this movie, Fozzie and I play investigative reporters..." (my emphasis), so it's rully a put-on "production".

:cool:

Personally, I believe TMM (they save themselves with the word "approximately"), and the Babies never existed (I just consider a Muppet inside-joke in MFC, like a puppet show they put on once).

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
:attitude:Honnestly, I'm getting sick of all these 'What is Gonzo?' arguments that allways resolve nothing.:attitude:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

No offense to anybody, but how could people not know what a cannon is? Those are used a lot on the Muppet Show. I really don't know how this is relevant to what we're talking about. :confused:

WiGgY

Reaction score
The muppet babies did exist! They just weren't all together at the same time. :stick_out_tongue:

I think the best way to solve this is with another muppet movie. Something that can bring all the muppets together, including sesame street and MT muppets. Something that is said to be the real story retold. Personally I think this is what REALLY happened.

Baby Kermit is born in the swamp and stays there until someone captures him and brings him to a tv studio. He then becomes part of the show Sam and Friends. He is too shy to talk, so he lip syncs. Rowlf starts out on a talk show, I forgot which one. Then one day Kermit gets over his shyness and starts up a small company. They make low budget movies based on fair tales such as the frog prince and Cinderella.

Now whle this is happening Scooter and his sister Skeeter live with Scooter's Uncle. Skeeter goes off to explore the amazon but Scooter decideds he wants to get into the music scene. He meets up with Dr. Teeth while on a coffee run. Dr. Teeth tells Scooter about his band and Scooter runs to his Unlce and asks for his own building. His uncle buys Scooter the church and Dr. Teeth and the EM and Scooter move in. Scooter finds an old bus in a junk yard and the band paints it while singing.

Now, Kermit decides he wants to get into television again. So, he and his friend Rowlf, who met at the Brown Durby in hollywood, decide the time has come to capture the minds of children with their own children's show. Sesame street is created. Rowlf plays and composes the music but is not seen. Kermit, wanting to inplant his image in the minds of children, decides to show up every now and then. All the muppets were found on a secret muppet island where felt and foam has come into contact with nuclear waste and have mutated with all kinds of DNA from animals, plants, and aliens.

Now, Kermit has stared sesame street for a while and he knows all those children he entertained were now adults. So, he decides to start the Muppet Show. He hires a muppet hunter to capture the entire muppet show cast from Muppet Island! But, Kermit is missing a theater and a band. Where does he go?

So, Fozzie and Kermit decide to drive day and night until they find themselves a band with a road manager who has a rich uncle. Before they find the band, however, Kermit and Fozzie run into Doc Hopper and we all know how that goes. Then, Kermit and Fozzie find the old church and invite the band to be on Kermit's show. Scooter sees a great opportunity and asks if Kermit has a place for his show. Scooter thinks Kermit will say yes and that he will have to start talking Kermit into renting the church, instead Kermit says no and this starts Scooter thinking.

Scooter calls up his uncle and asks for a theater. His uncle says that he can have a theater if he gives up the church. Scooter looks around and tells the band to pack it up. Now Scooter and Kermit go into business. All Kermit has to do is let Scooter do whatever he wants. :wink:

The muppet show is a hit and the muppets start making movies. The first one being the Muppet Movie. Of course Kermit can't let out the secret of Muppet Island (BTW, muppet actual is short for mutated puppet :big_grin: ). So, he makes up this whole stroy about traveling west and meeting all his friends. The only true part is the way he met the band, but it's so weird people think it's just part of the movie.

Every movie is total fiction after that except for the stuff that looks like it's unscripted. i.e. Kermit and Piggy fighting in GMC. Nothing on the muppet show is canon, nothing in TMM or TMTM or MCC or MTI or MFS or anything else is canon! Not even the parts of TMM where Kermit gives people the script is canon.

Now thats a weird story my friends! :big_grin: