Gonzo's Species

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've been working over in my head for years now to make there be a workable history of the Muppets characters, and because of Muppet Babies it just doesn't work out. I would have to completely delete that out because there were no mentions of his current Muppet friends in any swamp excerpts, they were in Piggy's fantasy anyhow, which denies them the reality of existence...it just doesn't work!

I don't think there'll ever really be a resolve about Gonzo because too many people believe differently.

F:concern:Z

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I always thought "Muppet Babies" to be a product of Miss Piggy's imagination, since she had the dream sequence in TMTM.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The muppet babies as a group could have been deleted except for that one part in MFC.

Lets say the muppet babies in MTM were a dream, which they were. That's all you would have to have worried about since the Muppet Babies TV show was a cartoon. Cartoons shouldn't count in the muppets timeline. But then there is MFC where they have a muppet baby home movie! What do we do now?

There is no way to work the muppet babies that were in MFC into a muppet history. I've tried to do it but it just doesn't work. That's why I say all movies and specials and shows are not canon at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
But then there is MFC where they have a muppet baby home movie! What do we do now? There is no way to work the muppet babies that were in MFC into a muppet history. I've tried to do it but it just doesn't work. That's why I say all movies and specials and shows are not canon at all.
Take it with a grain of salt, that's what I always do.

Watch the Simpsons, they do this sort of thing all the time.

NMed Flanders CANNOT be 65 years old. His parents were Beatniks, and they came up around 1955-1965 or so, so the oldest he could be IS 50.

Marge and Homer had like three different wedding stories (married in a cheap little chapple, wed in an emergency room, and another where they have a cake [the emergency room was because he ate the entire thing])

Not to mention all th other plots they screwed up and recall some times.

So Gonzo is an Alien ONLY in MFS, the Muppet Babies were a dream in MTM, a reality in the cartoon, and a reality in MFC.

Just don't let it get to you.

Heck, make up your own story if you want to.:wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

This is kind of a strange thread if you ask me. The main topic is :concern: 's species. But I've noticed some people talking about cannon balls. Then we're going into a discussion about the Simpsons. I'm getting a little confused trying to follow along.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Heck, make up your own story if you want to.:wink:
Actually I did, go back one page in this thread :stick_out_tongue:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wiggy, I liked your story! Like you and Fozzie, I've been working on a composite history of the Muppets that might someday see the light of day on this site. I think it's fun to discuss this kind of thing, but as has been noted, it's nothing to drive ourselves crazy about. As I've pointed out before, look at how many times the Warner Bros. cartoon people changed the story of how Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd met. Cartoon characters and puppets have very "fluid" life stories. :wink:

Koozebanian Foob (great name, BTW), your RPG idea sounds like a lot of fun. Just to sum up the answer to your question: Gonzo's species is never identified in MFS, which IMHO is one of the main problems with the movie. The whole film is supposed to be about finding out who he is and where he came from...and at the end, we don't know any more than what we did after the first 5 minutes of the movie (that he's an alien). Either don't bring up the story at all, or if you're going to go there, let us find out something. Instead, we got a complete anticlimax.

So, you can call :concern: either a Frackle, a Whatever or a Weirdo. :smirk:

Incidentally, I don't know if this bit of info helps at all or not, but the head alien was referred to as the Uber-Gonzo in the credits.

Can't wait for your RPG. Let us know when it's ready!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I liked your story, Wiggy, but it really doesn't explain much about :concern: 's species. Maybe you could add some more details.

JFP

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
The muppet babies did exist! They just weren't all together at the same time. :stick_out_tongue:

I think the best way to solve this is with another muppet movie. Something that can bring all the muppets together, including sesame street and MT muppets. Something that is said to be the real story retold. Personally I think this is what REALLY happened.

Baby Kermit is born in the swamp and stays there until someone captures him and brings him to a tv studio. He then becomes part of the show Sam and Friends. He is too shy to talk, so he lip syncs. Rowlf starts out on a talk show, I forgot which one. Then one day Kermit gets over his shyness and starts up a small company. They make low budget movies based on fair tales such as the frog prince and Cinderella.

Now whle this is happening Scooter and his sister Skeeter live with Scooter's Uncle. Skeeter goes off to explore the amazon but Scooter decideds he wants to get into the music scene. He meets up with Dr. Teeth while on a coffee run. Dr. Teeth tells Scooter about his band and Scooter runs to his Unlce and asks for his own building. His uncle buys Scooter the church and Dr. Teeth and the EM and Scooter move in. Scooter finds an old bus in a junk yard and the band paints it while singing.

Now, Kermit decides he wants to get into television again. So, he and his friend Rowlf, who met at the Brown Durby in hollywood, decide the time has come to capture the minds of children with their own children's show. Sesame street is created. Rowlf plays and composes the music but is not seen. Kermit, wanting to inplant his image in the minds of children, decides to show up every now and then. All the muppets were found on a secret muppet island where felt and foam has come into contact with nuclear waste and have mutated with all kinds of DNA from animals, plants, and aliens.

Now, Kermit has stared sesame street for a while and he knows all those children he entertained were now adults. So, he decides to start the Muppet Show. He hires a muppet hunter to capture the entire muppet show cast from Muppet Island! But, Kermit is missing a theater and a band. Where does he go?

So, Fozzie and Kermit decide to drive day and night until they find themselves a band with a road manager who has a rich uncle. Before they find the band, however, Kermit and Fozzie run into Doc Hopper and we all know how that goes. Then, Kermit and Fozzie find the old church and invite the band to be on Kermit's show. Scooter sees a great opportunity and asks if Kermit has a place for his show. Scooter thinks Kermit will say yes and that he will have to start talking Kermit into renting the church, instead Kermit says no and this starts Scooter thinking.

Scooter calls up his uncle and asks for a theater. His uncle says that he can have a theater if he gives up the church. Scooter looks around and tells the band to pack it up. Now Scooter and Kermit go into business. All Kermit has to do is let Scooter do whatever he wants. :wink:

The muppet show is a hit and the muppets start making movies. The first one being the Muppet Movie. Of course Kermit can't let out the secret of Muppet Island (BTW, muppet actual is short for mutated puppet :big_grin: ). So, he makes up this whole stroy about traveling west and meeting all his friends. The only true part is the way he met the band, but it's so weird people think it's just part of the movie.

Every movie is total fiction after that except for the stuff that looks like it's unscripted. i.e. Kermit and Piggy fighting in GMC. Nothing on the muppet show is canon, nothing in TMM or TMTM or MCC or MTI or MFS or anything else is canon! Not even the parts of TMM where Kermit gives people the script is canon.

Now thats a weird story my friends! :big_grin:
I liked it up untill "They make low budget movies based on fair tales such as the frog prince and Cinderella." those were T.V. specials, NOT movies! The part about Scooter, Skeeter, their uncle and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Teeth was cool, but that Muppet Island is too weird for me. I'd just prefer "Muppets from Space" and all the T.V. shows and specials, plus "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas" to canon.