1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Gonzo's Species

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Koozbanian Foob, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Actually, Dr. Tooth and Daffyfan, I loved MCC, and my least favorite of the post-Jim movies was Treasure Island. I felt the novelty of seeing them act out a novel was gone, I missed Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie being in central roles (not as much of a problem for me in MCC, because at that time it was a change of pace).

But that's just my opinion. :) I haven't seen that one since it was in the theaters, and I hope to check it out again now that it's on DVD.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

MTI is good, MFS and KSY are not.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

They should have had a "Muppet Movie" seperating MCC and MTI, even if it were MFS because we NEEDED Kermit, not Captain Smollett--and in reality, we didn't need him as Bob Cratchit, either.

Still, I think both films were done to ease us into Steve's Kermit ,as were the albums Unpigged and Beach Party.

Personally, I liked MFS and KSY, but I feel that on a few levels KSY throws some of the chronology of the Muppets story out of whack.

One of the things is that young Kermit is found by young Jim Henson, who is inspired to create Kermit whose life we are currently viewing on the screen, which means in an alternate universe there's another Kermit ??? I appreciate the call for sentimentality there, but c'mon! If you're writing something that is supposed to be history, don't change the history!

Okay, that's my KSY complaint.
  4. Beauregard

MY KSY COMPLAIT:

Ahm,

Needs better puppets, better script writing, more and better songs, better...
  5. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Here we go...

It starts out simply as an argument about what we think Gonzo is, but soon gets into everything JHC has done wrong lately. Before long, we're tearing the very company we love into peices.

:rolleyes: :attitude:
  6. Beauregard

*crashes to knees*

SORRY. I am soooo sorry.

Please forgive me Henson's.

Seriously yes, I know they are having troubles at present.
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

we're going to have to kick all you nitpickers off the board!

haha

Sarah
  8. Beauregard

I shall return in disguise!!!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Nitpickin'...

Doozer Knitting Song

Performed by: The Doozers

It's neat and it's sweet.
    It's a ding dong treat,
    Knittin' socks for little feet.
    Just sittin' with your knittin' all day long.

You know, knittin's friendly,
    And knittin's fun.
    Knittin's good for everyone,
    And that is why we sing this knittin' song.

Well it's knit one pearl two.
    What's a Doozer gonna do,
    With a gol-darn,
    Ball of yarn?
    It's stitch three drop four.
    Pitch that knittin' out the door right now.

There's a green, there's a red.
    There's a knot in my thread.
    A knitter needs his noggin read,
    So don't come 'round and speak to me of yarn.

You can k-nit all day and k-nothin' fits.
    'Cause only k-nitwits like to k-nit,
    And k-nittin' k-needles just ain't worth a darn.

Well it's knit one pearl two.
    What's a Doozer gonna do,
    With a gol-darn,
    Ball of yarn?
    It's stitch three drop four.
    Pitch that knittin' out the door right now
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I'm not sure that's what she meant.....
    And for the record, I liked MCC and MFS, but not KSY or MTI that much. But, hey, I'm a Muppet fan! I ain't too picky!!! I take my Muppets where I can get 'em!!! (For the most part.)
  11. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

Hey! We have different kinds of people on earth.......WHat if Gonzo's from Koozbain? It's just a theroy, but they have so many different spieces on Koozbain, like the spooble and the foob and the fazoos, why not Gonzos?
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

That's an interesting idea. Dirth Nader was on Koozebain and he's Gonzo. The only thing is A) Most Koozebanians are red and B) Even though Kermit has been to Koozebain many times, he's never interviewed another Gonzo. Maybe Gonzo's race left Koozebain many many years ago and some how became blue and purple! :concern:
  13. Fozzie Bear

What a great idea! Koozebane is the home planet! The Frackles must all be from there, and I would guess that they live on the OTHER side of the mountain range we see in the Koozebane Skits!

Yessir, I think this works. It works for me.
  14. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

maybe they should have said where gonzo came from and what his alien species name is called.......guess the writers didn't want to get into details..shame for shame...

ryan
  15. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think the movie would have been better if some how they all actually went to the planet. A tour of the Gonzo world would have been cool. Instead they went the "captured by the government" route with a short introduction of Gonzo's species at the end. Very anti-climactic.
  16. snooch2thebooch

snooch2thebooch New Member

While all of you are trying to decide if hes an alien or not, can one of you tell me what the name of the planet he is from is called?
  17. Fozzie Bear

Koozebane? I don't think it was ever mentioned where his species is from!!

Good question. Frackle Galaxy?
  18. jediX

jediX Active Member

I doubt ALL Muppet aliens are from Koozebane...
  19. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Nobody knows. That's one of the many, many problems with MFS: the whole movie is supposed to be about finding out where Gonzo is from. In the end, we learn...he's from space. Which is what we knew from the title of the film anyway.
  20. Fozzie Bear

I just always figured (since MFS) that maybe all Frackles (which Gonzo was before he became a whatever, and I think he was named Snerf {?}) came from a different planet, i just threw Koozebane out there for the heckuvit.

Dunno what the Frackle Planet would be called.

Here's what I'm emailing out tonight:
    Jerry Juhl, Joey Mazzarino, or Ken Kaufman:

Over at MuppetCentral.com we're having a discussion as to where Gonzo came FROM. We now know he is an alien, but where did he come FROM?

On another note, he was originally a Frackle, so does this mean that all Frackles then come from another planet, or whether they are earth oddities or space oddities they all fall under the term "Frackle?"

Can you help?

Kevin L. Williams
    Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com