Gonzo's Species

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, we're all aliens to somebody.:concern:

The universe can't all be on the same planet...

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
hmmm

Gonzo is (and will be) forever in my mind, a whatever. I once saw this thing (I was really little, so I can't remember what it was), that had Kermit, Piggy, and Gonzo, in seperate boxes. They were all labled. Kermit's :smile: said "FROG". Piggy's :mad: said "PIG". Gonzo's :concern: said "WHATEVER".

What was that from?:excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
TMTM and it was Fozzie not Piggy in the other box.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
And he was always called a whatever because they didn't know for sure what he was, which makes him 'alien' to whoever doesn't know what he is.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, that was from Great Muppet Caper, not Muppets Take Manhattan.

I do find it funny how many times they've referenced Gonzo as an alien. Not only in the Pigs in Space game (very cool, though I've seen it before), but also all the times he's played Darth Nadar, plus the aforementioned gazing into the stars singing "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" in The Muppet Movie.

I think Gonzo as an alien could have worked, but the execution was just all wrong.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
I think Gonzo as an alien could have worked, but the execution was just all wrong.
Well put!:concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

Yeah, the movie could have been better, I mean, they needed original songs or less Jeffery Tambor. I liked MFS, but it pails in comparison to TMM-TMTM. I liked it more than I liked MCC, though.

Of course, alien doesn't necessarily apply to outer space. Gonzo could be an alien, if he came from the former Communist government of Gonzavakia.

Of course, that's just a stupid little jokey!:concern:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I know what you mean. The post-Henson films are sort of weak compared to the originals. Well, except for "Treasure Island." That one was a classic!