Gonzo's Species

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
The muppet babies as a group could have been deleted except for that one part in MFC.
They could still be deleted. Maybe they were puppets the Muppets made as a silly joke, and filmed it, and since they didn't know each other as babies, this makes 'em feel nice and warm an' fuzzy at holidays when they play the "home movie".

This way it's an inside joke among them, but the audience isn't rully tuned in.

:wink:

Or, Scooter could have meant he rully did have the actual first Christmas they Muppets spent together, but somebody switched the reels as a joke, so they just went along with their "puppet show" cause it was a sweet project they all did.

:crazy:

This is what happens when you're too creative and you don't accept the babies at all as canon. lol

And as far as this whole "canon" thing goes, I think we're falsely usin' the word here. I mean, when you say, " ____ is my favorite song in the entire Muppet canon", it's supposed to mean any song from any Muppet production ever.

They use that word a lot in Disney encyclopedias. "_______ is the funniest character in the entire Disney canon." They mean every character ever created from Oswald the Lucky Rabbit up to Lilo and Stitch (the most recent at this time).

I think there's a different word we mean when we wanna leave out certain JHC aspects or Muppet productions, but I ain't sure what it is... :confused:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by JFP
I liked it up untill "They make low budget movies based on fair tales such as the frog prince and Cinderella." those were T.V. specials, NOT movies! The part about Scooter, Skeeter, their uncle and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Teeth was cool, but that Muppet Island is too weird for me. I'd just prefer "Muppets from Space" and all the T.V. shows and specials, plus "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas" to canon.
Well I didn't know what they were really. I wasn't alive at the time and only saw the frog prince once when I was very small. :big_grin: And Muppet Island was just a really easy way to sum up the entire muppet cast :big_grin: . If I spent more time on it I'm sure I could come up with a much more logical solution. Also, the story wasn't really meant to explain Gonzo, it was meant to say how no muppet movie or show or special is canon, or whatever the real word is. :big_grin:

And I just realized I left out Pepe and basically all of Muppet Tonight! AH! Must rewrite.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

And as far as this whole "canon" thing goes, I think we're falsely usin' the word here. I mean, when you say, " ____ is my favorite song in the entire Muppet canon", it's supposed to mean any song from any Muppet production ever.
Oh, I get it. The term 'canon' means sort of a collection. I thought you all were talking about cannon balls or something like that. Why didn't anybody say so in the first place? I was wondering why it looked like so many people were mispelling the word. I understand now. :halo:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Honestly, Daffyfan, the reason why no one responded to your comments on this was because we all thought you were joking. It sounded like a Fozzie pun. :embarrassed:

Yes, "canon" means that which is considered unarguably accurate and true. The books of the Bible are considered canon by Bible scholars; a book not already part of Scripture would be considered acrophya (highly suspect). In the entertainment world, this has become a commonly used word as well. For instance, the Star Wars movies are canon; the novels and comics are not (though they're more consistent than the movie prequels, IMHO). So in this conversation, TMM and TMS are both (mostly) canon, even though they occasionally contradict each other slightly, and Muppet Babies are not canon -- they're the "apocrophya" of the Muppet universe.

Read this whole thread again. I'm sure you'll find it makes a whole lot more sense now. :zany:

BTW, love your new signature. Very touching.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks. Actually, I'm sort of busy today, but I'll look at this thread some more when I have more time.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Ummm

It is called "WHAT EVER" it make sence if you tink about it

CousinLuke

Reaction score
if thats canon than MCC and MTI is canon
The difference between MCC/MTI and MFS is in the Disney movies they were playing characters other than themselves. A better analogy would be MTM because they play themselves but the movie is probably not cannon. However,unfortunatly, based on other cannon discussions I feel that unless they do something where Gonzo finds out that being an alien was all a dream, Gonzo is an alien based on the MFS commetary.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, MFS isn't the first time "ALien Gonzo" came up. There was a videogame made for ATAri (Pigs In Space www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/games.shtml you have to scroll down a bit!) in which Gonzo was of an alien race called the "Gonzoids"

Of course, that has a bout as much credability as comic strip doodle that a Muppeteer drew on a bar room napkin, but I just wanted to bring that up!:rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dragon Ball Z (1984)
Kermit's Electronic Story Maker

This software is for the Commodore 64. In this game, you can write stories from the words in the included book, and then watch as it is animated on the computer screen. You are in control of the story. Even if you want Miss Piggy to fly to the moon on a banana or Kermit bouncing on a hippo in the city, your stories can come to life before your very eyes.

Where do I get this from!!! Or the Pigs in Space one, does any one have these?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think if one just considers the fact that MFS is NOT the first and only "Gonzo is alien" event, now including video games from the past, TMM, Kermit Unpigged where he sings about Mr. Spaceman and wanting to go...he's always had a fascination with the stars and space, and it all points to the sad fact that he is--and other frackles as far as I can suggest are--an alien!!

There's nothing wrong with any of that. Muley the Mule is alien, too (sort of).