1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Guest stars you want on the New Muppet Show

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Barry Lee, Mar 30, 2003.

1. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I would also like to see Zack...um..his last name starts with "B" but I can't remember it....who I mean is J.D from Scrubs.
  2. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

it's zach braff....he or the whole cast of scrubs would fit in nicely on the muppet show..

ryan
  3. electricmayhem

Ah yes, thank you! I agree, I think that would be great for them to be on it...for more than the little clip in VMMCM:D
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Me? You'd like to see me on the new Muppet Show?!?!? COOL! cause i'll LOVE to be on the new Muppet Show!!!!:excited:

Oh and by the way my last name starts with an, H;)

Oh him....zach braff:rolleyes: i thought you met me! Just Kidding:zany:

zack)Rowlf the, We should all bow down to Sarah, Dog.
  5. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Awww....I'D wanna see you on the new Muppet Show, Zack!!!!
    Heck, I'd wanna BE on the new Muppet Show!!!!
  6. electricmayhem

Oh...um..yeah! That's what I meant...um.....I gotta go.

:D
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

you know if walter matthau and jack leemon were still around, they would be great together in the new muppet show..

ryan
  8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

YOU SAID IT!!! Yes! I was just thinking about this at work a few days ago, we have been talking about the Dennis the Mennis movie and have been repeating quotes from it....

George: " Ohhh Gunther!! I''ve got your father on the phone, he says he want's to take you to the ICE CREAM store!

Gunther: *GASPS, then runs home*

Martha: Oh George, now he's going to be so disipointed when he gets home.

George: Life's full of disipointment's Martha....

LOL! We have a guy at the pizza place with the name "Gunther" so we've been teazing him with the name and when calling him we go " Ohhh Gunther!!!

Walter Matthau was a great actor, i miss him as the same for Jack Lemon :cry: :sympathy:

Zack) Rowlf the, He wants to take you to thee Ice cream store!!!.... okay! sorry! ...We should all bow down to Sarah, ya know this get's kinda hard after a while;) Dog.
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it would be awesome if they had a fan on every week

Sarah
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

How about...

*Linkin Park
    *Green Day
    *Rowan Atkinson
    *New Found Glory
    *Yellowcard
    *Evanescence
    *Eric Idle
    *Tom Green(I'd love to see him do his "Bum" song)
    *Coheed and Cambria
    *Simon Cowell-he could be in the balcony with Statler and Waldorf
    *Sugarcult
    *Bowling for Soup
    *Ozzy Osbourne
    *Queen Latifah
    *Mike Myers
    *Jim Carrey
    *Jimmy Eat World
    *Papa Roach--singing with...a roach(of course!)
    *Christopher Lloyd
    *Sum 41
    *Blink 182
    *Tom Hanks
    *Incubus-interacting with a bunch of talking cubes

...and that's all I can think of.
  11. LadyHyde

LadyHyde New Member

Those are prolly the best choices. Queen Latifah is going to be in "Muppet Wizard of OZ" as Aunt Em, and Ozzy's performed with the Muppets a few times. ("Born to Be Wild" with Miss Piggy, appearing with Kermit at Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.)

Well, I wrote outlines for most of the people from "Van Helsing"...except I just couldn't think of a plotline for Shuler Hensley. (He was in the broadway revival of "Oklahoma!" as well...I just want to see him and Kermit duet on "The Ballad of Judd Fry"...my favorite part of the musical)

On the subject of other musical actors, I would like to see Kristin Chenowith (I know she's also on Sesame Street) and Patrick Wilson. (Also in "Oklahoma" and the movie version of "Phantom")
  12. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

How about Courtney thorne-smith? :flirt:
  13. Jenny

Jenny New Member

HI, :) I would like to see :
    Norman Reedus
    Johnny Depp
    Orlando Bloom
    U2
    That would be cool !
  14. Billy Joel would be awsome!!! musical guest are always cool
  15. also Drew Carey would be nice :flirt: :flirt:
  16. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I always thought "Weird Al" Yankovic would be a cool guy to see with the Muppets.
  17. Gonzo's Goof

Gonzo's Goof New Member

Ok have to say those that I would like to see; well first I have to think of the Muppet Show. I don't know of any full bands that have ever done the show single artist yes, but not a group. The only groups I know were performance artists, and then the Star Wars episode what was more around Mark Hamil. I don't know what they did with Muppets Tonight I wasn't a fan of that series at all. Also we need to have some more unique performance groups again; I would hope some of the shows they would do would be from people we never heard of or up and coming artists.

Weird Al
    Wayne Brady
    Will Smith
    Ant
    Nicole Kidman
    Eddie Murphy
    Blue Man Group (I know more then one but again they are a performance art group)
    Steve Irwin
    Gwen Steffani
    Queen Latifah
    Seth Green (I am for sure he would do it, says it was SS that got him into acting)
    Cyndi Lauper (with her new style of singing more of a classic style)
    Eric Idle
    Christopher Watkins
    Stump (again performance art)
    Tim Allen
    Shania Twain
    Olsen Twins (though they say they want to work on separate stuff, the show could be them each doing their own skits and singing alone, the other not knowing they are there, and at the end a duet surprise.)
    Xizbit

Sadly I know one for sure that will be on it, but don't want them Jessica Simpson. The only way that be a good show if it Crazy Harry blew her up.

Gonzo's Goof :concern:
  18. ScooterRocks

ScooterRocks New Member

How about SHREK???????????? :)
  19. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Alanis Morissette
    Avril Lavigne
    Reese Witherspoon
    Angelina Jolie
    Will Smith
    Ewan McGregor
    Yoda
    Cher
    John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John (the muppets would handle that great!)
    Nicole Kidman
    Tom Hanks
    Catherine Zeta Jones
    Renee Zellwegger
    Hugh Grant
    Jack Black
    Will Young
    Anne Robinson
    The Friends Cast (either together or seperately)
    Debra Messing (Grace from W&G)
    Ben Stiller
    Jim Carrey (TMS- Ultimate Outline!)
    Robin Williams
    Puppet versions of The Simpsons
    Bert and Ernie
    Bear and Tutter (and Ojo- I guess! :rolleyes: )
    Britney Spears
    Justin Timberlake

...and so on!
  20. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I've got a pretty long list, but here are some celebs that I really would have liked to have seen on TMS:

Robert Morse: He originated the role of J. Pierrpont Finch in the Broadway version of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and reprised the role for the film version. He's done some other work in musicals such as Sugar and portrayed Truman Capote in the one-man show Tru, and in recent years has done a bunch of cartoon voiceover work including some of those Rankin/Bass holiday specials.

Roddy McDowall: Roddy was no stranger to television during the Muppet Show's run; he was one of the stars on the short-lived Planet of the Apes television series and he guest starred on the Carol Burnett show on several occasions. Although better known for his dramatic roles, Roddy was a decent comic actor and probably would have been able to pull off an appearance on TMS very well. I could definately see his talent for accents being utilized.

Tom Baker: The fourth incarnation of the Doctor on Doctor Who. His run as the Doctor coincided very closely to the Muppet Show's series run; he was on two years longer (1974 - 1980). I could see a TMS episode with Tom going with Tom as himself as the guest or with the Doctor being mistaken for Tom and going on in his place.

Vicki Lawrence: Not much to say here except I can see Mama popping up in a sketch somewhere, can't you?

-Kim