1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well for him, it's no more unusual than Santa Claus. ;)

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Here's a clip from the 1989 Real Ghostbusters' prime time Halloween special, The Halloween Door. This special was pretty out there, the Ghostbusters actually perform a musical number in tribute to Halloween (and yes, those are the real voice actors singing, lol):

Great message in the special too, about how we use Halloween to help children not to be scared of monsters and ghosts (this was in direct response to parents' groups at the time objecting to the holiday as "too scary" or even "Satanic"). One the best lines in the episode, "The first rule of the fanatic. When you become obsessed with the enemy...you become the enemy!" (Sometimes the GB fanbase might want to keep in mind going forward, hehe).

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And the fact that the Easter Beagle really was a thing.

Then again, Linus is also the wisest, most well adjusted of the group, provided no one takes his blanket away. Then he usually loses it, even getting violent at Snoopy from time to time when he takes it.

I'd like to think that even though that was made in the Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters era, it's one of the best episodes of the series. I especially liked the bit where Slimer dressed up as Venkman and disgusts his date. Leading of course to the classic exchange "Slimer! You're dead!" "Good Observation, Peter."

heralde likes this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Looks like The Splat is uploading full episodes of "Are you Afraid of the Dark" this week:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Awesome! I love that show.

6. Pig's Laundry

Maybe they'll upload some episodes of "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters!" this month too. I hope they do, so we can finally get an official upload that probably won't get taken down by Viacom robots. Also, I don't have any of the seasons on DVD so...

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, seriously, is Comcast even going play any of the original RHP songs, or do we have to suffer with only the GLEE covers? Because I've yet to hear any of the RHP originals this year.

Then again, their playlist seems to be more limited this year than in years past.

8. Drtooth

C to the J likes this.
  9. C to the J

C to the J Active Member

I, too, am looking forward to it! And once again, the silhouettes make it hard for us to make out the costumes. We all know Strong Bad will be dressed like someone else, though.

10. D'Snowth

The only RHP original they've played this year has been "Over at the Frankenstein Place," which is hardly one of the better songs of the soundtrack.

11. Pig's Laundry

So, um. I saw something really odd today:

That's right, a "Munsters" autotune "rock opera" special. This is an actual thing that aired on TV. It's basically as bad as it sounds.

12. D'Snowth

That's one of the worst examples of autotune I've ever heard - it's like they tried to Jersey the show up!

(Reference for those who don't get it):

13. Pig's Laundry

Wow, I guess if you can make money off a rubber band, you can make money off anything. Why haven't we all created our own products yet?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  14. D'Snowth

I actually had an idea for an invention: they always tell you to use microfiber cloth to clean glasses, because if you use anything else (say, paper towels, toilet paper, or any material that originated from wood), you risk damaging and scratching the lenses. That's all well and good, but sometimes it's difficult to clean the area of your lenses right underneath where the nosepieces protrude out, so I had an idea: microfiber swabs! For easier cleaning underneath the nosepieces! But apparently, that's already been invented, so, there goes that idea, lol.

And in all seriousness? I've been seeing these sponges in the cleaning aisle at the stores that have smiley faces cut into them? I heartell those had to be invented, and were actually featured on that SHARKTANK show or whatever it's called.

15. Drtooth

I'd make a joke about the animated "movie" cartoon pilot, but it's actually not too bad. I posted it in another thread, but here it is in condensed to half hour form.

Other than the condensation to fit the time slot, it's not horrible, especially from the 70's. But you know if this thing made it to series, it would just be the teenagers and Herman and Grandpa would barely be in it.

16. D'Snowth

Of course Al Lewis would be the only one reprising his role from the original series - he so loved being Grandpa and would exploit it any chance he got, as we've seen here:

scooterfan360 likes this.
  17. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

speaking of grandpa, don't you think that the actor who played the late night scary movie host in gremlins 2 the new batch, is the spiting image of AL Lewis ? i swear, if they did a made for TV movie, about behind the scenes of the monsters , he would have fit the part of AL Lewis.

18. Pig's Laundry

Well, today's the day and honestly, the anticipation for Halloween has been so much fun, i'm actually a little sad that the day is actually here.

MikaelaMuppet and Flaky Pudding like this.
  19. D'Snowth

I know how you feel, once it becomes October, I usually can't wait for this day to arrive (slightly OT, but it's certainly one of my favorite days for my SST scale model), but now that it's finally here, it will only be a matter of time before it's all over, so I kind of hope the day will pass super slow today.

On the other hand, come tomorrow, it will be kind of nice to take a breather from heavy holiday decor for about a month till December (not to say I don't have any Thanksgiving decor, it's just not nearly as abundent as the Halloween and Christmas decor I have).

20. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

It's 7:30 pm Eastern Time, and we only got a handful of trick or treater's. One vampire, two Ninja Turtles, not one princess.
    Last year when Halloween was on a Saturday, they were coming in droves. This year, the weather is nice, but hardly anybody.

Here's what I'll do. I got three bags of M&M's, a bag each of Milky Way and Snickers, and white chocolate Kit Kat's. Next kid who comes to the door, winner take all. Like hitting the lottery. Fill up your Halloween bag with enough sugar to put you into a rush until Christmas.
    Anybody that comes after him? Them's the breaks. You snooze, you lose.