1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Wait - you met Katie Holmes (or Nicole Kidman?) AND JOHN TRAVOLTA? I'VE LIVED IN CALI MY WHOLE LIFE AND NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE! HECK, WE GET MOVIE STARS IN MY CITY ON A REGULAR BASIS! CARLOS SANTA OWN A RESTAURANT JUST DOWN THE STREET! ....... John Travolta! Wow... I am forever jealous of you.
  2. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Now, is Carlos Santa related to Carlos Santana, by any chance?:p

I keed, I keed...

Anyway, John Travolta is one of the nicest celebs, from what I've read. That was proven to me when I got his autograph. I snail-mailed him a letter (in other words, actually dropped a typed letter with his address in it into the mailbox, rather than e-mail). I just wrote how I enjoyed his work in films such as Saturday Night Fever, Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Broken Arrow, Face/Off and my favorite film of his, Brian De Palma's Blow Out, which is still criminally underrated. I didn't even request an autograph. And I don't normally write celebs. But something made me write to Travolta.

Anyway, less than two weeks after I sent my letter out, I get a beautifully hand-written envelope with my name and address written on it. Inside is a cool, glossy black and white photo of John, with his name scrawled on it in blue ink. I certainly wasn't expecting anything in return! I framed the photo, and even slipped the envelope into the frame. Very cool!

We're kinda star-struck hicks out here where I live. Whenever someone famous comes to town (usually in New Haven), the city is mobbed. Downtown New Haven was pandemonium when Spielberg, Harrison Ford and co. shot some stuff for the new Indy film here this past summer. And Robert De Niro was here a couple of weeks ago for a film.
  3. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

LOL! No, Tom's mother.
    She's such a sweetheart.
    Blonde hair, blue eyes and a very sharp chin.
    She is a female version of Tom Cruise.

I never saw Katie Holmes.
    X3

Celebs are not so easy to spot.
    I had to go to an exclusive gala and that's where
    I met John. He was with his wife Kelly Preston.

I have a picture of me when I was at the Gala.
    That is awesome Slug. :)
    He really is nice.

I met this stuck up celebrity once---Larry Bam Hall...something like that.
    Me: "Oh, you did Barbershop?" *I smile and nod* "Cool." *Shrug*
    Him: "Don't worry, I'm still human." *Flashes a show off grin*

I fumed at how arrogant the man was!

---

We migt need to get back on topic ;)
  4. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Sorry, I meant Carlos Santana! But yeah.... I shall be forever jealous of you Claudie! I mean, it's bad enough I completely missed out on meeting some of my heros when they came to film right here in my city (Steve Martin, Alan Rickman, Alfred Hitchcock - well, ok, I wasn't born then! But - ugh!)
  5. BeakerSqueedom

ALAN RICKMAN?
    *Screeches girlishly*
    *Faints*
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

My sentiments exactly! He was here (or close by) for FIVE WEEKS!
  7. BeakerSqueedom

ALEX HOW COULD YOU LET HIM SLIP?
    *Tackles her*
    YOU LET THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE GOOOO!

XD

Lol!

---

Anyway, Halloween is comin'!
    So, this seems to be a suitable question.

What's your fave candy?
    I LOVE candy corn!
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Candy Corn is the sunshine of my Halloween holiday season. ;)
  9. Winslow Leach

LOL, I know, I was just funnin' ya about Santana!:)

Vertigo is virtually a love letter to San Francisco.

Chevy's first starring feature, the Hitchcock-like Foul Play, co-starring Goldie Hawn, also makes excellent use of S.F. locations.
  10. Winslow Leach

My favorite Halloween candy?

Gummi Bears

Sour Patch Kids

Jolly Ranchers

Starburst

Everlasting Gobstoppers - false advertising, they're not "everlasting" at all, lol!

Nerds
  11. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I know! I honestly cried because I didn't get to go over and meet him/audition. IM SORRY!

Yeah, those are fun movies! But SF is actually about an hour away from here. (I live around the place where "Birds" was filmed)

My fave Halloween candy is Candy Corn!
  12. Winslow Leach

That would be Bodega Bay, right? North up the California coast?

I watched Clint Eastwood's Play Misty for Me recently. The real star of the film was Carmel.

oh yeah...I love me Halloween candy!
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Yup! Prettiest place in all of California.... one side ya got vineyards, the otherside ya got a beautiful coastline perfect for surfing. Though, I never surf. Anyone who surfs around here has gotta have a pretty bad death wish. Which I guess would mean a whole lotta people round here have it pretty bad!

The other day my sister was talking to my mom about going trick-or-treating, and my mom was like, "sweetie, you're too old to go trick or treating this year" (she's fifteen) and my sister was all, "But Alex got to do it way longer than me because she went with me!" So my mom looks at me and she's like "Alex, when was the last time you went trick or treating?" And I was like, "last year?" My mom was like, "oh." She didn't really say much after that...
  14. Winslow Leach

Heh heh. That's a funny story!:) :)

I think George Lucas shot American Graffiti in Sonoma...Schellville (sp)?

And the high school sequences in Scream were shot at the Sonoma Community Center.

God, I'm such a geek!:rolleyes:
  15. BeakerSqueedom

Aren't we all Tony?

;)
  16. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Yup! Schellville! T'would be the place. (don't forget the Lucas Studios aint too far, neither!)
  17. Winslow Leach

LOL!:halo:
  18. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Yeah, seriously! I mean, I got "Mega-Dorky Nerd God" on the nerd test! (how accurate that is, I dunno. I do have a life, and I am a bit of a fashionista, so.... yeah....)
  19. Winslow Leach

Heh, yeah, I got "Dorky Light-weight Nerd" on the test...guess it's not too bad, lol!

I think I posted this somewhere before, but one year for Halloween, I went as a stereotypical "nerd." I was in high school at the time, and on Halloween students were allowed to wear their costumes to class. So I was in my nerd guise all day!

I slicked my hair down (I never slick my hair down with gels or sprays), wore a white, short-sleeved dress shirt, with the top buttoned, of course. A pair of thick black horn-rimmed glasses (with fake lenses--I don't wear glasses), a pocket protector in my shirt pocket, a pair of khakis that were a few inches too short, blindingly white sports socks and a pair of brown shoes.
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Hoookay...I swear I am going crazy. Me need words to "Monster Out in You" by Alvin and the Chipmunks (from meet the wolfman). Anyone care to help me out here? Google is not my friend on this matter