1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey... Halloween is over!

2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

now the thread's for next Halloween!... it's just a wider corner

3. D'Snowth

Touche.

4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

So, anybody have plans for next year's costume?

This year I was Super Jedi Indiana Potter.

Next year I'm considering being Casper the Friendly Ghostbuster.

5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ok, We are at another rather large corner, but thursday it will be october 1st!

So...i tihnk its close enbough to bumpies this thread!

In case you didnt already know, I LOVE halloween

By the way, Halloween is on a friday this year

6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Uh it's Wednesday that it'll be October 1st. But can't wait. I'm off and when i'm off i can decorate the house (even tho my dad hates it) He's not on into decorating the house when Halloween comes around. Christmas he doesn't mind putting up lights even tho i know he would rather not. But...HALLOWEEN! *makes scary ghost sounds*

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wait till you see my annual Halloween avatars... this year, I'm doing a sallute to Gegege no Kitaro... a Japanese cartoon from the 60's (and 70's...and 80's...and 07...and 08) about a boy who talks to weird ghosts and monsters....

8. Sgt Floyd

Yeah figured that out this morning. I seriosuly thought september had 31 days XD

Boy I felt like an idiot when my friend told me that it had 30

D'OH!

9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I had someone tell me something and i told them it wasn't and then when i heard it on tv or which ever i felt like a fool for telling my freind that he was wrong.

I need a Halloween avatar too. I NEED MONSTERS! *evil laughter*

10. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

For halloween this year, I'll be going as an underemployed college graduate again with a sign around me saying the following: "college is a waste of time".

11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

12. Sgt Floyd

Mine has zombies ;)

You know, I dont like beetlejuice. Actually, its one of the only burton films I didnt like :smirk:

13. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

^ I don't care for the movie that much (frankly, Beetlejuice was just too perverted and lewd for me, to the point where I was rather uncomfortable when he came around). The TV series, however, I love :)

14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I didn't like the live action movie at all, it defiantly freaked my out. Plus the idea of them being in their wedding cloths and then slowly dieing again while saying they loved each other was just too much for me...Beetlejuice was actually not as much of a villain as the living people were in the movie...I think that's why I loved the cartoon so much :3

15. Sgt Floyd

Well, I got my costume already.Its the same thing I wore last year! Yay! I gets ta be a fuzzy cute and (snarling) cuddy werewolf! Again!

Only loast year I wore a black robe. This year I'm ditching the robe and dressing like I normally dress. Which means I'm gonna wear my harley jacket (unless I can convince my mom to buy me a black trenchcoat, which I probably wont), tshirt (hmmm...probably my ozzy shirt?), guitar pick necklace, jeans, and my *black* DCs. I'm going for a rocker look XD

16. bazooka_beak

I'm not sure whether or not I'll be passing candy out this year. I was alone last year and didn't really want to deal with it.

I wish I was still young enough to TOT :( I miss it!

17. D'Snowth

Speaking of passing out candy, if you've ever been in that position, what's the most trick-or-treaters you've gotten in one night?

Two years ago, I believe we ended up with about 145 kids in a single night... we ran out of candy half-way, and ended up having make an emergency run to the store for more.

18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

19. bazooka_beak

Oh gosh, I'm not even sure. In my current neighborhood, there doesn't seem to be that many kids, so we've gotten very few in the past. It feels like the numbers slip every year because parents are so paranoid now :sympathy: They go somewhere "safe" like a mall pass-out in the middle of the day or just keep them inside. Makes me sad that they're missing out.

In my childhood neighborhood the numbers were really big, especially since the neighborhoods were "attached" through sidewalks, and they were mostly family oriented places. Lots of kids.

20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I love both the Beetlejuice movie and cartoon. I don't mind if they contradict, they're totally different things. :)

It is odd that so few Halloween specials are shown anymore. In an effort to removed the old, we've ended up with nothing.