1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by beaker, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Aw, what a lovely interview! It's nice to hear his natural voice, even though he sounds so much like some of his characters!
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

3. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Jerry's OK, then? (Whew!) I heard he wasn't feeling well there for a while and I am so relieved to hear he sounded good in the interview. (If you're still visiting MC from time to time, you're in my prayers, Jerry!)

I haven't had time to listen to the interview yet, I can't now 'cause I'm at work. (Checkin' MC during my break);)

I read at Tough Pigs where someone saw him voice, but not perform Fat Blue (Mr. Johnson) for a recent sketch and everyone applauded him! Wish I could've been there to applaud him too...(sigh)

Maybe the Fraggle Rock movie will be his last hurrah as far as performing characters. I could see him doing the voice for Count et al. while someone else performs the puppets for a while.

I agree with Jamie. Jerry really is at the heart of Fraggle Rock. It's impossible to imagine the Rock without him.

Convincing John
  4. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

ZNS's Poem

Zachary, That is a beautiful tribute poem.
    I love the way you wove his characters into the fabric of the piece.
    Very nice and thank you for sharing that with us.
  5. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

Morgan-Clueless, The best way to do great voices is to play with your voice. Get to know all the things it can do and sounds it can make. Put it through its paces everyday. Clue for Clueless, do this in private or you will drive your parents or brothers or sisters or friends abso-every-kindo-lutely way crazy. Listen to Bobby McFerrin
    <http://www.bobbymcferrin.com/> Be the very best you can be and it will be plenty good enough.
  6. skogs34

skogs34 New Member

I know this is answering a post made years ago but: I know nothing about the Fraggle film, they have not contacted me and I lived in Franklin, Indiana for half a year when I was eight but can't think of a reason to return.
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I bet I can give you even fewer reasons to come to Southern Illinois... ;)

Mr. Nelson, please know that I'm incredibly honored to be on the same forum with you. And I'd like to thank you a million times over for sending me a signed picture of The Count a couple of years ago. I know you probably don't remember signing it for me, but my name is Ryan Dosier and it means more than you know!

Take care, Jerry! Thanks for popping in to visit us here!
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Mr. Nelson,

Hi My name is Dwayne, and I'm good friends with Jim Lewis. Jim has done a wonderful thing for fans by answering questions from fans. Now I know that you may be busy, or whatever and can not make it to the forums every day, or week. If you would like someone as a kind of go between, from the forum and you. I would be happy to help.

My e mail is dwayne1115@gmail.com

If you would like to do a kind of ask Jerry thing where fans can ask you questions and once a week month or whenever you can answer I would be more then happy to help you, just let me know. Thanks Jerry for all the wonderful work you have done, and are still doing.
  9. zns

zns Active Member

It all comes from the heart. :)
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hi, Jerry! Glad to see you at MC. I still appreciate the shout-out you and Dave Goelz gave at MuppetFest. :)

I hope you'll be able to visit on the site more often. You're a super person!
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us informed, Jerry, take care! :)
  12. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

13. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Thank you for visiting us, Mr. Jerry Nelson. I always recognize your voice whether from a Muppet, a song, a cartoon character, or one of your live action roles. :sing:

Peace 2 U,
    Xerus
  14. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Thanks for stoping by Mr. Nelson.
  15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Never mind, I just heard it. Jerry, I hope you get better soon!
  16. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Dear Mr nelson i am so glad that you are here on this fourm with us and i am so gald that you are doing well thank you so much for your work on the Muppets i am very honnored to be on the fourm with you .

You have blessed me so much with the muppets .

Thank you Thank you .

I hope things contenue to go well for you .

thank you for posting here with is and keeping us updated .

God bless you .

:)
  17. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Facebook Interview with Jerry Nelson

I've decided to possibly do an Online Interview with Jerry. :search::smirk::batty: And I was wondering if you guys have any questions that you'd like him to answer.. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thank you.
  18. zns

zns Active Member

Well let me be the first to post a question here.

Jerry, in all of the years that you have worked for the Muppets, what advice would you give to somebody who would try to go into performing puppets?

I ask this because because I am trying my work and making my own videos and experimenting with a puppet on camera and in front of a mirror. Thanx.
  19. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Thanks for that question, that's something I've been wondering aswell. But I will ask him that sometime soon, I just wanted to wait till I have atleast 5 or 6 questions.. I hope you don't mind.
  20. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Here's one question I'd like you to ask Jerry. "What's your favorite Muppet to perform during your time as a Muppeteer?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.