1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I Ain't Doing It!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! love the extra hour of sleep!:)
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If you're smart, then do NOT set your clocks forward an hour next week like the government wants you to. If you're smart, then wait another month before you "spring forward".

Daylight Savings Time is NOT supposed to begin next week, like it's being forced to, it's SUPPOSED to start next MONTH!
  3. anythingmuppet New Member

Ach, I've hated DST for ages now! Why can't we just abolish the whole system and consistently maintain Standard Time? There's really too much clock-changing (external & internal) going on for really no purpose except to help the conglomerates grow. :rolleyes:
    At the very least, change it back to the first week of April. :p
    You have colored Yoshi avatars? :excited:
  4. furryredmonster New Member

Yeah, Snowth, what happened to your Yoshi avatars? =(
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Lol, that was, like, over a YEAR ago...
  6. matleo Active Member

Personally, I'm looking forward to the change next week. I get out of work usually just after the sun has gone down and could use a little sunlight to pick me up. So I'm actually looking forward to seeing the sun again. Sorry D'Snowth but I completely disagree with you on this.

--Matt
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah true, it is nice see sunlight earlier. At this point, I'm sick of the cold and want it to be Spring, lol.
  8. Teheheman Well-Known Member

Um, yeah, I'd rather have a job and NOT be late for work, so I'm going to set my clocks forward.

Daniel
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Then try this: pretend that some extra terrestrial power ended up knocking the Earth's internal timeframe out of whack, and suddenly everything is happened an hour earlier than it should be, so since my mom always wants to tune into Dr. Phil and Oprah everyday, she'll just have to start tuning in at 2:00 and 3:00 instead of 3:00 and 4:00.
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I'm sticking with the current plan myself as well
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You just going to give in to the government's sick and twisted ways to easily? Come on! Be rebelious! Show them what's right, not what's wrong!
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

It would just feel like pretending to me.
  13. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Knock-knock...
  14. Ilikemuppets New Member

Wha-da-ya-want?
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Blink-blink*

*Walks away*
  16. Ilikemuppets New Member

Yes!

No.
  17. Teheheman Well-Known Member

Um.........I'd rather just make it easier on myself and turn my clocks forward. Call me crazy but that's just the way I roll.

Daniel
  18. Ilikemuppets New Member

*opens door and looks around* Lousy kids pullin pranks...:attitude:
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I hear you, it's just that there are other ways to do that (non violent protest etc). ;)
  20. Beakerfan Active Member

Snowthy, my Geography class was discussing this today. The professor told me that over the next few years, the government is trying to slowly "fade out" the switching back and forth, and will most likely eventually keep the clocks moved forward in an effort to conserve energy.