1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

If they could sing now...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by bandit, May 11, 2012.

1. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I also think Wembley would be a good choice to sing "Day-O (Banana Boat song) for obvious reasons, with the rest of the Fraggle Five and other fraggles as back up.

Another Sesame Street song I thought would be good for fraggles to sing is "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" sung by Gobo and Wembley, I think the song and those two singing it go together perfectly.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

The Fraggle Five singing their rendition of "Turn The World Around"

vettech28 and GopherCoffee like this.
  3. Twisted Tails

Red singing "We Got The Beat" by the Go-Gos

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  4. vettech28

I think it would be hilarious if Wembley and Boober could sing "Sing After Me" from Sesame Street made famous by Madeline Kahn and Grover. The song would have Wembley convincing Boober to sing whatever he sings and. Boober having none of it until he finally gets into it and has fun.

WemblinFool18 and GopherCoffee like this.
  5. vettech28

Just thought of another one, it's been in my head for a while now so I may as well get it out there. So since Wembley is the kind of fraggle to get everybody to dance, I think that Wembley would be a really good fit for the Chubby Checker song, "Limbo Rock" and getting everybody to limbo, even Boober! Can you imagine that? I sure can!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Twisted Tails

I am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac and I could imagine Red singing, "Go Your Own Way."

7. vettech28

I can definitely imagine the Fraggle Five singing "If We Hold On Together" from the first Land Before Time movie.

8. vettech28

Just thought up another one, how about Gobo singing "King of the Road" by Roger Miller.

9. Twisted Tails

I LOVE the Kinks. The "Come Dancing" song I guess could be Fraggle Rockish.

How about Waterrloo Sunset? I could either imagine Gobo or all of the Fraggles singing this song.

10. vettech28

I can imagine "Octopus' Garden" sung by Gobo and Wembley, maybe after Uncle Traveling Matt tells the Fraggle Five about creatures that live in the waters of Outer Space then Gobo and Wembley imagining what it would be like to swim under the sea with them. Just a little bit of a backstory with the song selection.

11. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

12. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

I could see all of them singing "We Go Together" from Grease. Not just the Fraggle Five, but the whole population of the Rock. Wouldn't that be fun???

vettech28 likes this.
  13. Twisted Tails

I could imagine Red singing the song called "Stay."

14. vettech28

Before I forget again, I always envisioned Gobo and Wembley singing "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story because they're very good friends.

RowlfFan12 likes this.
  15. Twisted Tails

I imagine Gobo & Wembley singing Simon & Garfunkel's "Old Friends"

16. Twisted Tails

I could imagine Gobo singing Marvin Gaye's "I'll Be Doggone"

17. vettech28

I don't know if anyone has thought of this yet, but I always thought that Gobo and Red would be perfect to sing, "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better". They're always trying to beat each other with everything!

18. Twisted Tails

How about Red singing "Bust Your Windows"

19. vettech28

I can picture Wembley singing "La Bamba" along with the other fraggles. This idea was inspired by "The Ratings Game" episode of "The Jim Henson Hour" when Bean Bunny sings the song at the end.

20. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I would love to hear the Fraggles version of 'Lean On Me'. I really think that would be a great for for them.

FraggleLover130 likes this.