If you were having a Muppet dinner party...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Okay, all you "Who wouldn't invite Kermit?" people---so far, 3 of us wouldn't invite him! LOL!

:stick_out_tongue:

It's Quinn's fault, though---had he made it 10 instead of 8, ol' Kerm may have made my liste...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Well, BYYYYYron....

Since *YOU* would probably be going solo, technically there'd be a seat open for Kermit--

And Janice and Mokey DOESN'T mean you'd be "going trio."

I would invite Kermit just because we have a problem with Mosquitos and Box Elder Bugs this summer...he'd be cheap feedin'.

And I love him so much. But he'd have to wear his collar. We tolerate no nudity in this household.

Riiiiiiight.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Kermie19

Reaction score
I would invite:

1.) Kermit - My all time favorite Muppet
2.) Piggy - I can't think of a reason why, but I just would invite her
3.) Fozzie - He's a funny guy, er, uh, bear
4.) Gonzo - He seems like he would be fun to have at a dinner party
5.) Pepe - I'd like to learn more about one of the newest characters
6.) Ernie - I love Ernie, if it's a slumber party or something he could lead us in dancing ourselves to sleep
7.) Bert - you can't invite Ernie without inviting Bert, it just seems unnatural to me, besides they were my favorite characters from Sesame Street and seeing Ernie without Bert all the time now makes me sad
8.) Rizzo - although he would probably eat everything before we could get to it

Sure they're all main characters, but I love these guys.

Bryce

Joggy

Reaction score
Me and my significant other (my Joggy Fraggle puppet) would invite the following Muppets...

First of all I'd invite Kermit and Miss Piggy. I mean, anyone who turns down an offer to have the two Muppet stars at your dinner table must be nuts!
Then I'd love to have some of the warm, polite Muppet characters besides Kermit - Rowlf, and Gobo. I think we'd have great conversations together…
I'll add Wembley because I love him, he's Gobo's friend, and I really wanna give the guy a fair chance to be a full part of the group. He's so insecure and I'd love to see him get along with everybody at the dinner table…
Then there's Gonzo - I invite him because he'll give the whole dinner a great deal of humour. You're sure to get some zanyness when you talk to Gonzo.
For the last two, I first wanted to pick some SS characters, but I don't think they'll fit in with the more adult characters. So I'll choose Floyd and Janice. I feel quite at ease around musicians, ya know, maaaaan.

So that's about it...

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to pick eight...I would invite quite a few more. I would invite:

Kermit
Fozzie
Gonzo
Rowlf
Dr. Teeth
Floyd
Janice
Robin
Big Bird
Ernie
Bert
Snuffy
Gobo
Wembley
Boober
Mokey
Red
Sprocket

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
This is such a hard decision, but here are my choices.

Grover- I'd love for him to be a waiter for us since he does such a great job at it.

Beaker- My mom loves Beaker so this could be her date.

Scooter- Scooter is my favorite Muppet so of course he has to come.

Janice- one of my other favorites

Floyd- He goes wherever she goes.

Don Music- He could play so music while we eat.

Sweetums- just because

Muppet Vegetables- We could all eat them!

Adios,
~Megan~

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

I don't think I'd invite Kermit or Miss Piggy, because everyone is inviting them, and they might be busy that night. So I would invite:

--Gonzo. I can't really explain, but dinner just wouldn't be fun without Gonzo.

--The Two-Headed Monster. Now, does this count as one guest or two?

--Rowlf. You know, I'm giving up on explaining my choices. There just is no logic to my reasons.

--Scooter

--Floyd

--Janice

--Boober (although he just might be too afraid of germs)

--Pepe (unless the Two-Headed Monster counts as two and Boober's not too afraid to come, then no Pepe)

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Wow, this is a great thread!

As for my dinner party...

Rowlf - probably the best conversationlist out of all the muppets - wit and philosophy...plus being a musician we can all hang out around the piano going in and out of song

Gobo Fraggle - again...he's someone I can imagine sitting down with and having incredible time talking with

Mokey Fraggle - I wouldn't want Gobo to feel out of place as the only fraggle...but then again, he's Gobo and probably wouldn't care...anyway, I appreciate the artistic sensibilities the Mokey would bring into the evening.

Kermit - there's a lot of whimsy in him but he's also firmly rooted in himself...I really admire that.

Bear (from the Big Blue House) - I just love listening to him talk

Ernie and Bert - they're a great combo. Both of them have distinct personalities but complement each other so well. I think they would also bring more life into the festivities.

Fozzie - I like his earnestness.

that's it

beaker

Reaction score
gah, i wish I had a significant other:wink:

anyhoo, my Muppet dinner guests would include:

kermit(master of ceremonies, heh)
pepe(how could you not include this guy?)
beaker(my fave muppet, tho pepe is right in there too)
red(very energetic!)
wembley(this guy rocks, i can so relate!)
mokey
gonzo(another guy i can relate too!)
clifford(another fave of mine)
janice
bobo
digit

ok, i think im out of room for guests o_0