If you were having a Muppet dinner party...

uncleduke

Reaction score
1)Scred
2)Yoda (.... it's my party and I say if you got a hand up your hooey, and Frank Oz's voice, your'e a MUPPET)
3)Gonzo
4)Camilla (c'mon, Gonzo can't leave her behind for all these partys, she'll get lonely)
5)Sweetums
6)Ludo (I just wanna see if they'll hit it off)
7)Rowlf
8)Floyd
9)Janice
10)Uncle Deadly

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno! But here's who I wouldn't want to invite

Animal- obvious
Cookie Monster-obvious
Sam the Eagle-"You call this an american style steak? What an insult to this fine, fine country"
The Grinch- I can see him rummaging around for the christmas decorations
Piggy- she's such a volitile star, I'm afraid I might offende her.
Andy and Randy Pig- also obvious
The Big Bad Wolf- huffing and puffing and ruining dinner
Swedish Chef- sure I wouldn't have to cook. For a while too. He'd destroy my kitchen.

But I guess I'd invite Fozzie and Gonzo, amoung others! Maybe if we can get animal on a leash, the Electric Mayhiem.

Lu775

Reaction score
My Dinner Party

Wow, this was hard. I'd cook something fabulous, and I'd invite:

1. Grover (my lovable, furry pal)
2. Gonzo (always able to entertain the group in a pinch)
3. Pip and Pop (I'll make them some clams!)
4. Pepe (because he's too cool, ok?)
5. Sal (love that spunky monkey)
6. Johnny (I don't think Sal will come, unless Johnny is there)
7. Floyd (Sorry Pepe, Floyd's even cooler)
8. Herry Monster (thought he might apreciate a night out)

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Okay, MY 8 guests would include:

*Baby Rowlf (Just 'cos no one ELSE invited any Muppet Babies and I wanted to be different so there!)
*Red Fraggle
*Frazzle
*Herry Monster
*Gonzo
*Clifford
*Bean Bunny
*Doglion

Ta da!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the problem one would have when inviting muppets: Food!!

If you were to invite Camella or Big Bird, you couldn't make a poultry dish! And if you have Gladys the cow, beef would be out of the question. And if there's Piggy...blah blah, you get the point!

Also, what if the guests try to eat each other. Why, Pip and Pop would look like Hors' du Overs to, let's say Earl Sinclaire. Not to mention the fact that you'd need to hide your fine china and eat off plastic or disposables, in case dinner is late. In fact, you might want to buy a really cheap table incase dinner is really late, or it may be appitizing to a certain googley eyed monster, or a certain furry drummer.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

I dunno, the Muppets seem to have pretty good table manners and eating habits during MFS and the Denny's Commercials...

Then again, that's in public view. Maybe not so mannered in private...

Hmm....

FOZ

Salmoto

Reaction score
In Muppets From Space, no one ate since the Chef and Pepe were only capable of serving bologna sandwiches with no bread. Rizzo took a whole plate stacked with bologna, and Gonzo poured himself a mundane cereal. I mean, nothing's special about cereal, nothing weird you can do with cereal. Besides, we still didn't get to see him eat it.

We've yet to see a Denny's commercial with Animal, and I'm sure just after the first commercial cut off Piggy decided to scream "WHAT?! This has Sausage in it!?"

Salmoto

Reaction score
6. Johnny (I don't think Sal will come, unless Johnny is there)
It's my opinion that Sal, while totally adoring of his boss, is independant from him, while Johnny is capable of dong very little without his monkey companion. I don't have much evidence to support this except for a transcript I read from Muppetfest leading me to the opinion that Sal was on his own for a part of the festivities. Also, in Muppet Racemania, if you win or lose with Sal he says absolutely nothing abut Johnny, while if you win or lose with Johnny, he calls Sal to him and they start conversing. My memory is hazy but I think there was an episode of MT where they were in the middle of a tiff and Johnny was the one who ultimately apologised, though Sal was going to at the same time.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Spam! The things you miss by not joining earlier!

Okay, first off...significant other? WHAT significant other? Unless you count my friend Michael, who I could probably get to do the cooking...

Scooter: For me, this is a given. Scooter's my favorite Muppet out of the whole gang, and I think it's so unfair that he's been pretty much retired since Richard Hunt passed.

Gobo Fraggle: Hey, the kid's a born explorer and I'm sure he'd be curious about a real "Silly Creature" dinner party. Of course, that means I'd have to put something with radishes in it on the menu...

Robin: Kermit's nephew has always been a favorite character of mine. Plus since they met in MFC, I'm sure Robin would enjoy seeing Gobo again. Those two I'd probably sit together.

Gonzo: He's crazy, he's weird, he's strange, he's not afraid of anything (including severe personal injury)...he's the perfect dinner guest!

Sweetums: He's such a loveable guy, he'd probably be insulted if he wasn't invited.

And since someone already invited one of the Muppet Babies, Baby Skeeter! I am so sure that she'd fit in well as an adult Muppet. And as a child, she'd get along well with Robin, and probably Sweetums and Gobo as well.

Zoot: I'd invite him for my brother. They're both sax players, and both would be glad to have someone they could really talk to about their music. Of course, that means I'd actually have to invite my brother...

Mokey Fraggle: Partly for Gobo to have another Fraggle around to talk to, and mostly because we're kindred spirits as far as writing goes. In fact, I think Mokey might be my Muppet muse (unless Byron wants to refute that!)

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno... Bear may be fun to invite... but I can see him running around trying to catch salmon!