Interesting Gulf War News

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Emily, although she is not reading this, is right. I didn't want to get into this thread in the first place as I stated in my first post. i just wanted to voice my opintion. Our contry is at war but there is no need for the people in the contry(or around the world) to be at war with each other, just listen to what other people say and feel, and if they might have a little misunderstanding with something don't lash out on them. we are all different ages so just to set an example, nothing that i have seen, but lets say a 27 year old muppet fan correcting, lets say a 15 year old muppet fan, not that that's happing here but just to keep it in mind.

i look at both sides, i don't want to live in fear, yet i don't want any lives lost, any families torn apart.
If we could just walk up to Saddam front door and say" your coming with us, we are throwing you out" AND then put him in jail. I'm sure we would but he would most likey attack us if we tryied that.

I don't like the fact that we are at war, i don't want war or revenge or anything like that, i just want to live in peace as all of us sure do. Even the Pope belives the war may cause more problems as much of the world does. All i am saying is that i'm glad i don't have to make these choices, because i don't know what is right unless it was an umposibale answer like everyone just dropping their guns then loud peaceful music is played so the whole world hears and everyone just begings to dance no matter who,what, or where they are all in peace.

we nead more humor, laughter, niceness and peace in the world.

Zachary,

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Well, since my giant post a while back got to show up, have its effect and slide away after it was lauded or put down without me addding rejoinders, I can now, after that passsage of time, get back into this.

First, I was the one who emailed sugarbritchez and said I was offended.

Lemme try this on for size, for all of you. Imagine 9/11 happened hours ago, and I write this:

"I think if we all watched more Muppets, the World Trade Centre would still be here. Let's replace all world planes with Big Bird parade balloons.

Teeeee heee heee!"

Gimme a break. Any comment like that, or any comment ending with "Teeee heee heee!" hours after the towers went down would have been answered with "Are you kidding?!"

Luke, I can't seriously think you'd like to be there, or would prefer to be hit with a bomb rather than an annoying toy. Don't take my word for it. Ask the old people in your area retirement homes, the WWII vets, if they find the video and area to be "thrilling."

Fozzie Bear, you said in a sentence referencing both Iraq and Iran: "...or Ice Cream or whoever..."

The fact that you went to the EXTRA trouble to CAPITALIZE the words "ice cream" as the people of that country are being killed by your country's omnipotent war machine speaks volumes about how much you, and a lot of like-minded people like you really care, or in fact, don't care about, what is going on. It's simply happening, you are American, you do your part to argue for your side, but deep down in your guts you aren't troubled by the suffering that is going on.

You think it is justified. I don't.

But if your mind was wide enough to imagine in a visceral fashion the terror and pain that is occuring right now to other human beings, you couldn't have taken the extra time to label Iraq as "Ice Cream."

It's a silly thing to do. You think it was funny. Right now, the word "Iraq" means military action, and the fear of what the Muslims will do to Amercia after it is over.

The people of Iraq are being killed right now. They are crying and bleeding and you are labeling them as the people of "Ice Cream."

If we were all part of a large panel show on television, you would be thrown off the show. I don't think you are stupid, or a bad person, but you and others on this thread pepper your arguments with blithe humour.

It's a dead serious topic, for both Iraq and the world, but I find the Bush supporters to take this matter far less seriously in the breadth of this debate than do the Bush detractors.

This topic has Z-E-R-O humour in it. Those that do find it funny probably aren't nearly as well infromed as they think they are. If they were, they wouldn't be laughing.

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!" --Albert Einstein

(note: I "edited" out a spelling mistake. I left the Fozzie bit in. I haven't changed my message, if anybody's wondering. If I did, people would think I put something super-nasty in it)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We all have different views on the issue and have disagreed with each other, but pointing personal attacks and belittling others is not okay. Your views can seem just as offensive to some as others bother you. Let's keep this a productive discussion. Thanks.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean, exactly.

People have been tossing quotes back and forth throughout all of this. I guess it may look a little mean for me to include so many at once.

Still, it was probably the bit about Fozzie would be thrown off the panel show.

I guess you're right. Sorry about that, Fozzie.

Then again, I still think it wasn't nice to call Iraq "Ice Cream." That did not forward the debate; it was just making fun of a country. A country which is being attacked...or liberated, as others may see it.

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!" --Albert Einstein

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the message. I completely understand that. It was just the shaming aspect that I found counter-productive. You have some valid points and they will be better received if they are presented like they are in this last post. We are all very passionate, but we shouldn't let it get the better of us. :smile:

This message is a reminder to all of us (including me) to keep things in perspective and to be respectful of others. I don't want it to escalate.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Like i said with ages, we are all different ages. This is a Muppet message board about a serious world issue, I mean we should becareful on what we say but not to take it into depth and aruge or upset anyone, maybe people don't know or don't understand. I admit there is stuff that i don't understand. I just don't want anyone to feel bad because 'maybe" they did say the wrong thing in another persons eyes, but they didn't mean it that way.

People can't edit their post now so it's just like as if they were talking and can't take it back, i mean if we read it or not they didn't mean harm by it. If this whole Muppet Central site dissipeard it would not have any effect on the war. it's just a web site, lets not let anyone feel bad for things that have been said in the past, just be informed now on how other people may feel.

Zachary,

sidcrowe

Reaction score
The Turks are entering Northern Iraq to prevent the Kurds from establishing a homeland.

This is before a week has passed.

I told you all...it's going to be messy.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Tommie:

Bush said that God "was not neutral" in the matter.

Can't remember what day. If anybody else didn't hear it, it's hard for me to prove.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well I don't take back anything that I said.........Freedom of Speech..........or have you forgotten that? Anyway you totaly blew it out of context with the World Trade Center comment....I am not an IDOIT....and I would never say anything of the such! I think some comments should be better left to yourself if you have any negative to say............I am not here to make enemies nor do I want to pick a silly fight about thoughts that were posted on here. I know what is going on and sometimes making a "lite" of the subject helps people deal with it better than to sit and worry about it all the time......you have your ways of dealing with it............others have theirs. Plus.......isn't this a MUPPET message board?

And another thing.............while the troops are over seas fighting in these wars (past ones included) why do they send out "entertainment" to these troops such as comedians and musicians? Seems to me they are trying to lighting up all the seriousness out there. Oh but I am probably wrong about that too.

I have spoken my peace on this matter......................

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Sugarbritchez:

I didn't call you an idiot.

I personally don't think I was wrong with the WTC analogy. As you wrote what you posted, ending with "Teee heee hee," Baghdad was being blown to bits. If someone talked about the WTC hours after it was destroyed and suggested we sustitute weapons with Muppet toys and ended with "Teee heee heee," people might be amazed at such a trivial characterization.

I didn't say you shouldn't have freedom of speech...I just disagreed with yours.

Entertainmnet was sent to the troops to improve their morale during a war. Making "lite" of the entire situation isn't something I agree with. You'll notice that I'm not using the smilies on this thread. David Letterman didn't make fun of the O.J. Simpson stuff, but Jay Leno makes fun of it to this day. People are different.

This isn't much of a war. We all know the USA has Iraq outgunned. The USA will win. It's just a matter of how fast they want to do it, and judging how much resistance there may be. If the Iraqis fight with more ferocity than the average American once the US encounters the special soldiers protecting their HQ (you are in THEIR country, may I remind you), it won't matter. The USA will just fire up their space-age aircraft and blast the **** out of Iraq.

Some people can laugh at a bloody murder, and find humour in a conflict that is both killing Iraqis now, and will bring the threat of random terror retaliation upon your country for the next 100 years.

Saying that we should replace bombs with Elmo dolls is...well...I don't wanna repeat myself...and to use your logic, let's replace the planes that took down your WTC with a Big Bird balloon.

You expressed your opinion, and I said I thought it wasn't tateful.

Jeez...big deal.

(my censored word rhymes with "bell.")