1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

International skits on Youtube...

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That was a neat little treat. I've have never seen that one before in my life. I hope to see it some day in English. Thanks Shane.
  3. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

What's still cool about these other countries is that you still get the fun out of it. Poor Bert. He's torched even in European Spanish. *laughs like Ernie*
  5. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

6. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

yeah, it's amazing what they can do with puppets and voices--you never need to know the language to understand and and enjoy the clips. and i'm picking up german and dutch words all the time from them! sw clearly understands their universality, as they've got so many dubs and coproductions, but it also might be an argument for not dumbing down the scripts--kids will get the message anyway, and might even learn a few new words.

here are a few from jalan sesama from indonesia:

dubbed biff & sully and a rainbow
    original indonesian muppets afraid of a thunderstorm

how cute is that rhinoceros muppet?
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I really enjoyed the Anything Muppet and Rhinoceros character. That was really cute and i remember seeing this on the Muppet Wiki. So cool to get to see these two characters. I'll have to look more of these characters up. Thanks for sharing these SS.
  8. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

here are some from the polish version, which muppet wiki says is all original no dubs of classic ss.

this one shows off their two main muppets--i like the look of the dragon.

this is the one referred to on muppet wiki where the sheep does a play-by-play of a classical music concert like a sports announcer.

it's cute with a muppet in polish, but if you like the idea of the joke, the classic (non-muppet) audio version of it is pretty funny--PDQ Bach as a sports announcer at the "first inning" of Beethoven's 5th symphony.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

10. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

11. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

12. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

14. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member