Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

Beebers

Reaction score
I knew tons of boys who read all the Nancy Drews, they were just plain good stories. They also read The Hardy Boys, and I think there was another similar series for boys whose name I can't think of right now.

Is it Woodhouse, or Wodehouse, or is that just your typing, Beau. Yes, very funny books. And I love your typing, don't change a thing. Seriously.

Clancy, well, that's a fine thing. I wonder who the ghostwriter actually is/was. Hope they were well-paid.

:cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
There was a guy, Lloyd Alexander, who wrote a little bunch of books I was very taken with when I was 11 or 12. I'd run out of Tolkien stuff to read and my school librarian recommended Alexander's books, they're along the same lines and I loved them. The only title I remember is The Black Cauldron. I'll have to try to find those and read them again. They're really good, if you can find them. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Lloyd Alexander is good. I think another title by him is "The Begger Queen."

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I read a few of Lloyd Alexander's books, and really liked them. Another author I followed at that age was William Sleator, who wrote a lot of really cool science-fiction for younger people. Great stuff, really! I started with "Interstellar Pig," and I would highly recommend that to anyone.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
One guy whose books I really like is Dick King-Smith. They're definitely on the younger end, but very worthwhile just the same. I've read most of his because the summer after "Babe" came out, I decided to read the book, and I liked it so much that I took out all the King-Smith books in the library system. They're a fast read, but I really enjoyed them.
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I knew tons of boys who read all the Nancy Drews, they were just plain good stories. They also read The Hardy Boys, and I think there was another similar series for boys whose name I can't think of right now.
:cool:
You know those two series were ghost written? The series were started by the same lady, I forget her name. Another shock to me. No Carolyn Keene.

Phantom

Reaction score
Wuthering Heights
Kim
Great Expectations
Lord Jim

To name a few. I like the stuff that I was supposed to read in high school, but didn't at the time. Most of my reading now is in Christian apologetics, politics and finance, although I read less that I would like.

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
You know those two series were ghost written? The series were started by the same lady, I forget her name. Another shock to me. No Carolyn Keene.
I know, I remember being rather devastated by that discovery when I was young. "Carolyn Keene" was actually a series of 3 or 4 or more writers over time, I'm old, I've had head injuries, I can't remember exactly how many Carolyns there were. :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Also, Betty Crocker was a total crock, never existed. Not so devastating but true. But we have Fozzie's new thread for that now. :cool:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
So, has anyone read Jerry Jenkins "Left Behind" series? A exciting thrilling tale about the last days of Earth? There is twelve in the series and the last is coming out in March, can't wait!

So, has anyone else read these?
All but the last two, haven't had time to read lately. They are really good, and there are movies made of at least the first two with Kirk Cameron. One of these days I'll catch up on my reading..:rolleyes:

Deb:flirt: