Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

Beebers

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
I've managed to upset you twice in one day on two different threads.

:eek: :cry: :embarrassed: :eek:

*crawls into nasty dark hole and pulls lid over*

Phantom

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I've managed to upset you twice in one day on two different threads.

!:eek: :cry: :embarrassed: !:eek:

*crawls into nasty dark hole and pulls lid over*
I'm not upset :smile: . Hug?

Beebers

Reaction score
Okay.

*hurls Beau and lid into nearby Siberian steppe*

*crawls out of nasty dark hole hat in hand*

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Any opinions on C. S. Lewis and the Narnia series?

I never took to them but I don't know why, it's the sort of series I should have loved reading, it's always baffled me that I didn't get lost in them. I should probably go back and give them another read, it's been 37 years.

:cool:

Phantom

Reaction score
Beebers said:

I never took to them but I don't know why, it's the sort of series I should have loved reading, it's always baffled me that I didn't get lost in them. I should probably go back and give them another read, it's been 37 years.

This would be a good time since they are filming movies. I guess the commercial success of LOTR has inspired others. I hope they are as good.

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:

I really liked them a lot. Now I see the religious stuff behind it, which I don't like as much. (I am religious, but I don't like people preaching at me) They're really fun, though. "The Screwtape Letters" I HATED. They're so ugly.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Beebers said:

I really loved the Narnia books. But it's been a long time since I've read them....actually, I think my mom read them to me. But anyway, I really liked them and I liked the old movies that are made of them too. They were some of the only ones my grandma had so we always watched them with her when we were younger.

Beebers

Reaction score
Okay, now it's coming back to me, right. I think that may have been the thing for me, the religious undertones. I'm not even going NEAR that, it's worse than . . . *shhhhh . . . politics*. DO NOT START FIGHTING, we had enough upset yesterday.

*changes subject quickly*

Now, how about that Betty Crocker????

:big_grin:

James Joyce, to me, unbelievable writer. Anybody read Ulysses all the way through? I love that book.