1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit at the MTV Video Music Awards

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Sep 13, 2009.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Even that sounded like Jim to me, the way he cracked his voice.

Even some of the youtube posters are asking, "Don't you remember how Kermit used to sound? This is it!"
  2. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea is voice is old school kermit and it did sound like jim but nothing like steve diffrent puppeters diffrent kermits:):):)
  3. heralde

I'll agree with that. :)

But then again, with Jim and Steve, different puppeteers, different kermits. Kermit hasn't been "one Kermit" in a long time.
  4. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea but with ms piggy its about the same(but frank oz was better) and so he will probably be the new kermit so we'll have to get used to him (unless steve comes back again):):mad:
  5. heralde

True people haven't really critiqued new Piggy performances as much. Only that she was being insulted too much.
  6. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea you have a point i havent heard the new scooter yet is he any good?;)
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It doesn't sound like Jim's Kermit to me. It sounds like Rich Little's Kermit (just realized who it reminded me of). I really did not like Rich Little's impersonation either.

Again, Kermit is a very difficult voice to do. What most people think to be Kermit is not. I have done my "Kermit" voice for many, many people, and they all say "That sounds perfect!" when I know for a fact that it does not. I do not hear Kermit when I try to do a Kermit voice. I hear an approximation, an odd impersonation, but not Kermit. That's what I'm hearing here. Rich Little, not Kermit.
  8. heralde

Well the one in Letters to Santa did a good job with the personality, IMO. I think the voice was more accurate in MWoO. It's a very complex issue! :search:
  9. heralde

It's just interesting how even on youtube (presumably made up of some non MC members) this debate is going on. Some don't like the performance. Others are saying this is what Kermit used to sound like. I have to agree with the second group.
  10. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i said he was kinda like jim (old school not that he sounds like him)
  11. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

im really in the middle of the two cant decide with so many opinions:eek:
  12. heralde

Honestly, while I think Steve's Kermit is fine, it hasn't ever really reminded me of the Kermit I grew up with. So again, I think there's been more than one Kermit for awhile now.
  13. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

so many mixed opinions its so confusing (maybe not):eek:
  14. heralde

Indeed, I mean it's a personal opinion thing. Though it is a rather intriguing debate!
  15. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i wouldnt be suprised if there was a tv debate about it :concern:
  16. Here's a clip of it on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd4gjIJ9Bc -

P.S. I just found out on Muppet Wiki that Artie Esposito was performing Kermit. This is Esposito's second public performance as the frog.
  17. I didn't think the voice was that bad, though something was off.
  18. wes

wes Active Member

I just saw it searching for Kermits preformance at Macy parade.....that was horrible.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  19. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

I don't get it.
  20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

We're still talking about this Kismet the Toad thing here? Just a little surprised that we're still updating a thread that's over two months old. It would be nice to see the real Kermit on MTV some time, or in my case on You Tube since I don't get that channel.