1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kermit on Hollywood Squares: April 28-May 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder that Kermit is scheduled to appear on Hollywood Squares all this week: Monday April 28 through Friday May 2.

Let us know what you think of Kermit's appearances.

Check out the Hollywood Squares Web site for times in your area...

http://www.hollywoodsquares.com/
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

It's syndicated, so I'd check my local listings.
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I liked it. I wish he would have gotten more airtime. He was picked twice in a row though, because of that "earn the win yourself" rule, so that was good. I also liked his comment the first time he was picked. See my quote.
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

hehe i missed it today...I was home and I turned it to channel 4 I thought, but it was channel nine:eek: I'm a dummyhead.....

Sarah
  5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Hey all!
    Kermit was great! I agree, he needs to be used more. He was very witty, as usual. Steve can really deliver a line. The "Chicago" bit was great. Also, Kermit looks great. Seems to be a newly built puppet. He looks very 80's-ish.. kinda like in JHH. I just wish Eric would come back...maybe Piggy could get a chance at being secrect square!!! ::drooool::
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Ry - are you taping it? I missed the last week some time ago with Kermit on, and knowing myself I shall miss this one as well. Email me if you are so hopefully we can work something out.

-Matt
  7. Daffyfan2003

I agree. The producers said they are planning a week with Piggy on the show, but that hasn't happened yet. :confused: I'm going to be out tonight and I won't see the show. I don't know if I want to tape it or not. I'm sort of thinking if Kermit doesn't get that much air time, why bother?
  8. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Wow, I cant wait to see this !

Ive said for a long time now that Kermit needs to go back to his older look, The newer look was too 'perfect'.

see ya
  9. Daffyfan2003

How can something be too perfect? I really hadn't noticed the change in his look. Does anybody have pictures so I can see the comparison? Thanks.
  10. MrsKalabash

MrsKalabash New Member

>Tom Bergeron: In China, this movie was called "Six Naked Pigs," what do we know it as?
    Kermit: For me, that would be a very, very bad dream.<

Uh, huh, like *Kermit* looks good naked, the little pig-bigot. :rolleyes:

Glad I missed this, as did most of America, no doubt, given HS' low ratings...
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i saw todays...it was okay..but steve didn't have as many quips as usual

Sarah
  12. Daffyfan2003

Then I guess I don't regret not taping it. Lol.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I was a little surprised Hot Topic got a specific mention on the show. Some funny dialogue there. Maybe Palisades will be mentioned by name before the week is done.
  14. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Well on a show like Hollywood Squares when you've got nine (or ten, if two stars are sharing a square) celebrities to choose from it makes sense that Kermit's not always going to be one of those picked.

Anyway, you bet your hiney I'm taping Hollywood Squares this week. I love the show anyway (Tom Bergeron is the best host since Peter Marshall; did anyone catch that week when Peter Marshall was center square, by any chance? Ter. Riff. Ic.), and having Kermit on was just added incentive to tape it. From what I've seen it looks like Steve is having a lot of fun up there.

I just can't wait for Kermit and Piggy to be back in a square again. Considering the last time they were on the show together Piggy karate chopped Kermit right out of the top left corner square, the next time should be interesting as well.

-Kim
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I am sick and tired of HS backlash... It's not a great show, granted, but it's a far more intellectually stimulating half hour than low borw shows like "Wheel of Fortune" and "the Price is right" which have lasted more than 20 years, surprisingly...I wish Bob Barker would just dry up already, and stop stalling!
  16. Skeeter Muppet

I second that. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Barker died on the set of "Price" rather than at home.

-Kim
  17. MrsKalabash

MrsKalabash New Member

Why the Barker-bashing? He's a good guy from all accounts, and a strong animal activist.

As for HS, it's deteriorated into a forum for celebrities to hype their latest products. It's boring at the best of times IMO. When Kermit is on, unfortunately it's downright obnoxious. :(
  18. Skeeter Muppet

Uh...not exactly the best thing to say on a Muppets forum.

-Kim
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And old fogey "Never say die, cause he won't" Bob Barker, and "Air heads" Pat and Vannah aren't?
  20. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

The Price is Right RULES!

And now that you have said this, why, why, it just taints anything else you might ever say, EVER!