Kermit on Hollywood Squares: April 28-May 2

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was today? I'm glad I read these messages. I don't get the show until 7:30 in the evening, so I'll have to tape that, at least the last ten minutes of the show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermit mentioned the figures and the host mentioned PalisadesToys.com! I'm glad that this time things were a bit more specific and the action figures were called "Muppet" figures rather than just "Kermit" figures.

I think Kermit has done a great job in all of his performances of late. He has never been a colorless icon. The frog has always had a sharp wit and has been known to say some jaw dropping things under Jim Henson. Or would that be over Jim Henson? :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The frog has always had a sharp wit and has been known to say some jaw dropping things under Jim Henson.
What does that mean? Seriously?

Dang, with all these posts, it makes me wish I had actually checked my local listings to see when HS comes on.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...when Jim performed Kermit, he was just as irreverent. The Muppets have been known to say some shocking things at times. Some people forget that. :stick_out_tongue:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Um...when Jim performed Kermit, he was just as irreverent. The Muppets have been known to say some shocking things at times. Some people forget that. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh, OK. I thought you meant something else.

Yeah, I recently took the time to see the MuppetFest Photo Gallery and was shocked to read that, in some Muppet Show pitch video from the 70s, Jim's Kermit came and said "What the **** was that?" And I thought it was amazing 'cause he was a Sesame Street regular at that point.

I always knew the Muppets were cool. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What the heck did you think I said? LOL! I have a cold, but I don't see how what I said could have been read any other way. I cringe to think what kind of morbid meaning that could have been misconstrued from my post. :eek:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
No no no no no. You just wrote it in a way that my slow brain couldn't understand. You said he "has been known" instead of "had been known" to say things under Jim Henson and I got lost.

Moving right along...

VC2020

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire getting up was cool...The people who didn't know who was were probably like..."Who is that Long blonde haired man and where'd he come from?"...Since Steve was staying as far as possible from Kermit:smile: