1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kermit on Hollywood Squares: April 28-May 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Aaron Active Member

piggy wll be on hs the week of may 19
  2. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I didn't see that one. I wish I would have taped it.

By the way, thanks for that info on Piggy, Aaron. I was worried she wasn't going to make it on the show this season.
  3. Phillip Administrator

Good news. Kermit and Piggy are scheduled to return during the week of May 19th.
  4. MrsKalabash New Member

Oh, I'm not blaming Kermit, really; I'm blaming his writers. I know better than to blame a fictional character for anything, after all ;) I just wonder if the Muppet people know that. Reminds me of a story Chuck Jones, the brilliant Looney Tunes artist, once said about Porky Pig's slippage from stardom once Bugs Bunny became a hit. He said, "He (Porky) became less interesting because *we* failed to make him interesting. You can hardly blame anything else."
  5. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Kermit AND Piggy? Maybe they'll redo the karate chop gag. Lol.
  6. MrsKalabash New Member

When I was in college, I was astonished by how popular "The Price Is Right" was among college students. A bunch of them would flock into the lunchroom and watch it just about every day. I'm not sure what the appeal was. Maybe they thought it was campy or something, or liked to try to figure out the prices of the items on display. But it was a huge hit with them. That and "The Young and the Restless". :confused:
  7. sarah_yzma Active Member

ooh may 19...the week my summer break begins...i'll be able to see the whole thing instead of just the last 15 minutes (like right now) of course, yesterday our reception was BAD and I didn't get to see it...so that's 2 out of 3 I've missed....

Sarah
  8. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I didn't see the show last night. Did I miss anything good?
  9. Super Scooter New Member

Kermit finally got one right last night.
  10. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Oh yeah, just saw it! I think that's the first time one of the Muppeteers has actually been shown on HS, or any one doing a puppet character for that matter; they always have the square specially fixed up so the audience can't see the performer. The camera got a few good shots of Steve; I wonder if the Muppeteer Cameos site does television camoes...

And did you notice that when Steve came down, he sat Kermit right on the shoulder of that lady's husband? I'll bet he was surprised (although I'll bet he was probably more in shock at everything his wife had won).

-Kim
  11. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That was today? I'm glad I read these messages. I don't get the show until 7:30 in the evening, so I'll have to tape that, at least the last ten minutes of the show.
  12. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kermit mentioned the figures and the host mentioned PalisadesToys.com! I'm glad that this time things were a bit more specific and the action figures were called "Muppet" figures rather than just "Kermit" figures.

I think Kermit has done a great job in all of his performances of late. He has never been a colorless icon. The frog has always had a sharp wit and has been known to say some jaw dropping things under Jim Henson. Or would that be over Jim Henson? :)
  13. sarah_yzma Active Member

that's good to hear!

Sarah
  14. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

What does that mean? Seriously?

Dang, with all these posts, it makes me wish I had actually checked my local listings to see when HS comes on.
  15. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Um...when Jim performed Kermit, he was just as irreverent. The Muppets have been known to say some shocking things at times. Some people forget that. :p
  16. sarah_yzma Active Member

a post with a thousand meanings

Sarah
  17. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Oh, OK. I thought you meant something else.

Yeah, I recently took the time to see the MuppetFest Photo Gallery and was shocked to read that, in some Muppet Show pitch video from the 70s, Jim's Kermit came and said "What the **** was that?" And I thought it was amazing 'cause he was a Sesame Street regular at that point.

I always knew the Muppets were cool. :)
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

What the heck did you think I said? LOL! I have a cold, but I don't see how what I said could have been read any other way. I cringe to think what kind of morbid meaning that could have been misconstrued from my post. :eek:
  19. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

No no no no no. You just wrote it in a way that my slow brain couldn't understand. You said he "has been known" instead of "had been known" to say things under Jim Henson and I got lost.

Moving right along...
  20. VC2020 New Member

Steve Whitmire getting up was cool...The people who didn't know who was were probably like..."Who is that Long blonde haired man and where'd he come from?"...Since Steve was staying as far as possible from Kermit:)