Kermit's coffee mug

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Here's a question for you all.

What would you think a fair price would be for a non tampo printed base? A tampo printed logo one?
I'd pay 4-5 bucks for a 6-pack (.70-.80 each) with a logo on it...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
If it's just a solid piece of plastic with no logo, I don't know if I'd even bother buying them ... I'd consider it if they were really cheap (50 cents or less) since I have that running-into-furniture problem. :wink: If they have a nice logo (either Muppets or Palisades), I'd pay $1 each.

In terms of shipping, I think it should only be $1-2 for up to 10 bases shipped in the U.S.

I'm basing this on the following assumptions:
U.S. shipping would be very cheap, since they barely weigh anything. Creating the bases would cost almost nothing; you could use the existing molds and relatively low-quality plastic. Stamping a logo would cost a little, but not much. The prices I mentioned would cover your costs, plus a little extra. Obviously, you can't expect to make a lot of profit off bases ... it's more of an increasing-fan-goodwill thing.

As I said, those are assumptions. I don't really know what would go into making them. Of course, Ken, if you can explain the reasoning behind why they should cost more than this, I'm willing to listen.

Then again, if you just sent them out as a free bonus to Collectors Club members ... that'd be nice too.

Wow, that was way too long of a post for flat little plastic bases. :wink:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
really, it depends how badly I'd need one! so far I'm up 3, and am assuming that those 3 will be pretty good t ohelp any future figures stand if need be

you know, since I DON'T run into my funiture quite THAT often :big_grin:

but yeah, I'd say $.050 - $1.50 each....

of course you'd run into the problem of where to put the foot stiks, since they seem to be different for each of the bases I've got now...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
you know, since I DON'T run into my funiture quite THAT often :big_grin:
You don't know what you're missing. It gets more fun every time.

They also are helpful for when my cat decides to jump on the shelf. Thankfully she hasn't decided to gnaw on any of them yet.

Just out of curiosity, how are you up three?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
oh, well, I can see the cat causing a lot of problems...I like cats, but I'd be pretty annoyed at one if it constantly knocked over my stuff....

oh, and i'm up 3 stands because I only use one of the 4 that I currently have...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. I thought you meant that you had more stands than figures somehow. I'm actually up one. I'm currently only using the stands for Kermit and Dr. Teeth. Beaker's strapped to the table (meep!) and Dr. Honeydew is just standing on the lab floor with the rabbit.

I don't have Piggy yet ... I was thinking about heading out to the mall today today to get the EB long-haired one, but we'll see if I actually get around to it. I don't know if I want it, or if I just want to wait until the Pigs in Space playset to get her. I haven't decided whether I want to get ALL of the regular figures or if I'll skip the occasional one that doesn't strike me as must-have. (I'm definitely not going to try to get all the "special" ones ... I can't justify the cost of the black shirt Dr. Teeth.)

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
If I were you I'd go for the long haired Piggy..she may be the weakest figure (aside from short haired miss piggy, that is) in Wave one, but she's still a pretty cool toy...and it's nice to have a piggy to display with the rest of the "regular cast" The pigs in Space one you KNOW you're always gonna keep on the playset, right?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Yep, I finally got around to getting Piggy. My girlfriend used the "you like the others so much, you might as well get that one too" logic on me, so that settled it. I must say, it's growing on me. Apart from the smooth skin, this long-haired version looks nice. She can't wear her boa, though ... my cat already attacked it once. Ah well.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
that sucks about the boa, cause it really sets off the figure nicely, but cool that you got it!!! Told ya it was neat :big_grin: