1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kevin Clash on Oprah

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by rowlf84, Feb 16, 2006.

1. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

Kevin Clash, performer of Elmo, will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Tuesday, Feb. 21st. Check your local listings for times.
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

He also performs Clifford and does Sam the Eagle in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

And while we're at it he performs Splinter in the first two Ninja Turtles movies and the Baby on Dinosaurs. :D
  3. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Juuust set it to tiVo. Thanks for the update. :D
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

...and Leon, Mulch, Polly Lobster, Really Old Tom, Spa'am, Benny Rabbit, Hoots the Owl, Kingston Livingston III, Mel, Baby Natasha, Wolfgang the Seal, Ferlinghetti Donizetti, Ace Yu, Eliot Shag, Fiery 1, Billy Bunny, Be-Bop, PJ, JP, the Grand High Triangle Lover, the Hypocritic Oaf and Composta Heap (just to name a few more) ;)
  5. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

That is really cool! Any idea why he is going to be on like is it with Elmo or anything?
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ooh, I can't wait to see this! This'll be soooo awesome!
  7. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

Unfortunately, I have no idea what he'll be doing. I've asked around, but no one knows for sure. I guess it will be a surprise for all of us.
  8. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

Does anyone know if this show will be on in the UK?
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This is sweet! I will no doubt actually watch Oprah that day.
  10. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

I just saw a preview for Tuesday's Oprah episode. It is going to be a Hurricane Katrina-themed show. The preview shows Anderson Cooper and Lisa Ling in New Orleans. Although they do not show Kevin in the preview, I have a feeling he will be on for a few minutes to talk about how some of Sesame's cast visited kids in schools and shelters in New Orleans. Definitely a moving story and one everyone should hear.
  11. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Sooo... anyone got the 4-1-1 on Kevin's appearance? :confused:
  12. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I found this on the web dated Feb. 1, 2006.

"The topic of the show was “Faces behind big names,” and the guests included clothing designer Marc Jacobs, puppeteer Kevin Clash (who does the voice and movements for “Elmo” on Sesame Street), the family behind Crayola crayons, and the daughter of “Barbie” inventor Ruth Handler (whose name is Barbara)."

No mention if that show topic has aired already or not.
  13. Marky

Marky Member

Hold me back.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thats not bad, but I wish it could of been Caroll.
  15. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I wish it could have been the entire cast. Like a little tiny MuppetFest. But at least they got Kevin. That's good. :D
  16. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

I guess we'll just wait and see.
  17. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

Just to clear things up a little: I received official information through Sesame Workshop that Kevin (and Elmo) will be appearing today on Oprah. On Oprah's website, and according to previews on the show, today's episode is Hurricane Katrina-themed. As I said before, Kevin and part of the cast visited New Orleans after the hurricane, so he may appear because of that. As for what OverUnder said, maybe he won't be on tomorrow and that episode will be airing later in the season. Perhaps SW has their information wrong. I know I'll be crossing my fingers for an appearance tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything early in the day.
  18. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

well I hope some one finds out exactly when Kevin is on because I dislike Oprahs' shows quite a bit.....and I'm not going to watch it every day just so I can see mr. Elmo :grouchy:
  19. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I agree with JimHensonHour. It's quite an odd show, and I don't normally watch it myself. I really hope he's on today, and we didn't miss it. :)
  20. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

I just received word that Kevin's appearance has been changed to Monday, the 27th. Sorry for the confusion.